Shoutbox

I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... (/showthread.php?tid=65101)

I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by caifan on 08-19-2006 at 12:53 AM

Well, as the topic says, I´m having this problem, Im not sure if its Plus related. Last night I noticed I was online but nobody could see me marked as online, instead I was offline to them.
I have myself on my msn list and I realized I appearead as offline too. I have tried all of this with no luck so far: tried to sign out and sign in.. tried using all the different status other than "Online" for example "busy", "away", etc.. tried uninstalling live messenger and plus live, then installing WLM first (no luck), then Plus! (no luck), tried restarting PC, checked XP firewall allow/block list to see if msn was marked as allowed, tried waiting 2 days to see if anything changed, tried searching for similar problems.   Still no luck.....

The thing is that, if I sign in with other account I dont get this problem, its just my main account. Or if I sign in using a different version of Messenger (MSN 4.7) with my main account I dont have problems. If I use my main account in other PC with WML I dont have problems either...
RESUMING: Its like it wont work on MY pc, WITH my main account using WML.

I can only think of settings that were applied to my WML for MY account by a plugin (I only used Plus! and Stuffplug)...

If this helps, the last thing I remember I was doing before this happened, was changing my nickname, also I was listening mp3s using Winamp and had the WML feature "Turn on what Im listening" turned on...

Really need some help on this, any help would be really appreciated..
Thanks

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Panachiba on 08-19-2006 at 12:56 AM

other account not have that problems, because them use different Servers, try whit a program what/when changes of servers.

:P..no se como se dice" que cambie servers."

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by caifan on 08-19-2006 at 01:03 AM

you can explain me in spanish....

puedes explicarme en español....

¿que cambie servers? ¿cómo?

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by DarkMe on 08-19-2006 at 01:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Panachiba
what/when changes of servers
That changes servers :p

i have the same problem too and i can't solve it :s
RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Panachiba on 08-19-2006 at 01:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by caifan
you can explain me in spanish....

puedes explicarme en español....

¿que cambie servers? ¿cómo?

ya, cada cuenta , usa un servidor distinto o igual, en este caso las cuentsa que probaste , lo mas probable es que usen servidor disitintos, que son los medios para que uno pueda ver cuando uno se conecta, se cambia de estado, nos manda un icono, nos habla,etc. Lo mas probable es que tu servidor no alcanze a registrar eso, entonces lo que te recomiendo es que uses un programa que cambie servidores, en www.messengeradictos.com encontraras un programa que cambie de servidores.

O lo otro es que es un bug xD, pero te recomiendo que busques un programa que cambie de servidor.
RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by caifan on 08-19-2006 at 02:28 AM

Still not working...

Aun no funciona...

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Voldemort on 08-19-2006 at 02:46 AM

esperate un rato, a mi tambien me falla

gringos no molesten porfas.

sorry for the spammish.... kafman is right :P

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by caifan on 08-19-2006 at 02:51 AM

Voldemort tambien te esta fallando ahorita??? o habia fallado antes? Ya tiene dos dias desde q empezo este problema y aun nada :(

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Panachiba on 08-19-2006 at 02:57 AM

http://www.messengeradictos.com/13/46/documentos.php

descarga msn server x, es rato tu problema, deberia de haberse solucionado solo.

p.d: me a pasado, pero se arregla al rato.

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by tony on 08-19-2006 at 03:01 AM

For spanish support please go to http://es.msgplus.net/foro/.

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Kafman on 08-19-2006 at 03:03 AM

[OFFTOPIC]WTF, even tought I speak in spanish is annoying that existing a spanish forum of Messenger Plus!, you people keep responding insteance of refering him to the forum: http://es.msgplus.net/foro/
[/OFFTOPIC]

[SPANISH]

caifan, tu problema es normal, actualmente hay un problema con los servidores de wlm y por eso a mucha gente le pasa lo mismo que tú (sí, inclusive hay gente que sigue teniendo estos problemas desde hace 2 días o más)
[/SPANISH]

I know that it can be rude, but there are forum rules which we have to follow...

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Panachiba on 08-19-2006 at 03:13 AM

la idea es que se solucione, puede durar una semana con el problema o mas, asi que hay que buscar la forma de solucionar los problema pienso yo :S...

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
I know that it can be rude, but there are forum rules which we have to follow...

yep, but not all the people know the forum spanish...well..thats all.

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by caifan on 08-19-2006 at 03:13 AM

thanks for the info, how do you know about that? I havent found a single thread about this problem in all forums I've searched.

..btw I created this thread in english.. I dont see the reason to point me to spanish forums.

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Panachiba on 08-19-2006 at 05:22 AM

Sorry, we are unable to complete your task at this time. The Windows Live  service is experiencing difficulties. Please try your task again later.

you see ;).

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by caifan on 08-19-2006 at 05:44 AM

It is fixed now... didnt do anything... it was the server

thx all for the help!
really appreciated

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Aardvark on 08-19-2006 at 06:22 AM

Lol I've witnessed a similiar problem. Two of my friends were online but i saw them as offline. THe first friend was shown as offline when she was signed in onto Windows Messenger 4.7, and when she went onto WLM she was fine. My other friend on WLM was having herself as shown as offline, and when she showed herself as online she was still offline. I've sent en email to Microsoft to see if they know what the problem is, and they havn't got back to me yet. But from what my friend told me she kept signing in and out of WLM until she was shown as online. This isn't the best solutuon lol but yeh We're yet to find a better answer

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Oracle on 08-19-2006 at 12:40 PM

I have the same problem too.  No matter what status I am on WLM, my friends see me as offline.  It happens to me frequently until I signed off and then sign on again.  I still have to do this today.

I first thought if it is related to MSG PLUS LIVE, but it might be WLM's server problem.

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by xlilxjohnny on 08-25-2006 at 07:15 PM

I have a similar problem as well, but the thing with my problem is no matter where I log on .. the same thing happens not just on my computer =\

RE: I am online, but I appear offline to everyone... by Panachiba on 08-26-2006 at 12:55 AM

thats are problems of servers, change the servers or login again.