Shoutbox

[Updated] AorSCS - Alone or Several Contacts Sender - Now with rename file feature! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Updated] AorSCS - Alone or Several Contacts Sender - Now with rename file feature! (/showthread.php?tid=64993)

[Updated] AorSCS - Alone or Several Contacts Sender - Now with rename file feature! by Yil2201 on 08-16-2006 at 06:33 AM

AorSCS

[Image: AorSCS.png]

That's done, AorSCS is released! Here are some informations about that script :

Title : AorSCS - Alone or Several Contacts Sender
Short Description : Allows you to send a file to several contacts in one time with a description.
Long Descitption : This script allows you to send a file to several contacts by using the Plus! button in the conversation window. Just click on it, go to AorSCS and then click on "Send a File...". Then select the file, check receiver(s) in a ListView and write, optionnal, a short description of the file which will be sent. The script will send the file and send the description as a message with "Note :  + your descritpion"  in a new conversation window if any exist or in the current chat window if you selected an/some user(s) who you were talking to.
Category : New Functions
Version & Build : 1.7 Build 2350
What's new in V1.7 (  Released 12/01/06 ) :
- AorSCS works now on MsgPlus! Live 4.11
- Modified some texts with a better English
- Description of a file is now sent with the action command "/me" ( MyName said about this file : Description )
- Updater was updated with a bug fixed.

What's new in V1.6.1 ( Released 08/21/06 ) :

- Updated the updater with an about window and refrshed the UI where there was a sentence in french and not in english and added an animation during the download of the update.
- User can now rename the file before sending it to contacts! so the filename on the HDD stay the same but the file to the contact has a new filename!
- Minor open bug fixed.

-> Donwload (Latest version)!!

Hope you'll like it, don't forget to leave me your suggestions and what you think about the script ;)

RE: [Will Be Released] AorSCS by DarkMe on 08-16-2006 at 07:16 AM

Good Work (y)

RE: [Will Be Released] AorSCS by mitz on 08-16-2006 at 10:13 AM

this will be great when it comes out - i always wanted a script like this - thank you mate

RE: [Will Be Released] AorSCS by Yil2201 on 08-16-2006 at 01:50 PM

OK, working on the script, it will be ready tonight ;). I'm making the logo, the aboutbox and the update feature and it is working and ready to be released :)

RE: [Released] AorSCS - Alone Or Several Contacts Sender by Yil2201 on 08-16-2006 at 03:58 PM

Released !

RE: [Release] AorSCS - Alone Or Several Contacts Sender by Firehalk on 08-16-2006 at 04:04 PM

Interesting!

Sounds really good!

I'll take a look at this and then I post my opinion here.

RE: [Release] AorSCS - Alone Or Several Contacts Sender by Kenji on 08-16-2006 at 04:06 PM

Thats cool, ill try it when i need to send people multiple files:P

[offtopic]
FIREHALK GIVE ME MY CAT BACK!!!!11
[/offtopic]

RE: [Release] AorSCS - Alone Or Several Contacts Sender by vaccination on 08-16-2006 at 04:51 PM

Very ice, i like it, i don't send many files at more than one contact but i tested it and it is cool. Good job.

RE: [Release] AorSCS - Alone Or Several Contacts Sender by Yil2201 on 08-17-2006 at 08:50 AM

Sent the script to MenthiX to add it in the database. Also, for the next version, i thought about an idea to e able to rename the file before sending it to contacts ... So your file on your HDD keep the sme filename but the file which you are sending to the contact has a new filename ...

See you and thank you !

RE: [Release] AorSCS - Alone Or Several Contacts Sender by just_a_name on 08-21-2006 at 07:58 AM

Excellent work, thankyou!! Looking forward to more cool updates :)

RE: [Release] AorSCS - Alone Or Several Contacts Sender by MattyRid on 08-21-2006 at 09:05 AM

Nice script!! However, my Anti-Virus software (Trend Micro) has detected the updater.exe file as a "Possible Virus", so perhaps something that needs to be sorted out for the next release.

RE: [Release] AorSCS - Alone Or Several Contacts Sender by Yil2201 on 08-21-2006 at 09:40 AM

That's strange, there isn't ANY virus in my script! But the updater.Exe file connect to my server when you execute it, so maybe Trend Micro take this for hacking ... I have no news about the addition in the script database of my script ... if MenthiX reads this message ... Please Add :P. Again, as i'm working on next release, you can give me some ideas which would be cool for the script ;)

See you!

OK, the script was updated to Version 1.6.1. Go to the first post to see what's new!! Enjoy the new version, and thanks to MattyRid, i added a message in the updater to say that could be a virus alert ;)

See you;)
RE: [Updated] AorSCS - Alone or Several Contacts Sender - Now with rename file featur by Yil2201 on 12-01-2006 at 07:12 PM

Hi all! A new version of AorSCS is avalaible today. It's called version 1.7 because there isn't a lot of new things in the code. I just made it compatible with new version of Plus! Live, and it is working really well.
Also, the Note message is sent like an action message in this version so it is "MyName said about this file : MyDescription", better. A bug was fixed in the updater and I improved my english also ;) I'm in the contest, so if you like my script, think it useful or orginal, it would be great if you vote for it ;) it cans really help me :)

You can download the new version from the database ;)

See you, Yil.

Once again : Any idea or question ... just ask.

RE: [Updated] AorSCS - Alone or Several Contacts Sender - Now with rename file feature! by MicroWay on 12-02-2006 at 12:47 AM

Thanks!!!
;)(Y)

Suggestion:
When clicked "Check for Updates", remake the message of the toast and make the toast, when clicked, open the file...
Or if it's not possible, try to make this: When clicked "Check for updates", make the script "see" for it and display the toast saying that is/isn't a new version
:)

RE: [Updated] AorSCS - Alone or Several Contacts Sender - Now with rename file featur by CookieRevised on 12-02-2006 at 02:25 AM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by Yil2201
I'm in the contest, so if you like my script, think it useful or orginal, it would be great if you vote for it,  it cans really help me
Votes do not count in the competition.

[/OFF TOPIC]
RE: RE: [Updated] AorSCS - Alone or Several Contacts Sender - Now with rename file fe by Yil2201 on 12-02-2006 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Thanks!!!
;)(Y)

Suggestion:
When clicked "Check for Updates", remake the message of the toast and make the toast, when clicked, open the file...
Or if it's not possible, try to make this: When clicked "Check for updates", make the script "see" for it and display the toast saying that is/isn't a new version
:)

Yep i was working on it for this release, but it didn't work so i released it, and i'm waiting for help to do that ... ;)

See you