Shoutbox

[release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) (/showthread.php?tid=65000)

[release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by Jordi87 on 08-16-2006 at 09:53 AM

Have you ever been waiting for someone in MSN?
Have you ever played a game while you were connected?

When you wait you get bored, when you get bored you play a game, but if you play a game you don't realice when someone get's online(sound doesn't work properly).But what about the internal speaker?

Have you ever need someone's help but he was a playing a game and didnt' know that you were talking?

If you understand this situation you will love this script.The Beeper ;)

http://perso.wanadoo.es/jordi__87

I've a forum to solve problems related to my script,suggestions,etc.

Main web page is in spanish and the plugin too but I think it's easy to understand (for me :P), if not please request my help.

Greetings,

Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper by prashker on 08-16-2006 at 10:14 AM

For those who cannot find their way around go here for direct download

http://perso.wanadoo.es/jordi__87/beeper/soft/14....are%20Edition.plsc

Don't really want this script...but sounds good (y)

RE: [release]The Beeper by Jordi87 on 08-16-2006 at 10:28 AM

Thank you SonicSam.

I forgot to comment that an external wireless "beeping hardware" is under development, and that this version is Beta so it doesn't have all features like music editor (for internal speaker).

Greetings,

Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper by P4R4D0x on 08-16-2006 at 11:38 AM

Would you be able to make an english translation??

RE: [release]The Beeper by Jordi87 on 08-16-2006 at 12:41 PM

I will try it.

The second beta version is out.

http://perso.wanadoo.es/jordi__87/beeper/soft/16....are%20Edition.plsc

Greetings,

Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper by Jordi87 on 08-16-2006 at 02:20 PM

Here is the translation :http://perso.wanadoo.es/jordi__87/beeper/soft/16.08.2006/English.plsc

Greetings,

Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper (now in English too) by Jordi87 on 08-16-2006 at 08:22 PM

I'm sorry.The english version had a bug, now I've uploaded the correct version.

I will try to explain how it works.

Install the script.

HOWTO WAIT FOR SOMEONE

Go to butterfly icon and then go to The Beeper menu and click in configure contacts...

Now select a contact and click on "Notify me when...", check  "User signs in" and then close the windows. When the selected user sign in, your PC will start to emit a beep throught the iternal speaker. To stop it, go to butterfly menu, beeper menu and then click on "stop beep!".

HOWTO ENABLE BOT BEEP

When you are playing or watching a movie, you don't want to get disturb if it's not important.Beeper bot will attend your conversations and say to everyone who try to speak to you that they can warn you by writing the beep command.

Go to butterfly menu, beeper menu and click on "configure contacts...". Select a contact and click on  "Enable Beeper BOT", configure a message for this contact, typically "I'm busy, if it's important write !beep" or something similar, the confirmation message tell the user that !beep command has succesfully executed and the reconfirmation message warn the user if the PC is beeping. Repeat this step for every contact that you want to allow to use this service. Beeper will ignore unset contacts, so it will be like beeper it's not installed for this contacts.

Now you have to enable beeper in at least one status. Go to butterfly menu, beeper menu and then click on "Enable when...". Check Busy state. This will do that every time you go to busy status beeper will enable the bot, otherwise beeper will be like it's uninstalled. You can also check Away and Idle for example. Now go to one of the selected status tro activate the beeper bot, for example busy.

You will see "(under beeper)  " plus your old personal message in your personal message. This prefix message will be erased when you go to an status in which beeper is disabled. Sometimes this not happen you can delete it manually if this is the case. Beeper bot is enabled.

Play your favorite game, if some of the enabled commands speaks to you, beeper bot will reply with your message. If then they write !beep, your PC will start beeping. You can also change the beep characteristics in the butterfly menu,beeper menu "Configure beep sound...".

The Enable hardware button by now does not do anything,it's for a future version.

I hope you like it,

please leave feedback...

Greetings,
Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) bugs fixed and an example of use by P4R4D0x on 08-17-2006 at 10:42 AM

Hmmm, I like this alot...

In the contact configuration menu, to be abit more organised, wouldn't mind seeing what contacts i'm being notified for [yes/no] in "Notify me when..."

Just to let you know also, in the English translation, there are a few spelling errors

Thanks good script, bye

RE: RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) bugs fixed and an example of use by Jordi87 on 08-18-2006 at 08:15 AM

quote:
In the contact configuration menu, to be abit more organised, wouldn't mind seeing what contacts i'm being notified for [yes/no] in "Notify me when..."

I forgot to implement it, I will add this in the next version. Thank you.;)

quote:

Just to let you know also, in the English translation, there are a few spelling errors

I know I'm not english so I do what I can. Maybe somebody wants to help me :).

Get he latest version at http://perso.wanadoo.es/jordi__87/

Greetings,

Jordi
RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) bugs fixed and an example of use by Jordi87 on 08-18-2006 at 08:44 AM

Here is the english translation for version B3.

Changelog

-Few bugfixes

• The Bot replies to the contact always with the reply message, even if it wrote !beep
  • (under beeper) personal message prefix does not erase automatically when user signs off with beeper enabled.
  • Other
[list]

-Now it's possible to enable all contacts at the same time.

Greetings,
Jordi
RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) release B3 by P4R4D0x on 08-18-2006 at 11:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jordi87
I know I'm not english so I do what I can. Maybe somebody wants to help me :).
Jordi
Yes, I will, in the next few days, I will type a list of errors on the latest version.

Btw, with your update, it creates a new script which erases my orginial options, this bugged me, just a tip for the next update...

Thnx, Ryan...

RE: RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) release B3 by Jordi87 on 08-18-2006 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x

Yes, I will, in the next few days, I will type a list of errors on the latest version.

Thank you :)

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x

Btw, with your update, it creates a new script which erases my orginial options, this bugged me, just a tip for the next update...

Thnx, Ryan...

Oh I'm sorry. I'm afraid that's why I changed the Script name (added English to the original name). I changed the name because with the same name I only could install one version or  overwrite the other version.

I think there's a way to retrieve your data.

Rename the folder  "The Beeer Hardware Edition English" to "The Beeer Hardware Edition".

If you want to repack the script installer:

Rename the English.plsc to English.zip.

Extract files.

Open ScriptInfo.xml with notepad.

Look for <Name>The Beeper Hardware Edition English</Name> tag and change it to

<Name>The Beeper Hardware Edition</Name>

Save the changes and pack  all files in a zip

Rename the new zip to plsc. Install it.

This should retrieve your data.

I hope I helped you.

Greetings,

Jordi

EDIT: There's another way to copy data to the new version

open regedit.exe

go to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\Scripts\The Beeper Hardware Edition\ and rename it to

The Beeper Hardware Edition English

Greetings,

Jordi
RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) release B3 by P4R4D0x on 08-18-2006 at 11:00 PM

Sorry, it's ok now, I re-did it once I downloaded so it's all good.

+ Could there be an option if we want (under beeper) to go into our psm aswell, it can get annoying, thanks...

RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) release B3 by Jordi87 on 08-19-2006 at 09:04 AM

You can disable (under beeper) until the next release editing the Script sources. Search for this at the beginning of the script

var beeper_enabled_ps="(under beeper)";

and change it to

var beeper_enabled_ps="";

Greetings ,

Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) release B3 by ombadboy on 08-19-2006 at 02:14 PM

doesnt work for me :S

is there anywhere i can check whether my internal speaker is actually working?

RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) release B3 by CookieRevised on 08-19-2006 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ombadboy

1) open a DOS command console: Start > Run > cmd
2) Type CTRL+G and press enter
(you'll see ^G on the command line and you should hear a beep)
RE: [release]The Beeper (in English) release B3 by ombadboy on 08-19-2006 at 02:31 PM

thnx.. doesnt work :P

gotta go check the jumpers on my mobo :(

RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in english) by Jordi87 on 11-25-2006 at 08:52 PM

Hi, I've released and translated version Beta 4b.

It has several bugfixes and now it's easy to stop beep and enable beep for all.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/thebeeper

I hope you like it.

I've a forum for feedback and suggestions...

http://thebeeper.sf.net/phpBB2/ (You can post in english)

Greetings,

Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by Ezra on 11-25-2006 at 09:28 PM

You know, Appmon+ also has this feature, it will beep when get a message when you are playing a game.

It auto-detects that you are playing (Main function of the script) and will beep if you want it to.

RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by Jordi87 on 11-26-2006 at 08:35 AM

Hi,
I've tested AppMon+ and It's different.

Beeper will not detect what application you're running it only will detect the current state. If you configured this state to enable beeper, a bot will reply all your conversations (it has a filter contact, so you can enable it to a certain contacts) and if the contacts says !beep internal speaker will beep in a loop ( not a single beep). You can also enable notifications to certain contacts ,for example when someone signs in,beeper will beep. Through the chat window you can activate a "next message beep", so when the contact replies your PC will beep. While beeper it's beeper for "I'm at home (out of PC) if you need something write !beep", AppMon+ it's beeter for "I'm playing a game,change my status and my PSM and alert me whenever someone says something".

What I'm planning for next versions:melody beeps and an USB RF adaptor.

And of course feel free to aport your ideas at the forum ;).

Greetings,
Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by Jimbo on 11-26-2006 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by ombadboy

1) open a DOS command console: Start > Run > cmd
2) Type CTRL+G and press enter
(you'll see ^G on the command line and you should hear a beep)
And if that doesn't sound, how can we make it make a sound

RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by Jordi87 on 11-26-2006 at 10:54 AM

In volume control of your sound card (control panel) there is a Internal Speaker control slidebar, check it's not silenced.

I supose it's a windows configuration mismatch. You are not the only one that can't hear system beeps so I'm working on a version that uses normal speakers to make beeps.

Greetings,

Jordi

RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by Jimbo on 11-26-2006 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jordi87
In volume control of your sound card (control panel) there is a Internal Speaker control slidebar, check it's not silenced.

I supose it's a windows configuration mismatch. You are not the only one that can't hear system beeps so I'm working on a version that uses normal speakers to make beeps.

Greetings,

Jordi
Its not silenced but i still can't hear it

RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by Kenji on 11-26-2006 at 11:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
Maybe you dont have an internal speaker...
RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by Jimbo on 11-26-2006 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
How can i check this?

RE: [release]The Beeper release B4b (in English) by CookieRevised on 11-26-2006 at 01:28 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
How can i check this?
open your computer case and search for a speaker :p

It is quite often located on the back of the front plate of the case. Or in some rare cases, there is a very small 'piezo' buzzer mounted on the motherboard itself.

(it is indeed not rare that a computer system doesn't contain an internal speaker anymore though; or isn't hooked up)