Shoutbox

Someone who knows how to do scripts please come - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come (/showthread.php?tid=64981)

Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by elfangor93 on 08-16-2006 at 12:57 AM

I have a great idea for a script but i dunno how to make scripts. I was hoping if I posted the idea someone could write the script.

I was thinking of doing a kind of mood font. When you type an emote it changes color. For example, typing :) will make your font turn green, typing :( makes it blue, :@ makes it red, (L) makes it navy, etc. Once it changes color it changes until you type a new emote.

What do you think?

I have to go but I'll be back in an hour or 2.

RE: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by cloudhunter on 08-16-2006 at 01:09 AM

Well this can't be done unless it uses plus colour codes, as there is no way to change your font from the scripting system yet... And not everyone has plus.

Cloudy

RE: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by matty on 08-16-2006 at 01:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Well this can't be done unless it uses plus colour codes, as there is no way to change your font from the scripting system yet... And not everyone has plus.

Cloudy
You are aware of the IM Color registry key right?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=714346]
RE: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by cloudhunter on 08-16-2006 at 01:41 AM

Well I wasn't, but isn't information like that only checked every time the conversation window is opened, unless the font is changed in the window?

That would require a close, and then a reopen of the window...

RE: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by elfangor93 on 08-16-2006 at 01:58 AM

Aww so it won't worK?

RE: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by markee on 08-16-2006 at 02:25 AM

You could also make the script contact dependant like I do with all my scripts.  This would fix the problem but would only work for those contacts of yours that have plus (remembering to use IRC colours to also make it compatible with MP! 3.xx users)

RE: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by elfangor93 on 08-16-2006 at 02:37 AM

I thought it would be an easy script :(

RE: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by Lou on 08-16-2006 at 03:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by elfangor93
I thought it would be an easy script :(
It is if what you want is to use the Plus! Colours. Well easy, it's okay easy. Not too bad imo.

Do you want your entire text colour changed, or just the Plus! Colour tags added?
RE: Someone who knows how to do scripts please come by elfangor93 on 08-16-2006 at 03:45 AM

I want the wole color changed that non-plus or even people who use MSN to see it. Is that possible?

I gtg for the night. I'll be back in the morn.