Shoutbox

Some ideas to sleep ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Some ideas to sleep ? (/showthread.php?tid=64979)

Some ideas to sleep ? by Giulia on 08-15-2006 at 10:46 PM

Hi
I can't sleep well.  I know I go to bed late, but before 3 am I can't sleep. And after having fallen asleep I wake up many times during the night. Some ideas to solve this problem without going to the doctor ?

Thanks in advance

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by GiantSpider on 08-15-2006 at 10:49 PM

Sleeping pills or lots of masturbation

RE: RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Giulia on 08-15-2006 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Sleeping pills or lots of masturbation

You didn't solve my problem but you made me laugh behind my screen ;)
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Jimcando on 08-15-2006 at 10:59 PM

I have this problem, I usually never sleep until about 4am-ish. I think it's just because I then end up not waking up until 3pm and I'm not tired at night :P

What I do is stay awake all night then by 10/11pm the next night, I'm shattered and I'll fall asleep straight away.

The only times I wake up many times are if I've left my T.V. on though :P

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Chris4 on 08-15-2006 at 11:02 PM

This is what I try and do...

Because I'm a fidget, I keep rolling over, etc. I try and lay on my back and keep as still as I can. Then I try and make my mind go blank. Make your mind just see black, everything is black, keep thinking of that.

How to: Get to sleep and stay asleep

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by cloudhunter on 08-15-2006 at 11:04 PM

Say goodnight to Lisa, then hit yourself on the head with a hammer! Not tried it, but it worked for Willie in the Simpsons!

Just kidding ;)

I don't have a cure myself, I stay awake until 4AM most nights...

Cloudy

RE: RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Giulia on 08-15-2006 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

Because I'm a fidget, I keep rolling over, etc. I try and lay on my back and keep as still as I can. Then I try and make my mind go blank. Make your mind just see black, everything is black, keep thinking of that.

Thanks for your link, I am reading it
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Kenji on 08-15-2006 at 11:10 PM

quote:

Thats cool, im gnna try that tonight, i havent been sleeping till around 3:30 am and its annoying :sad:
RE: RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Chris4 on 08-15-2006 at 11:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:

Thats cool, im gnna try that tonight, i havent been sleeping till around 3:30 am and its annoying :sad:

Let me know if it works. ;):P
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Giulia on 08-15-2006 at 11:12 PM

So I'm not the only one with sleep problems. I am happy not to be alone in that situation.

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Chris4 on 08-15-2006 at 11:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Giulia
So I'm not the only one with sleep problems. I am happy not to be alone in that situation.
Lots and lots of people have sleep problems...

Did the link help?
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Giulia on 08-15-2006 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Did the link help?
I will follow their advice and I'll see if it work. Now I go to bed, it's 1.15am and I should be in bed instead of doing computer.

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by qgroessl on 08-15-2006 at 11:34 PM

quote:

yes... this works well... lay on your back... try and have your palms up... and kinda spread eagle...so that none of your limbs are touching each other... it is fairly comfortable...

Also instead of seeing black, my friend told me to think of white, and somebody that was very very close to me, and keep everything white... and I slept better for a while.
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Stigmata on 08-15-2006 at 11:35 PM

have sex with me?

hmmm lame i know...

ok, how about having a glass of wine or something.. or just lying in bed and thinking about what you are going to do tomorrow?

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
keep everything white... and I slept better for a while.

racist :D lol
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Kenji on 08-15-2006 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
ok, how about having a glass of wine or something.. or just lying in bed and thinking about what you are going to do tomorrow?

Wouldnt that keep you up? thinking of things keeps Your brain active... i think and would be harder to sleep.
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by qgroessl on 08-15-2006 at 11:40 PM

Yeah... thinking of things probably isn't a good thing... your bedroom is supposed to be stress-free and as far away from the rest of the world as possible...

Also as I just remembered this method.... it's from the movie "Saving Private Ryan".... If you try and stay awake, you'll fall asleep faster....

Then he goes on to telling this whole story about how he trys to stay awake so he can talk to his mom when she got home from work... but never could cause he tried so hard... blah blah blah...

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Stigmata on 08-15-2006 at 11:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata

Wouldnt that keep you up? thinking of things keeps Your brain active... i think and would be harder to sleep.

alcohol + late time = sleep

i know i slept like a log sunday night.

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Voldemort on 08-15-2006 at 11:45 PM

read your most boring hsitory book until you fall asleep...

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Chris4 on 08-15-2006 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Then he goes on to telling this whole story about how he trys to stay awake so he can talk to his mom when she got home from work... but never could cause he tried so hard... blah blah blah...
Bleh, if I try and stay awake, I stay awake. :P
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by qgroessl on 08-15-2006 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
espshally

especially :refuck:

Yeah... he's right though... I'm in football practice right now... I have two practice a day and by 9PM i'm out.
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Chris4 on 08-17-2006 at 07:33 AM

Hmm, fell asleep at 10pm, woke up at 4am, tried getting back to sleep for 3 hours and couldn't, got up at 7am. I'm tired :) 8:33am now, might go back to sleep soon. :)

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by DarkMe on 08-17-2006 at 07:36 AM

I fell asleep at 5:00 and wake up at 14:00 :d

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Kenji on 08-17-2006 at 07:51 AM

Blah, i fell asleep at 1am :sad:... but thats one of the earlyest... and i got up at 8:20 ish :P

but my freind did wake me up asking if he could get a drink... 8-)

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by prashker on 08-17-2006 at 07:54 AM

Warm Milk + TV + Cosey Couch / Bed = Ultimate get to sleep method ;-)

I do that all the time when I can't sleep and works every time :P

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Rik on 08-17-2006 at 08:56 AM

normally when i can't sleep i just grab the bible and start reading, i usually fall asleep in the second page....

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Nathan on 08-17-2006 at 09:07 AM

I didnt get to sleep till 3:00am and I woke up at 8:45.
:D
Think of something that you really want/like and you'll dream about it and trust me you won't get up in the night :P
;)

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Thor on 08-17-2006 at 09:15 AM

I fell asleep at 12am..  wake up 7:30 :P
And if I can't sleep.. I just lay and look into the roof... And think about what I shall dream about. usually work :)

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by ShawnZ on 08-17-2006 at 11:05 AM

[Image: nyquil-744550.jpg]

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by vaccination on 08-17-2006 at 11:18 AM

Well, there is a drug called Melatonin (or something like that) but it an illegal drug and is hard to get the doctors to give it to you but basically it replaces the chemicals that tell your brain it is time to sleep.

On another note you can try and think of nothing or you can think about something you really like or would like to do and you will fall asleep and dream about that and should not wake.

Also another good remedy is hot sugary milk.

milk + sugar, stir it and then put it in the microwave until it is warm/hot. It works quite well and tastes nice too. :) 

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Kenji on 08-17-2006 at 04:31 PM

ahh, how could i forget this:

Horlicks, my nan has something about that, she always says "have a cup of nice warm horlicks before you go to bed"  and it des work too, tastes nice aswell especially with sugar,  well i think it does :cheesy:

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by hiqbal on 08-17-2006 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Giulia

Giulia, there is no solution for it in pills or with any consultant. You have to help yourself in this case.

Edit your routine and see if there is any tension that keeps you thinking. Actually there is a time when body wants to sleep badly after few hours, but once you pass that stage then there is no sleeping again.

My problem was movies, late night chatting with my love, internet in general, hang outs etc etc ..

Try to give yourself rest and you will live healthier and longer.

It happened to me as well for years. Try to sleep no later than 11:00pm. You can stay awake on weekends .. u can go out for movies, have party at home .. but do try to complete your sleeping hours during the day 6 hours atleast.

Regards,
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by MaRy! on 08-17-2006 at 07:41 PM

You can read a short time before to go to the bed :)

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Oxy on 08-17-2006 at 09:25 PM

what i do to get to sleep is talk to my dad or other relatives over the phone, by the tme the conversations ended, going to sleep feels like something really exciting compared to what i just did.:P

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by vaccination on 08-17-2006 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
dont be stupid, you cant keep drinking alcohol every night.

I better stop then. :(
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by boston on 08-17-2006 at 10:17 PM

http://www.well.com/~mick/insomnia/ that links cool

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by LoochTheMan on 08-17-2006 at 10:34 PM

Set your radio to a sleep timer and play classical music, works for me.

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Mike on 08-20-2006 at 08:41 PM

Try this.

Or see the full sleep category here

Don't know if it really works though... :P

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Chris4 on 08-21-2006 at 01:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by boston
http://www.well.com/~mick/insomnia/ that links cool

Nice. :)
RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by DarkSebman on 08-22-2006 at 08:14 PM

If i couldn't fall asleep. I try to concentrate on my breath and try to let the thouts flow away like clouds...  that makes my tired every time.

I'm not sure, but it seems like i'm dreaming better after this pocedure too, but i'm not denfitly sure.

cu

DarkSebman

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by ins4ne on 08-22-2006 at 08:26 PM

i dont know if that has been proposed (too lazy to read all the posts :$) but... count sheep

EDIT: that worked 2 out of 5 times for me

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by artfuldodga on 08-22-2006 at 08:34 PM

be an alcoholic :P *slips out of his chair* .... im ok

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by ins4ne on 08-22-2006 at 08:40 PM

take a relaxing bath... eucalyptus or something... good hot then go to bed...

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by Lourix on 08-22-2006 at 08:50 PM

I have just had this massive idea..... Count Sheep :)

RE: Some ideas to sleep ? by ins4ne on 08-22-2006 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
...count sheep
:refuck: