Shoutbox

Quick Texts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Quick Texts (/showthread.php?tid=65019)

Quick Texts by gullom on 08-16-2006 at 05:19 PM

There was a feature in MP! for MSN that I miss in MP!L for WLM: quick texts use to be able to post a message from the "poster" without the "Dave says:" in the post.
It would just be a simple notification from the poster of, say an action, like "Dave faints," now I can't figure out where this feature is.

Also I can no longer find the feature...command, whatever it's called, that auto-generates the persons name your are chatting with, into your post.

For instance if I'm IM'ing with, say, Mark, there was a command in MP! that you could use that would let me type a message like "[User] makes fun of Mark." Also this would not have "[User] says:" in the message either.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

RE: Quick Texts by vaccination on 08-16-2006 at 05:29 PM

To the first one i think you mean the "/me" command. Try it in a conversation, type "/me faints." And see if that is what you want.

RE: RE: Quick Texts by gullom on 08-16-2006 at 06:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
To the first one i think you mean the "/me" command. Try it in a conversation, type "/me faints." And see if that is what you want.

Ok, that's half of what I'm looking for. I'm also looking for a "/" command that displays the name of the person I'm talking to, anyone know how to do that?

RE: Quick Texts by Thor on 08-16-2006 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gullom
Ok, that's half of what I'm looking for. I'm also looking for a "/" command that displays the name of the person I'm talking to, anyone know how to do that?
no.

But you could try (!N) (I think, or (!NP)
RE: RE: Quick Texts by gullom on 08-16-2006 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
quote:
Originally posted by gullom
no.

But you could try (!N) (I think, or (!NP)

Woo Hoo! that works!!