Shoutbox

How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? (/showthread.php?tid=65081)

How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by Andrew_H on 08-18-2006 at 04:25 PM

Use the picture below as an example.

[Image: mikeig3.png]

How could I remove the white background around it so that if I post it on a website (like now) it would just show the character?

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by somelauw on 08-18-2006 at 04:46 PM

Replacing the  white pixels by the backgroundcolor of the website you are posting?

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by qgroessl on 08-18-2006 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by somelauw
Replacing the  white pixels by the backgroundcolor of the website you are posting?

But if you're going to use it more than once... you'd wanna use transparency... But I don't know what I'm doing so I can't help :p
RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by tony on 08-18-2006 at 05:01 PM

there

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by saralk on 08-18-2006 at 05:01 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=715579]

edit: beaten to it :(

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by marissa on 08-18-2006 at 05:27 PM

well now he doesnt know for future references :p

anyway, if you're using PhotoShop or Paint Shop Pro you just have to make the background transparent, usually by using the "Background Eraser".

PhotoShop ->> i *think* you right click the eraser brush and there should be "back ground eraser", but im not totally sure

PaintShopPro ->> pretty much the same. (i havent played in PSP for awhile, so sorry if this is wrong) but theres sorta a drop down menu on each tool item and when you go to the Eraser tool's menu there should be "Background Eraser"
**tip: zoom in with a 1px brush to get everylast bit of the white**

sorry if thats totally wrong, but my point was to be, make the background transparent and save as a .gif, becuase i think with anything else it'll put the white background back...as ive learned from experience :sad:

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by Andrew_H on 08-18-2006 at 06:08 PM

Thank you to the members who made the background transparent for me and thank you pirateok for the information.

Unfortuneatly I don't have either of the programs that pirateok mentioied:(.

I'm stuck using the lame programs MS paint and Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9.

Is it possible to do it on any of those?

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by Matti on 08-18-2006 at 06:54 PM

MS Paint: Nope. :(
Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9: I don't know that one... maybe some other member knows? :)

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by tony on 08-18-2006 at 07:31 PM

Get fireworks.

check the trial version :)

http://www.adobe.com/products/fireworks/

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by Zahid™ on 08-18-2006 at 07:49 PM

Or get Gimp which is free and its a full version: http://www.gimp.org/

RE: How Do You Remove A Colour From Appearing? by Andrew_H on 08-18-2006 at 08:10 PM

Ok Thanks.