Shoutbox

File Transfer : Some help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: File Transfer : Some help (/showthread.php?tid=64971)

File Transfer : Some help by Yil2201 on 08-15-2006 at 09:22 PM

Hi all! I'm making a new script and asking some questions ... My script send a file to my contact and i want that the user has a lot of informations about the transfer is there a way to take the position of this progressbar and give it to my progressbar in my script UI ? It is possible to have more informations about it such as Speed, Time Remaining, Elapsed Time, Size of the file, Remaining Size, etc. ?

Thanks! And it would be useful for a lot of users/developpers!

RE: File Transfer : Some help by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 09:23 PM

Nope, not at the moment as there isn't a way to get the progress of a script being sent... Or even if it is in the progress of sending or if the file has failed :(

Cloudy

RE: File Transfer : Some help by Yil2201 on 08-15-2006 at 09:26 PM

So bad ... Why at the moment ?

RE: File Transfer : Some help by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 09:28 PM

At the moment, because you never know what neat ideas these script writers will come up with for finding things :P

Patchou might one day impliment it into the scripting system...

I would say request it as a feature, but i'm not sure if it has already been requested...

Cloudy

RE: File Transfer : Some help by Yil2201 on 08-15-2006 at 09:31 PM

Thanks for answer!
But maybe do you think that WLM put it in the registry or in a DLL or something else during the transfer ? Nobody has an idea ?

RE: File Transfer : Some help by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 09:35 PM

No, That is highly unlikely... It might store the transfer details in memory as it is downloading though, but i'm not sure where it would store them, and would require a highly advanced scripter... Another method would be somehow hooking into messenger and finding out the transfer, but again would require advanced scripting...

Cloudy

RE: File Transfer : Some help by Yil2201 on 08-15-2006 at 09:38 PM

Yeah or maybe i have to create my own file transfer protocol just as File Transfer Plus ...

RE: File Transfer : Some help by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 09:39 PM

Yeah, but then your contact would need the script aswell, which isn't very practical...

Cloudy

RE: File Transfer : Some help by Yil2201 on 08-15-2006 at 09:54 PM

True, I'll see ...
I have an another question which would be useful for other developpers, is there a way to send a file to a contact when you know his email adress ( by instance : MsgPlus.SendFile('mymail@live.com', 'C:/text.txt') ) ... ?

RE: File Transfer : Some help by Ezra on 08-15-2006 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Yil2201
True, I'll see ...
I have an another question which would be useful for other developpers, is there a way to send a file to a contact when you know his email adress ( by instance : MsgPlus.SendFile('mymail@live.com', 'C:/text.txt') ) ... ?

You can iterate trough the chatwindows to see if a window with that user is already opened or open an new window for that user and send it.