Shoutbox

Boss Lock Failure - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Boss Lock Failure (/showthread.php?tid=65035)

Boss Lock Failure by Aardvark on 08-17-2006 at 08:02 AM

Ok I did a search and I'm PRETTY sure no-ones yet to post a thread on this issue, so I will.

Every so often, when I activate my Boss Lock, using the default combo of ctrl+space, it doesn't lock, but rather just places a space in the conversation window, as if i didn't press ctrl to make the combo.

But if I then switch to the WLM main screen, and try activating the combo, it works fine. I'm using all the latest versions of WLM and MsgPlus, and as I said this problem does not occur ALL the time, just every so often. Usually the times someone walks into my room and I'm not meant to be on MSN, I try activating Boss Lock and it doesn't work. Lol is it just my bad luck? Or is it something more than that...*eerie music plays*

RE: Boss Lock Failure by CookieRevised on 08-17-2006 at 08:42 AM

All I can suggest is not to use a key combo like ctrl-space, but a true meaningless combination which does not produce a normal character (or which isn't already assigned to a function or standard Windows hotkey).

RE: Boss Lock Failure by Patchou on 08-17-2006 at 05:24 PM

Dop you have any script running? if so, I suggest you disable them to make sure they are not interfering.

RE: Boss Lock Failure by Aardvark on 08-18-2006 at 07:09 AM

Lol I've got quite a few running. I'll try disabling them and I'll say if any improvement occurs.

RE: Boss Lock Failure by Aardvark on 09-20-2006 at 12:06 PM

Ok sorry guys about the delay in my reply, but after a month of testing things, even with all scripts disabled I still get my error message. In fact I get it more often than I would if the scripts WERE enabled. And then I tried the most important thing that would tell me if it problem was my shortcut to lock it or whatnot. I typed /lock. Nothing happened. So something's gone wrong. VERY wrong, and I reformat my computer every couple of months so it's NOT A VIRUS that makes this stuff up - definately a bug. Any idea's what's up?