Shoutbox

[Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) (/showthread.php?tid=65123)

[Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by Matti on 08-19-2006 at 03:07 PM

Countdown Live
Current version: 2.2.021

(*) Latest version

Countdown Live version 2.2.021 was released on Saturday, 21 February 2009. View the change log below for more information.

8-| History

It was back in November 2007 when I started working on a complete revision of my first script, Countdown Live. The script was too messy, had lots of unfixed issues and I wasn't satisfied about it. Thus, I decided to begin from scratch again and re-program every single feature, with more structured and efficient code. This whole remake also came with a new design, which had to be more user-friendly, eye-catching and simpler. After having the original features re-implemented, the more structured code gave room for some additional interesting features, such as pausing the countdown on media change.

Around new year 2008, the BETA testing was as good as done, but then development slowed down. Translations were needed, a new site had to be made and new updates of Messenger Plus! Live gave new possibilities for script features, which I wanted to implement. And then school also started again. These factors caused a serious delay of the Countdown Live 2 release date. Until now...

(H) Features

These are the major features in version 2.2:
  • Add as many countdowns as you like in your nickname, personal message or media message
  • Start counting upwards when the countdown date passes, or set a finish message such as "Happy new year!".
  • See a live preview of the countdowns while modifying your preferences.
  • Choose the words used for the time units, or let the script take the units from the current language file.
  • Disable the countdown temporarily when a personalized status with personal message change is set, or when a media message countdown is interrupted by another program.
  • Make the countdown tags as advanced as you want with the great variety of tag options.
  • Support for Messenger Plus! Live's updater.
» View the full features list

The following translations are included in version 2.2:
  • English (myself)
  • Dutch (myself)
  • French (Franck Dethier & Thomas Michiels)
  • Danish (Patricia)
  • Finnish (Olli)
  • Greek (Basilis)
Through the Download Languages window, you can also find:
  • Hungarian (Sarxes)
  • Brazilian Portuguese (blessedguy)
Still awaiting the following translations: Italian (Francesco Giallatini), German (Jörg Schiller), Spanish (warmth)

(p) Screenshots

» Promotion screenshot
» Screenshot gallery

^o) Change log
  • Version 2.2.021 - 21 February 2009
    • Some important bug fixes and script class improvements were made.
  • Version 2.2.020 - 3 January 2009
    • You can now have as many countdowns as you like, in the same way as you can set up the tags.
    • System-wide hotkeys to quickly enable and disable the countdowns.
    • Added the documentation browser.
    • Rewritten countdown calculation system.
  • Version 2.1.017 - 15 August 2008
    • Removed Countdown Live's own script updater and added support for Plus! Live's built-in updater.
    • Fixes a bug reported by Phazeus with the countdown calculating system.
  • Version 2.1.016 - 16 July 2008
  • Version 2.1.015 - 15 July 2008
  • Version 2.1.014 - 14 July 2008
    • First public release of Countdown Live 2.1.
    • Tags are now separated from the countdowns, you can have as many tags as you want. New options for the tags include skipping of countdown units, units with leading zeros and unit grouping. For more information, please visit the features reference.
    • A preferences tab for the preview has been added. The preview panel has also been extended with extra toolbar buttons to force a refresh of the preview, to access to the preview settings panel and to toggle the state of the countdowns.
    • The preferences tabs list is now scrollable when all tabs can't fit in the window.
  • Version 2.0.008 - 1 April 2008
    • First public release of the new Countdown Live 2.
» View the full change-log

(co) Download Countdown Live

» From the scripts database: http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/Download-Details/DocumentID/7968.aspx
» From the project site: http://matti.buelens.com/cdl/index.php?p=down

:) Visit the project website!

:-# Known issues
  • None.
    If you found an issue, please post about it in this topic so I can investigate it.

(i) In case you'd like to translate Countdown Live...

I have developed a script which provides features to make translating Countdown Live lots easier. Read more on the project website...

[Image: logo-64.png]

RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by CookieRevised on 08-19-2006 at 03:24 PM

Looking very nice (Y),

and actually, very very VERY familiar...

...I see you have copied much of the user-interface principles used in my Holiday Counter Plugin (which I said I would make a Live version out of it, so blah at those "I was first, you copied my idea" and "you shouldn't be making something if someone already said he would make it" posts before in those other threads)...

So please consider also this (or I am forced to steal your code and can claim it my own since you copied much of the principles, and implement these things myself and release it again :XP::D):

1) When you use tags in your countdown script as placeholders, use "n" as the shortcut for minutes, not "m". This may seem unlogic at first, but it is actually more consistant with many other tools and you wont have problems when you add a month abbrivation.

2) Make sure people can still use the text "%d" for example (for whatever reason). In other words, make sure people can escape a text if they want it literally. Thus "\%d" will not be parsed.

3) Selecting a countup/countdown in the combo box is rather useless since you must set the time anyways... Depending on the time being in the past or future it is already defined as a countdown or countup, so no need for the user to specifically select it in the combo box also.

4) The label "method" is confussing. Better use "countdown tag" or "tag" or whatever.

5) In reference to 4, make it possible that a user can use also use the countdown tag as a normal Plus! tag in text in a conversation (thus: (!COUNTDOWN) ) and thus that it will be replaced with that countdown string.

6) be consistent with your tags. If you define a tag to be %countdown%, it makes more sense to also define the time tags as %d%, %h%, etc... (thus also with a end % sign), or vice versa... not mixed.

7) in reference to 5 and 6: whatever tag format you choose (I would have choosen "(!xxxx)" since that is also the standard way for plus tags, not "%xxx%"), it should be the same one as used in the 'text' texbox and as tag used in conversation texts.

Suggestions (which you didn't yet copied from the Holiday Counter Plugin):

- Make it possible that people can choose for both changing their nick and PSM.

- Make it possible that people can choose an icon for the PSM.

- Make it possible that a countdown automatically changes to a countup or vice versa when the time has passed.

- Make it possible that people can save multiple countdown settings.

RE: RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by Matti on 08-19-2006 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I see you have copied much of the user-interface principles used in my Holiday Counter Plugin (which I said I would make a Live version out of it, so blah at those "I was first, you copied my idea" and "you shouldn't be making something if someone already said he would make it" posts before in those other threads)...
Correct, I was inspired by your tags. No more, no less, I just liked them. :P
quote:
1) When you use tags in your countdown script as placeholders, use "n" as the shortcut for minutes, not "m". This may seem unlogic at first, but it is actually more consistant with many other tools and you wont have problems when you add a month abbrivation.
Err... strange, but ok, I can do that :-/
quote:
2) Make sure people can still use the text "%d" for example (for whatever reason). In other words, make sure people can escape a text if they want it literally. Thus "\%d" will not be parsed.
Hmm... I don't know what anyone has to do with %d, but no problem.
quote:
3) Selecting a countup/countdown in the combo box is rather useless since you must set the time anyways... Depending on the time being in the past or future it is already defined as a countdown or countup, so no need for the user to specifically select it in the combo box also.
Maybe...
quote:
4) The label "method" is confussing. Better use "countdown tag" or "tag" or whatever.
I never found a decent name for it, yours sounds great! I'll change that, thanks! :)
quote:
5) In reference to 4, make it possible that a user can use also use the countdown tag as a normal Plus! tag in text in a conversation (thus: (!COUNTDOWN) ) and thus that it will be replaced with that countdown string.
I tried it once, but that just got messed up. I can try again, ofcourse. ;)
quote:
6) be consistent with your tags. If you define a tag to be %countdown%, it makes more sense to also define the time tags as %d%, %h%, etc... (thus also with a end % sign), or vice versa... not mixed.
I thought that %countdown looked a bit weird, so I made it %countdown%... ok, bad idea... 8-)
quote:
7) in reference to 5 and 6: whatever tag format you choose (I would have choosen "(!xxxx)" since that is also the standard way for plus tags, not "%xxx%"), it should be the same one as used in the 'text' texbox and as tag used in conversation texts.
Hmm... that fixes the problem in 6, I'll use it! :D
quote:
Suggestions (which you didn't yet copied from the Holiday Counter Plugin):

That means checkboxes... well, why not? :P
But how would I set the Text then? :-/
quote:
- Make it possible that people can choose an icon for the PSM.
Oh damn... Gonna be hard. But I'll try...
quote:
- Make it possible that a countdown automatically changes to a countup or vice versa when the time has passed.
Hmm... well, ok then! :)
quote:
You mean, saving whole setting blocks? :| I don't think that'll be included very soon...

Well, thanks for the comments, this gives me something to work on again. :)
RE: RE: RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by CookieRevised on 08-19-2006 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Err... strange, but ok, I can do that :-/
At one point you will recieve requests to add months, years and weeks (just as every other countdown plugin/script has recieved), you will be thankfull that you used "n" for minutes. ;)

(and "n" is also used in all the other big official programming lanuages for minutes btw, for the same reasons)

quote:
Hmm... I don't know what anyone has to do with %d, but no problem.
hehe, me neither but people are strange beings sometimes :p. Anyways, it is easy to implement and is another "feature" if you like. Anticipating such things can be good.

quote:
quote:
I tried it once, but that just got messed up. I can try again, ofcourse. ;)
use the ChatWndReceiveMessage event. If the message contains the tag, replace the tag. It is actually extremely simple to make.

And the code/method to replace the tag is already present in your script anyways. Or it should be: a function which simply parses and returns the current %countdown% text.

Note that when you replace stuff in text messages you should be carefull in not replacing a text with a way longer text or the message might get too long, but actually that is the problem of the user and it's the user who should be aware of this though. You shouldn't worry about this.

quote:
quote:
That means checkboxes... well, why not? :P
But how would I set the Text then? :-/
what text?

Using checkboxes is almost no different than what you have now. Only you check each option and perform the stuff you do already for each.

Instead of:
If (radiobutton == 1) ChangeNick() Else ChangePSM()

you do:
If (checkbox1 == true) ChangeNick()
If (checkbox2 == true) ChangePSM()

quote:
quote:
You mean, saving whole setting blocks? :| I don't think that'll be included very soon...
No, not whole setting blocks, simply the text strings they entered is enough, see the Holiday Counter Plugin for a very short system using editable comboboxes to do this.

Saving whole setting blocks can be nice too, but is not so much used and can actually be some troublesome to make them each time when the user only wants to change a text. A date/time is set to something else each time anyways in most cases. But a user might want to make some default strings like "xxx until newyear", "xx until the brithday of ...", "xx until my next exam", etc...
RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by boston on 08-19-2006 at 04:19 PM

looks good cant wait til tommorrow morning
but what if something bad happened like you accidently deleted it? or is it ready but you are just keeping us in suspense

RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by Matti on 08-19-2006 at 05:44 PM

Yes, I probably have to move the release date. I try to reach it as close as I can get, but Cookie gave me much work with his suggestions. :P

Hmm... how do I let the script not parse "\%d" using a regular expression? :-/

code:
cStr = cStr.replace(/%d/g, Math.floor(cSecs/86400));
How the hell can I tell it not to replace when it has a \ before it?! Never used negation in RegExps before... :(

quote:
what text?
The text like "Only (!COUNTDOWN)...", shouldn't it be different for nickname and personal message?
RE: RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by CookieRevised on 08-19-2006 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Hmm... how do I let the script not parse "\%d" using a regular expression? :-/
code:
cStr = cStr.replace(/%d/g, Math.floor(cSecs/86400));
How the hell can I tell it not to replace when it has a \ before it?! Never used negation in RegExps before... :(
I actually would not use regular expressions in this case:
1) it is not easy (not short) to include a not-matching character and yet not including it in the matching replace string
2) you will have troubles (wrong output) with subsequent replaces (think about the case where the string to replace with also includes tags like %d) (<= you already have this problem now, even without the added check for "\")

A solution to all this is doing as if you can't use regular expressions:
find the first occurance of any tag, replace it if it doesn't begin with "\" and move on from that point forward in the string to find the next occurance of any tag.

In that way you don't have problems when the tag "%dw" actually contains the text "%hw" and you do:

cStr = cStr.replace(/%dw/g, DayWord);
cStr = cStr.replace(/%hw/g, HourWord);

I know it is a bit far fetched (that people will use %hw inside the word text), but this is stuff to consider if you want to make a total fool proof plugin.

Another way, and still using regular expressions like you do, is to first replace stuff like "\%d" with something else and later replace it back (but this wont fix the errors you can get if word tags contain "%d" too). And you need to be uber carefull in what you're going to replace "\%d" with before you apply the regular expressions (I'd suggest to replace it with a non-printeable character with a low ascii value).

quote:
quote:
what text?
The text like "Only (!COUNTDOWN)...", shouldn't it be different for nickname and personal message?
you could make two different textboxes, yes. That's what I also did in the Holiday Counter Plugin, but it isn't essential; it is a nice feature though.
RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by matty on 08-19-2006 at 08:16 PM

Looks very familiar to the Screenshot Sender 4 interface...

RE: RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by alexp2_ad on 08-19-2006 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Looks very familiar to the Screenshot Sender 4 interface...

I'm pretty sure I had a beta where it looked like this before SS4 was released.
RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by hmaster on 08-19-2006 at 08:56 PM

Quite a few scripts have adopted that type of interface. I think it gives it a professional look. Doesnt Status2FTP and Hopper have that look too?

RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by matty on 08-19-2006 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
I'm pretty sure I had a beta where it looked like this before SS4 was released.
Ya but remember those images I posted, regardless the language panel was completly ripped off. If he used any of our code he better credit us and -dt-.
RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by Matti on 08-20-2006 at 07:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Ya but remember those images I posted, regardless the language panel was completly ripped off. If he used any of our code he better credit us and -dt-.
Correct, I used parts of SS4, and the language panel is almost identical. You are credited in the script itself, is that good enough? :$

quote:
Originally posted by CookieResized
A solution to all this is doing as if you can't use regular expressions:
find the first occurance of any tag, replace it if it doesn't begin with "\" and move on from that point forward in the string to find the next occurance of any tag.

In that way you don't have problems when the tag "%dw" actually contains the text "%hw" and you do:

cStr = cStr.replace(/%dw/g, DayWord);
cStr = cStr.replace(/%hw/g, HourWord);

I know it is a bit far fetched (that people will use %hw inside the word text), but this is stuff to consider if you want to make a total fool proof plugin.
Hmm... well, I think that's the best I can do to make it work...

* Matti gets to work... stay tuned! :P
RE: [Upcoming] Countdown Live by Matti on 08-21-2006 at 01:08 PM

Countdown Live 1.0.120 is released! (with an hour of delay :P)
See the first post... ;)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by Biller on 08-21-2006 at 08:26 PM

WOW, no replays yet... BUT I LOVE IT, THANK YOU... Ill gona do a german translation...

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by boston on 08-21-2006 at 08:37 PM

i put the refresh thingy to 1 second it said it couldnt and changed to dutch and i cant change it back
is this a bug or me not knowing how to change language

RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by alexp2_ad on 08-21-2006 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by boston
i put the refresh thingy to 1 second it said it couldnt and changed to dutch and i cant change it back
is this a bug or me not knowing how to change language

That's clearly a bug, but the 1 second is too short, you can't update your PSM that often, I believe you can only do it 5 times a minute or something like that.  So set it to 20 seconds, or better, a full minute.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by absorbation on 08-21-2006 at 10:13 PM

I really like this script. You can clearly see a lot of effort and time has gone into it, and it just looks and feels professional :). Good work (Y)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by Biller on 08-21-2006 at 10:13 PM

German Language File:

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by CookieRevised on 08-22-2006 at 12:32 PM

I didn't have had a detailed look at the script, but after an extremely quick glance I saw you use a function called
addslashes(). That function can be done extremely shorter:

code:
//Adds slashes before special characters of regular expressions
function addslashes(str) {
    return str.replace(/(\W)/g,'\\$1')
}

I'm sure other optimizations can be done.... However, as it is now, this is the best countdown for Live I've seen.

----------------

Another thing (rather important) you want to implement (but it will require recoding major parts): If a tag is not used, the value should be incoorperated with the tags that are used.

This means, for example, when you have:
  %d days %h hours %n minutes => 2 days 5 hours 3 minutes
and you leave out the days tag it should become:
  %h hours %n minutes => 53 hours 3 minutes

----------------

Suggestions (mostly GUI related):

- Update interval must be 15 seconds (or even higher) or higher
- The countdown tag is restricted in size, remove that
- Wrong wording in "reset my psm when countdown is activated" ? (=> 'activated' must be 'deactivated').
- The nickname checkbox is too close to the psm checkbox. psm checkbox might need more space too for other translations.
- The menu after the countdown tag combobox is good, but seems a bit strange that it pops up. One could expect it to pop down. (dunno if this is intended or if this is Plus!'s doing)
- Change the wording "countdown tag" to "tag" or "(!CD) tag" (or let it also update to countup when a date in the past is selected)
- Make it possible to use \n (new line) and \t (tab) in translation texts.
- Even if same language is selected and one presses ok or apply, read the file again and apply the new translations (very usefull for translators).
- If an error needs to be shown (eg: the interval is too low) do it in a messagebox, not a toast
- I would change the order of the context menu to:
1) activate
2) refresh
3) -----------
4) options
5) About
6) --------
7) check for updates
in anyways, putting options before check for updates as options is more important and more used (the check for updates isn't needed in the menu though imho, as it is available in the options screen already)

----------------

Also, here is a correction for the Dutch language (some things corrected, other things replaced so it closer matches Plus!'s translation).

And also the English language (also with some stuff fixed as listed above)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by jmccarroll on 08-27-2006 at 01:27 PM

When I exit out of MSN and restart it, my language automatically switches to Dutch.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by Biller on 08-27-2006 at 07:34 PM

yeah, same for me with the german language, which i had translate...

btw. its not included in ur installer yet...

RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by Matti on 08-28-2006 at 04:37 PM

quote:

Oh no! There comes Cookie again! :P
quote:
I didn't have had a detailed look at the script, but after an extremely quick glance I saw you use a function called
addslashes(). That function can be done extremely shorter:

code:
//Adds slashes before special characters of regular expressions
function addslashes(str) {
    return str.replace(/(\W)/g,'\\$1')
}

Hmm... That would replace any non-word characters. I agree it's lots easier, but is it really necessary to replace a "#" character? ^o)
quote:
Another thing (rather important) you want to implement (but it will require recoding major parts): If a tag is not used, the value should be incoorperated with the tags that are used.

That's indeed lots harder, since you don't know what parts should be kept and what should be left out. I could combine "%d" and "%dw" to "%d" which displays "3 days", but I think I better implement those other suggestions you've posted... :P
quote:
- Update interval must be 15 seconds (or even higher) or higher
Here comes another increament of the minimum interval! 8-|
quote:
The problem is: how? I've looked for solutions in the Windows XML Reference in the Scripts Documentation but there are no properties available which let the typing area of the combobox go further than the width of the control. :(
quote:
- Wrong wording in "reset my psm when countdown is activated" ? (=> 'activated' must be 'deactivated').
Damn it! Totally right. :-#
quote:
- The nickname checkbox is too close to the psm checkbox. psm checkbox might need more space too for other translations.
No problem, I move them. Thanks.
quote:
- The menu after the countdown tag combobox is good, but seems a bit strange that it pops up. One could expect it to pop down. (dunno if this is intended or if this is Plus!'s doing)
It's Plus!' fault. :P I wonder how Patchou made the menu in the debugging window to drop down... ^o)
quote:
- Change the wording "countdown tag" to "tag" or "(!CD) tag" (or let it also update to countup when a date in the past is selected)
Hmm... good point, I will keep "tag" then. :)
quote:
\n is already supported, I already thought about adding \t but I wonder why it should be used for... if you can give me just one example, I add it. :P
quote:
- Even if same language is selected and one presses ok or apply, read the file again and apply the new translations (very usefull for translators).
Good idea, thanks! :)
quote:
- If an error needs to be shown (eg: the interval is too low) do it in a messagebox, not a toast
This is changed in build 130, it was in a toast since I was quite n00bish with the Windows API that day. :P
quote:
- I would change the order of the context menu to:
1) activate
2) refresh
3) -----------
4) options
5) About
6) --------
7) check for updates
in anyways, putting options before check for updates as options is more important and more used (the check for updates isn't needed in the menu though imho, as it is available in the options screen already)
Very good idea, I surely will change that.
quote:
Also, here is a correction for the Dutch language (some things corrected, other things replaced so it closer matches Plus!'s translation).

And also the English language (also with some stuff fixed as listed above)
Can I hug you now? That's just an awesome fix! :D

----------

quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
When I exit out of MSN and restart it, my language automatically switches to Dutch.
Hmm... I'll look for that. Thanks for reporting. :)

----------

Prepare for 135 soon! (I hope before 1 September... school... sigh)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by Zeh on 08-28-2006 at 05:06 PM

Ok I love this script. But I would like to do a little change and I need help because It has a really long code. The script blocks users from changing the update interval to less then 10 seconds. What do I have to change to be able to set the minimum update interval to 3 or 5 seconds?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by Matti on 08-28-2006 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zeh
Ok I love this script. But I would like to do a little change and I need help because It has a really long code. The script blocks users from changing the update interval to less then 10 seconds. What do I have to change to be able to set the minimum update interval to 3 or 5 seconds?
It's very unsafe to lower the interval below 6 seconds, since you can change your name/personal message only 10 times per minute. (WLM limitation)
However, if you really want to do this, then look in func.js for
code:
var iMin = 10; //Minimum interval
and change it to the amount of seconds you want to be the minimum.
Don't claim I didn't warn you! :P
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by Zeh on 08-28-2006 at 05:50 PM

Ok thankz. If I set the minimum to 6 seconds then I will only change the psm 10 times in a minute so there should be no problem.

RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by boston on 08-28-2006 at 07:08 PM

quote:
It's very unsafe to lower the interval below 6 seconds, since you can change your name/personal message only 10 times per minute. (WLM limitation)
However, if you really want to do this, then look in func.js for
code:
var iMin = 10; //Minimum interval
and change it to the amount of seconds you want to be the minimum.
Don't claim I didn't warn you! :P

what about nitemares countdown script doesnt that change more than 10seconds a minute
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by NiteMare on 08-28-2006 at 09:20 PM

quote:
what about nitemares countdown script doesnt that change more than 10seconds a minute
out of fairness, i'll answer this question

my script will allow you to change your personal message every second if you want, but there are 2 down sides, that will apper in any script like this:
1. the lower the refreah rate( or what ever mattike calls it in his) the more times your timer gets updated(duh) and the more LOG entries are made
so if you have it set to change every second your chat logs will be FLOODED with changes, and there is no solid way around this at the present time apart from turning off the logs making hte name change, then turning them back on, BUT you could lose messages that way, so its not safe to do

2. if you set it to refreash less then every 6 seconds, it will show on your computer, you can see it count down by the second, but on every other computer, it only updates every 6 seconds

thats for personal message atleast, i don't know about nicknames, i'm still working with that one. i've been busy with my job

bottom line, the lower the change rate, the worse off you are, i recommend 5 to 15 minutes
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by CookieRevised on 08-29-2006 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Hmm... That would replace any non-word characters. I agree it's lots easier, but is it really necessary to replace a "#" character?
It totally doesn't matter if characters are escaped which don't need to be escaped. Better escape characters than forgetting to escape some. The shown regular expression is a typical one used for this purpose (and works also way faster than your code).

quote:
quote:

That's indeed lots harder, since you don't know what parts should be kept and what should be left out.
It is actually dead easy to implement this.

Instead of replacing every %d-like tags the first time, you set a mark that the tag is being used. After processing all the possible tags, you pass the whole string again, but this time replace the tags with the correct number.

1) see what tags are being used
2) calculate the seconds, minutes, hours, etc... as needed (thus if tags are being used)
3) pass the whole string again and replace the tags with the correct seconds, minutes, hours, etc...

quote:
I could combine "%d" and "%dw" to "%d" which displays "3 days", but I think I better implement those other suggestions you've posted... :P
don't combine them, you'll regret it as this makes the code very confusing and unneeded big. the word tags actually don't have any relation to the number tags (except for the check if it needs to be plural or singular). If the user for whatever reason wants to use only the word tags without number tags, that's his problem, your script should just check if the word tags needs to be plural or singular and replace them.

quote:
quote:
The problem is: how? I've looked for solutions in the Windows XML Reference in the Scripts Documentation but there are no properties available which let the typing area of the combobox go further than the width of the control. :(
Are you sure??? If so, that's an important thing which must be changed in the scripting engine then...

quote:
quote:
\n is already supported, I already thought about adding \t but I wonder why it should be used for... if you can give me just one example, I add it. :P
\n isn't supported yet (at least not with the version I used.
\t can be used to visibily make texts look better. The point is that you don't need an example. It is something which can be used.

eg: It is not because in the English translation of Plus! the \t tag isn't used that it shouldn't be supported. As a matter of fact, in the Dutch translation I used the \t quite a lot to format text so it looks way better.

Shouldn't be that hard either to implement since it is only 1 replace line to add.

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
thats for personal message atleast, i don't know about nicknames, i'm still working with that one. i've been busy with my job
With nicknames it is even worse and you will also get a error message when you change it to much...

Also don't forget, everything you do isn't only an annoyance for you in your event log, but waaaaaaay more importantly it is super-annoying for your contacts and you also flood the msn servers.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by black widow on 08-29-2006 at 12:12 PM

I installed countdown live, and i went to plus but how do i use it? Where do i go? I cannot find any options in this countdown like in your screenshots.

RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by alexp2_ad on 08-29-2006 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
2. if you set it to refreash less then every 6 seconds, it will show on your computer, you can see it count down by the second, but on every other computer, it only updates every 6 seconds

But the PSM can be updated more than once every 6 seconds, but only 10 times a minute, so wouldn't doing that in your script show your contacts an update every second (for 10 seconds) and then no update for 50 seconds after that?
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by Zahid™ on 08-29-2006 at 01:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by black widow
I installed countdown live, and i went to plus but how do i use it? Where do i go? I cannot find any options in this countdown like in your screenshots.
In the Contact list click on the plus live icon, go on Countdown Live and click on options.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.130) by black widow on 08-30-2006 at 11:46 AM

it doesn't say coutndown live. I click on plus icoon and then i go to the preferenses and there i see scripts and after i click on it, i see countdown live.

Next to countdown live on the right i see

installing
removing
new
progress

I go to installing and i see "my pictures"
I go to progress and i see many codes not usefull
Igo to new and i can make a new script

This doesn't make any sence so, what do i do now?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.130) by CookieRevised on 08-30-2006 at 12:00 PM

Scripts preferences (if any) are accessed by clicking on the Plus! icon, not on the Plus! menu in the contactlist... This is so for every script.

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
In the Contact list click on the plus live icon, go on Countdown Live and click on options.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.130) by black widow on 08-30-2006 at 02:19 PM

I found it, thanks

RE: RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.126) by CookieRevised on 09-04-2006 at 01:13 AM

quote:
quote:
It's Plus!' fault. :P I wonder how Patchou made the menu in the debugging window to drop down... ^o)
It's not Plus!s fault though; there is a attribute to change that direction:

<Menu Id="MnuTag" VPos="Bottom">

;)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.135) by hshah on 09-17-2006 at 05:31 PM

I just noticed one thing with this:

Under the syntax information it says that minutes and the minutes tag are %m and %mw but in fact they are %n and %nw

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.135) by minipatchou on 09-17-2006 at 05:42 PM

ive got a bug
i set a timer then it changes to dutch...
this is a bug
this needs fixing

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.135) by boston on 09-17-2006 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by minipatchou
ive got a bug
this is a bug
this needs fixing
i dont think it can be fixed

RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.135) by Chris4 on 09-17-2006 at 07:17 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by minipatchou
ive got a bug
this is a bug
this needs fixing
i dont think it can be fixed

Why do you 'think' it can't be fixed?
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.135) by boston on 09-17-2006 at 07:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Why do you 'think' it can't be fixed?
well no-one has took action
and also ive tried modifing the script no use
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.135) by MoonGoose on 10-18-2006 at 07:03 PM

I've translated this script into Norwegian (norsk) and here is the.ini-file.

need a little help with "Countdown Live" by Dienekes on 01-16-2007 at 11:46 PM

Hi!

I really like the idea with this script but there is a thing i want to know; Is there a way to change the "and" word in the countdown? I'm trying to change it through the codes for hours now but i just couldn't (the reason is my "perfect(!)" code knowledge i think :) ) . I just want the script to countdown in my language completely, not like 8 blabla and 7 blabla, but like 8 blabla bla 7 blabla :D

Thanks!

RE: need a little help with "Countdown Live" by CookieRevised on 01-17-2007 at 07:07 AM

You don't need to alter code at all...
So first reinstall the script so changes are undone.

Just go to the script's preferences (Plus! icon > Countdown Live > Preferences) and change the string which makes up the countdown tag:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=779153]

;)

PS: if you have questions about a script, always search the forum for existing threads about that script and post in that existing thread. Don't create a new thread for it... in this case: "[Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140)"

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by hubbie on 01-31-2007 at 11:22 AM

I seem to have a strange kind of bug...

Whan i choose the date 9 feb 2007 and click OK the time jumps to 9 march 2007 :o

Removed the script and installed it again!

The same behaviour... 8o|

Annyone else?

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.01.0178
Messenger Plus! Live 4.11.0.254
Countdown Live 1.0.140

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by P4R4D0x on 10-10-2007 at 02:06 PM

How does the singulars and plurals work?
Does it just change the matching text found in the 'tag' field?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by Matti on 10-10-2007 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hubbie

Whan i choose the date 9 feb 2007 and click OK the time jumps to 9 march 2007 :o

Annyone else?

Countdown Live 1.0.140
Very strange, I remember having trouble with the dates but I can't seem to replicate this on my Vista. It's been more than a year I worked on this script, and it's not easy to work on multiple projects at once. I can't test this anymore in XP because all PCs at home are upgraded to Vista, so I can't help you at the moment. When I find some time, I'll try to look at it.

quote:
Originally posted by P4R4D0x
For example, for days, the script looks for %dw in the tag field and then checks the amount of days. If it's 1, it uses the singular, if it's something else (not 1), it uses the plural. That means it can give you "1 day", "0 days" or "3 days", just like it should be. ;)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by P4R4D0x on 10-14-2007 at 11:59 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hubbie

Annyone else?

Countdown Live 1.0.140
Very strange, I remember having trouble with the dates but I can't seem to replicate this on my Vista. It's been more than a year I worked on this script, and it's not easy to work on multiple projects at once. I can't test this anymore in XP because all PCs at home are upgraded to Vista, so I can't help you at the moment. When I find some time, I'll try to look at it.

quote:
For example, for days, the script looks for %dw in the tag field and then checks the amount of days. If it's 1, it uses the singular, if it's something else (not 1), it uses the plural. That means it can give you "1 day", "0 days" or "3 days", just like it should be. ;)
Yer, I know what that all means, but what i'm asking is, is all I have to do is put days in the tag field for that to funstion correctly?
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by Vilkku on 12-31-2007 at 04:16 PM

Very good script, but it really needs an option to disable the annoying toast saying that the countdown/countup is activated/deactivated.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by Matti on 12-31-2007 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Yer, I know what that all means, but what i'm asking is, is all I have to do is put days in the tag field for that to funstion correctly?
You simply have to place %dw in the tag to make the right unit appear. E.g.:
code:
%d %dw to go...
can give you:
quote:
5 days to go...
1 day to go...
0 days to go...
depending on the day value. The position of the %d and %dw doesn't matter, in fact, you don't even have to use both. But that wouldn't make much sense...
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Very good script, but it really needs an option to disable the annoying toast saying that the countdown/countup is activated/deactivated.
Yes, there you have a good point. I can assure you that there won't be any annoying toasts anymore in the upcoming version. :)

And with that being said, I'll give you a new year present. No, not the new Countdown Live, unfortunately. We're still testing that thing. However, I shall already tell you what you can expect in this new release.

The following features will be included in the next version of Countdown Live, version 2.0:
  • A brand new design - Designs are very temporarily. When you design something cool, you may find it boring only a month later. Therefore, I found I had to redesign this script too. No teasers at the moment, that's for the official release which I hope I can get done by the end of this week.
  • Improved countdown system - Honestly, I never liked my own countdown calculating system. There were simply so many flaws with it, such as wrong dates or negative values. Also, it sometimes simply failed to place the countdown in the right spot. I've spent the last month to find ways to improve the system, and I think the result is great. A lot of credit goes to my testers, who helped me to find problems and reported them to me. There are still things I might want to change, but thanks to my script updater system I can fix that later too. :P
  • Countdown preview - You'll be able to see exactly how your countdowns will look in your name, personal message and media message right in the Preferences window. This was already a feature in the last version, but I can assure you that what you'll see is far cooler than what the current version has now! ;)
  • Multiple countdowns - Sometimes, you want to have a countdown to two dates, such as Christmas and new year, at the same time. In Countdown Live 2, you will be able to do just that!
  • Upgrade support - Although you'll only have to use this feature once, it may just save you 2 minutes configuring your settings. Countdown Live 2 will attempt to port your preferences from version 1 to version 2 and will make the necessary adjustments to them. It's recommended that you take a look at the preferences when you install the new version, since a lot of new features will still need to be configured.
  • Actions on countdown end - One thing that users should take in account is that there'll be two tags for each countdown. One will be used for counting down, the other one for counting up. This is because you will be able to choose whether to set a finish message, such as "Happy new year!", at countdown end or to start counting up with another tag. This may sound confusing, but the layout will make sure that everything is understandable. And you always have your preview to make sure everything is working properly! ;)
  • ...and much more! - Countdown Live 2 was built from scratch. Everything has been revised and better ways of coding things have been used to make the upcoming release as fast and reliable as possible. Some interesting new features were added, but I don't want to let you know everything just yet because that would spoil the fun of the release I guess.
There you go, I hope I've mentioned the most important part of the upcoming features. Beta testing is nearing its end, and then it'll be up to my team of translators to get some translations done for the first release. This will allow users to find their language right at the installation. And then, when that's done, you can expect the final release VERY soon! ;) (maybe I'll update the site too... one day.)
RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by CookieRevised on 12-31-2007 at 05:15 PM

quote:
quote:
Yes, there you have a good point. I can assure you that there won't be any annoying toasts anymore in the upcoming version. :)
Please do not remove it!

Make it into an option if you wish, but don't remove it. I don't find such a toast which only pops up when you actually activate/deactive it not annoying at all. It even informs me if everything went ok or not (especially on start up).

If it is annoying, Vilkku, don't hit the activate/deactivate button each second then :p (j/k)....
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by Vilkku on 01-01-2008 at 12:29 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Please do not remove it!

Make it into an option if you wish, but don't remove it. I don't find such a toast which only pops up when you actually activate/deactive it not annoying at all. It even informs me if everything went ok or not (especially on start up).

If it is annoying, Vilkku, don't hit the activate/deactivate button each second then :p (j/k)....
@Cookie: My countdown spans one year, so each time I log in or out I see the toast :P
@Mattike: Yay, but yeah keep it as an option ;)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by Matti on 01-01-2008 at 08:34 AM

Hmm, okay then. On public request, I'll try to find a spot in my preferences window for this option. :)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.140) by Chancer on 02-01-2008 at 01:28 AM

Hey guys...I'm having trouble with this script.

I want to set a countdown do Feb 7th. So I type 02/07/2008. But when I click Apply, the date changes to 03/07/2008. No matter what day in February I chose, the month will be changed to March!

I also noticed it happens with other months, such as April, June, September and November.

I'm using the last version and Windows Vista.

Duuuude...it's very weird.
Today it's working. So I decide to make a test:
I changed the Windows date to yesterday (01/31) and tried to set the countdown to the same day I wanted (02/07). And it didn't work!
However, with the Windows date set to 02/01 it works!

Veeery weird.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.141) by Matti on 03-03-2008 at 08:33 PM

Quick hot-fix for the update checker, please check the first post. Update will be available soon, when the Scripts DB has received the update.

The update checker isn't working at the moment, and no bugs were fixed yet. If possible, install this version as soon as possible and then, keep your fingers crossed to make Countdown Live 2 being released soon, since the current version is quite screwed. :(

I'm in some deep shit at the moment, I'll try to explain later. Please, scripts DB, quickly upload this update for me! :)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 1.0.141) by alision_lam on 03-29-2008 at 07:29 PM

Hi everyone.....
I just found that it counts wrongly.....
When I choose Jan 31 2007 it says 423 days, but when I choose Feb 1 2007 it says 394 days.....so it's counting less for my anniversary on Feb 3.....
Hope to have it fixed soon, thanks!

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Matti on 04-01-2008 at 05:06 PM

Countdown Live 2.0 has arrived!!! :D

Check out the first post!

EDIT: "download.php" had a bug which prevented you all from downloading it - fixed now. :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Jay29 on 04-02-2008 at 02:23 AM

I was prompted to update a few days ago, and the version had a bug in it. Couldn't select any of the tabs in the preferences window. All fixed now with your new release.

On a sidenote, when updating, the old variable (!CD) remains in the countdown if one is running. Perhaps update that by default to (!CD1) so that countdowns aren't screwed up?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Matti on 04-02-2008 at 07:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jay29
I was prompted to update a few days ago, and the version had a bug in it. Couldn't select any of the tabs in the preferences window. All fixed now with your new release.
Yes, a contact notified me of this. It only occurred on Plus! Live versions before 4.60, that's why I didn't spot it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jay29
On a sidenote, when updating, the old variable (!CD) remains in the countdown if one is running. Perhaps update that by default to (!CD1) so that countdowns aren't screwed up?
Thank you for reporting this! It seems that this only occurs for the personal message or media message, the nickname is converted correctly. I did implement code for the conversion, but I forgot to add code so it's actually executed. This will be included in the next version. :)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by NanaFreak on 04-02-2008 at 07:57 AM

* NanaFreak sexes the hottness!

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Eddie on 04-02-2008 at 08:25 AM

Absolutely loving the layout of it Mattike, yet to go through it completely but it is really nice, great job :)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by kostakiss on 04-03-2008 at 11:39 AM

hi,I've just downloaded the new version..the previous was working great..the new one..doesn't work! why??
i reinstalled it ..deactivated-activated..but nothing..

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Matti on 04-03-2008 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kostakiss
hi,I've just downloaded the new version..the previous was working great..the new one..doesn't work! why??
i reinstalled it ..deactivated-activated..but nothing..
Could you be a little bit more specific? What exactly isn't functioning: the preferences window, a certain feature, the installation of the script itself, or something else?

Here are some things which might help me finding the problem when you specify them:
  • In a conversation window, send (!VER) to a contact (a bot or someone who doesn't care). The message which is then sent should contain your Windows version, Messenger version and Plus! version. This information may help when it's a version-specific issue.
  • If possible, some debugging information of Countdown Live can help a lot, as it can contain describing information of the problem.
    To do this, you first need to enable script debugging in Plus! Live. Open the Plus! script preferences (Plus! Scripts Menu > Script Preferences), then make sure the option "Enable debugging options" is checked and click OK.
    Then, you can open the script debugger (Plus! Scripts Menu > Show Script Debugging). Select "Countdown Live" from the list, try to simulate the problem (for example, opening the window or installing the script) and see if anything appears in the text box below. Then, copy-paste that in your reply.
  • If you can, attach a screenshot of your problem.
    Open the window with the problem (the error box, the preferences window,...) then press Alt+PrintScreen (or Alt+PrtScrn depending on your keyboard). Open Paint (or any other graphics editor) and paste (Ctrl+V) the image. Save it and attach it to your reply by using the "Attachment" field in the "Post Reply" form.
Start by simply describing your problem! As a script developer, I can't do anything with a reply saying that it doesn't work. What's it? How can I know what is wrong when you don't say what's happening at your side? How can I find a solution when I don't know the problem?

Please, reply and clarify what's the problem. :)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by riahc4 on 05-07-2008 at 11:16 PM

How exactly do I add the counter to my current nickname? I dont see my current nickname in a textbox anywhere.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by CookieRevised on 05-08-2008 at 08:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
How exactly do I add the counter to my current nickname? I dont see my current nickname in a textbox anywhere.
???

Second tab in the preferences... its pretty clear imho...

Or simply insert the needed countdown tag in your nickname or PSM yourself.
Its also well explained on the official website of this script.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Matti on 05-08-2008 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
It would have no use to load your current nickname in a text box, as you'll probably want a different nickname when you're adding a countdown in it. :P

As Cookie already explained, it's in the Places tab.
  1. Check the button next to "Nickname".
  2. Type your desired nickname.
  3. Insert the countdowns, either by typing the (!CD1) or (!CD2) tag or using the drop-down button.
  4. Make sure that the countdowns are enabled (look at the preview!), if not, enable them from the Settings tab.
  5. Click OK or Apply. :)
Do you really want me to write step-by-step tutorials about how to do this or what? I've been using scripts which were lots more complicated to use! But if you have a suggestion to improve the script usability, feel free to share it. ;)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by riahc4 on 05-14-2008 at 09:04 PM

Well this doesnt work very well...

I set the counter to July 4th at 0:00:00 and it says there are 19 days left (from May 14th)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Matti on 05-15-2008 at 04:30 PM

Well, the fact that it says "19 days" is caused because it calculates the months too. If you add the amount of months in, you'll see "1 month and 19 days", which is (almost?) correct.

To solve your problem, you can use the total amount of days remaining, by using the "%td" and "%tdw" units. They can also be found in the insert menu button. In the next version, I'm going to extend that functionality a bit more, in case you want to display years and days but no months for example. As for now, the "%td" unit will do just fine. :)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by CookieRevised on 05-15-2008 at 04:59 PM

Although it is correct, I don't know who wants to use only one of the normal (non-total) %d, %m, etc tags on their own, that makes no sense.

Isn't it 'smarter' that the script actually reconizes in an inteligent way what combination of tags are being used and thus how it needs to calculate the tags (like it is done in my countdown plugin/script)?

eg: If you only use months and days, it will display 1 month 19 days. But if you would use only the days tag it would display 49 days (or whatever the correct amount would be for that period).

A lot less confusing in that way, you keep the versatility of the script and people can still use whatever they want... And the calculation of the tags can be made a lot shorter and smarter, which equals a lot faster. And if you'd whish you could include a lot more time tags without any problems. Eg: the fact that you say in the next version you're going to include the possebility to use years and days together suggests that the calculation is quite complicated now and not versatile/robust or easly extendible. With the system I prupose you wouldn't even consider "adding more combinations" since every possible combination you can think of would already be possible just like that. It would even make it possible to treat months and years like scientific or fiscale months and years without problems. Didn't I send you the source of my Countdown plugin/script once?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Matti on 05-15-2008 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Eg: the fact that you say in the next version you're going to include the possebility to use years and days together suggests that the calculation is quite complicated now and not versatile/robust or easly extendible. With the system I prupose you wouldn't even consider "adding more combinations" since every possible combination you can think of would already be possible just like that.
It's not that the combination is causing a problem, it's the fact that you want to leave out a unit. :P

I understand that currently, it's a search-and-replace function which doesn't really detect what you're using. I could give it a try, but I think I should then make it an option which is turned on by default and can be disabled. But it will make it all damn complicated to implement on the current system, and I don't want to do a complete rewrite-from-scratch again yet. :P
quote:
Didn't I send you the source of my Countdown plugin/script once?
No, you didn't. :P
If you could send it over to me, that'd be great to learn something new and re-implement your ingenious thinking work. :)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Nagamasa on 06-03-2008 at 02:45 AM

Hey Mattike nice script! I've used CD L before, but then I reinstalled it couple days back and I must say, the interface is definitely more user-friendly.

One suggestion though, not directly at your script, but all countdown scripts, is to be able to select to in/exclude Saturdays and/or Sundays. For example...to countdown school-related topics (i.e., exams), it would make sense to count the classes left (imo)(Mon-Fri), and for employees, maybe Mon.-Sat..

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.0.008) by Matti on 06-03-2008 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Hey Mattike nice script! I've used CD L before, but then I reinstalled it couple days back and I must say, the interface is definitely more user-friendly.
Thank you! I'm happy that you like it. :)
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
One suggestion though, not directly at your script, but all countdown scripts, is to be able to select to in/exclude Saturdays and/or Sundays. For example...to countdown school-related topics (i.e., exams), it would make sense to count the classes left (imo)(Mon-Fri), and for employees, maybe Mon.-Sat..
I see what you mean, and I agree that it's an interesting idea. (Especially since I'm also having exams myself soon!)

I might want to give it a try someday, although I have no idea where I'm going to categorize this in the preferences panel. A new tab? A new button? I guess I'm going to have to make the window higher in order to keep extensibility. I'll see if I can implement it during the current BETA session, otherwise it'll be on my to-do list for version 2.2 or something. ;)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by Matti on 07-14-2008 at 08:52 AM

:D Countdown Live 2.1 is released! :D
Check out the first post!

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by Basilis on 07-14-2008 at 12:55 PM

Congratulations for the release Matti. The new features make this script even better. ;)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by SmokingCookie on 07-14-2008 at 07:25 PM

BUG!!

Concerning CDL 2.1.014:

When importing preferences from this new version, I get to see that the XML file's prefs are "out of range".

I figured out that "Globals.js"'s line should be:

var PrefVersionRange = ["2.1.009", "2.1.014"];

EDIT:: A bug in one of Matti's scripts :| :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by Matti on 07-15-2008 at 07:49 AM

I know that it's not possible to directly import v2.0 preferences to v2.1, but it seems that because I forgot to update that last number, you can't even import from the latest v2.1 to the same version. Damn it, I underestimated the severity of this, I thought only beta testers would notice.

I'll add this in the next version, which will likely be released soon. I'll first wait in case more bugs are found. Anyway, thanks for reporting! :)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by SmokingCookie on 07-15-2008 at 10:37 AM

Hehe, if beta testers don't notice, I usually have a look at the code myself :P

And I'll be 'bugscanning' for a while :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by Matti on 07-15-2008 at 12:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Hehe, if beta testers don't notice, I usually have a look at the code myself :P
I checked the code, but I seem to forgot to change this while changing the version numbers from the last beta (2.1.012) to the public version number (2.1.014). Maybe I should write some kind of macro to do this automatically everywhere I need to change the version number. Anyone knows how to do this in Notepad++? (that is: find and replace something in multiple files with a parameter you specify)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by SmokingCookie on 07-15-2008 at 12:46 PM

quote:
I checked the code, but I seem to forgot to change this while changing the version numbers from the last beta (2.1.012) to the public version number (2.1.014).

Yeah, I said that in my original post..

quote:
Maybe I should write some kind of macro to do this automatically everywhere I need to change the version number. Anyone knows how to do this in Notepad++? (that is: find and replace something in multiple files with a parameter you specify)

No, but perhaps you can use some XML thingy:

Create an XML (e.g. MsgPlus.ScriptFilesPath\ScriptInfo\Script.xml).

You should do something like this:

code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Unicode"?> <!-- Save as Unicode in notepad -->
<PrefRanges>
      <PrefRange Minimum="2.1.012" Maximum="2.1.014" />
</PrefRanges>

Now, you can get the ranges:

code:

function OnEvent_Initialize(MessengerStart) {
      getScriptInfo(MsgPlus.ScriptFilesPath + "\\ScriptInfo\\Script.xml");
      (additional code)
}

var PrefVersionRange;

function getScriptInfo(XMLFile) {
     F = objDOM.load(XMLFile); // true if loaded, false if not loaded
     if(F) {
          D = objDOM.selectSingleNode("//PrefRange");
          PrefRangeMin = D.getAttribute("Minimum");
          PrefRangeMax = D.getAttribute("Maximum");
          PrefVersionRange = [PrefRangeMin,PrefRangeMax];
          return true;
     } else {
          Debug.Trace(objDOM.parseError.reason);
          return "";
     }
}

I use the DOM object to get script information and update the ScriptInfo.xml automatically (I always forget the ScriptInfo.xml :P )
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by Matti on 07-15-2008 at 01:46 PM

Well, that could be a solution indeed. I'll see what I do with it, thanks anyway! ;)

Countdown Live 2.1.015 is now released!

This should fix the problem. :P
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by SmokingCookie on 07-15-2008 at 06:25 PM

Uhh.. I'm afraid I have another bug.. Screenshot on its way..

Screenshot:

[Image: screenus7.th.jpg]

And I have MsgPlus 4.60.326 by the way.

EDIT::

Perhaps you could use something like this:

JScript code:
function getPlusVersion(sMinVer) {
      if(MsgPlus.Version < sMinVer) {
            return false;
      }
      return true;
}

function getPlusBuild(sMinBld) {
      if(MsgPlus.VersionBuild < sMinBld) {
            return false;
      }
      return true;
}

function OnEvent_Initialize(MessengerStart) {
      if(!getPlusVersion(MinimumVersion) {
            [What to do if MsgPlus.Version < MinumumVersion] // Versions greater than MinimumVersion should work
      }
      if(!getPlusBuild(MinimumBuild)) {
            [What you want to do if MsgPlus.VersionBuild < MinimumBuild] // Builds greater than MinimumBuild should work
      }
      [Whatever you want to do here]
}

But in fact, I would only look at MsgPlus.Version...
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by Matti on 07-16-2008 at 06:05 PM

Aah, damn it! I put "greater than" where I had to put "greater than or equal to"! :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by SmokingCookie on 07-16-2008 at 06:09 PM

That's gonna be another update? :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.014) by Matti on 07-16-2008 at 06:19 PM

quote:
That's gonna be another update? :P
Unfortunately, yes. :P
Countdown Live 2.1.016 is now released!

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 07-16-2008 at 07:34 PM

Yup, got it.

No errors due to my MsgPlus version and importing prefs works :D :P

Perhaps you should reduce the update interval to 6 hrs :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 07-17-2008 at 08:02 AM

quote:
Perhaps you should reduce the update interval to 6 hrs :P
Nah, I don't want to overload my dad's web server too much. Besides, you can always force an update check through the scripts menu or directly from the Preferences window. ;)

Anyway, I'm glad it's working now. :P
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 07-17-2008 at 08:11 AM

Hmm.. Perhaps you can make an XML on Google Pages, I use it too (see the link in my sig) and it works perfectly :D

That will allow you to check every 6 hrs, instead of 24 (which means I would have had to struggle on with that stupid error today)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 07-17-2008 at 09:00 AM

Blah, whatever.

The time span between the last two updates was exceptionally small, compared to previous releases. If a user wanted to update the script, he/she could easily find it with a forced check for updates through the scripts menu. The 24-hour delay is just so people don't get too many update notifiers. Lowering the delay to 6 hours may sound OK, but I think it's just a waste, as the server would get 4 times the amount of requests. It's not that the server wouldn't be able to handle it, it's just that I don't want to be the biggest bandwidth waster of the server. And yes, an external hosting may work, but I more like to keep things organised at one place.

I just don't feel the need of doing that, the current system works well enough and I don't see why I should change that.

...I think it'll only give me more headaches. :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 07-17-2008 at 09:13 AM

Okay, I see your point :P

I'll stop jabbering about the update system now, promise (unless it contains a bug :P )

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Albator V on 07-17-2008 at 11:31 AM

Hi

I'm french and i use your wonderfull script but i'm affraid about french translation... there are many many orthography/grammar mistakes.

Do you want a clean french translation ?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 07-17-2008 at 02:33 PM

@ Albator V:
Well, as I'm unable to do quality-testing of the actual translations, such things may occur. The only translations that I can really guarantee a certain quality level are the English and Dutch translations, which are provided by myself.

I'd love it if you could correct the French translation. If you're interested, send me a personal message and we'll talk about it on Messenger. ;)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by warmth on 07-21-2008 at 04:54 AM

This error is getting very annoying!!! Spanish language...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=918126]

Note: Why does it say Log Manager??? (is an ironic question :P)

quote:
Originally posted by Script Debug Window
> Start loading preferences
  Checking language version
!!! Error: Language version doesn't match script version

Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.60.0.326
Skin: Windows Aero Messenger 2.0.1
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 07-21-2008 at 09:16 AM

It appears that you are using an outdated verson of the translation file. You will have to wait for a new version of the Spanish translation (not from me: I don't speak a single word Spanish :P ), or translate it yourself (which will take time).

And about your note: that's an error in the translation file, I'll have a look myself if other langages have the same error.

That's an error in on of the script files and one of the many Copy-paste frustrations.

That's why I use a dynamic system to get the script's name :P

@ Matti:

Check line 82 of Language.js.

Looks like you're going to need another update :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by warmth on 07-21-2008 at 01:52 PM

I can help with translation... just contact me Matti ;)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 07-22-2008 at 08:11 AM

Check this translation script on Matti's site..

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by brwarner on 07-22-2008 at 08:43 PM

Hey, I've been looking for an option but could never find it, assuming it exists. I have a countdown counting to a certain date (July 29th, Stargate Continuum :) ) but due to the fact that I set the timer to the beginning of the day ( around 8:00am ) the days are one less because it counts the rest in hours, however; my countdown doesn't use hours and as a result on the last day before the 29th - my counter will say 0 days remain. I there anyway to activate rounding up?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 07-22-2008 at 08:48 PM

http://matti.buelens.com/cdl/index.php?p=feat#feat-prefs-tags

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by brwarner on 07-22-2008 at 08:57 PM

I see what you pointed out, unit skipping - however; that seems to work in downward skipping:
1 day 2 hours -> 26 hours

But not upward skipping:
1 day 22 hours -> 1 day

As you can see it doesn't round the hours into days which I want, only the other way around

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 07-22-2008 at 09:04 PM

First of all: the 2nd case is wrong, because:

1 day = 24 hrs.
24 / 2 = 12 and 22 > 12 so it should be 2 days
(since 12 / 24 = 0.5 so it must be rounded up. 0.5 or anything above becomes 1.0)

Then..

Hmm you're makingthings complicated.. I think there's not yet such a feature in CDL, but it's certainly a good idea.. It's time Matti gets to read his email again...

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by brwarner on 07-22-2008 at 09:06 PM

Well in the above example I was referring to if the user wanted to exclude days from the message, so it only showed hours - it turns days -> hours.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 07-22-2008 at 09:15 PM

You mean show "42 hrs. left"?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by CookieRevised on 07-22-2008 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brwarner
Hey, I've been looking for an option but could never find it, assuming it exists. I have a countdown counting to a certain date (July 29th, Stargate Continuum :) ) but due to the fact that I set the timer to the beginning of the day ( around 8:00am ) the days are one less because it counts the rest in hours, however; my countdown doesn't use hours and as a result on the last day before the 29th - my counter will say 0 days remain. I there anyway to activate rounding up?
So when it is 7am your countdown will still say "1 day"?.... I find that far less logical than "0 days" though.

Also, 'unit skipping' doesnt work the way you explained or think it works. It isn't used for roudning down/up things. It is used to convert big untis into smaller units. Like your "1 day 22 hours -> 26 hours" example. That isn't rounding up, that is simply adding the 24 hours of the day to the hours unit.

However, what you can do is simply make another timer the day before, counting in only hours....

Or use unit grouping (thus putting the days between "{d:" and "}") so that "0 days" wont be shown anymore when there are less than 24 hours left.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by brwarner on 07-22-2008 at 09:24 PM

Well for example here's my options:

%d %dw = 6 days <- THis is what I have set
%d %dw %h %hw = 6 days 14 hours <- What it would look like with hours enabled

The hours do not round into the days, hence my message implies there are 6 days left till release (July 28) when really its on the 29th

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by CookieRevised on 07-22-2008 at 09:31 PM

As I said, this would result in showing your countdown as "1 day left" when there is only 1 hour left! This is far more wrong than what you would have now ("0 days left").

The best thing you can do is to make another countdown 1 day before the event, showing everything in just hours.

Because what you suggest to do is realy realy realy wrong ;) Imagine if I would use only years in the countdown? It would show "1 year left" when my event is just 5 minutes away for example....

---

PS: since you only want to display the amount of days, why don't you set the target date a day later then it realy is? In that way you have exactly what you want (showing "1 day left" at 7am at the 29th). You could even add the word "less than" to make it slightly a bit more accurate ("less than 1 day left" at 7am, the 29th).

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by brwarner on 07-22-2008 at 09:41 PM

Good point, I just added hours to the timer and used the braces for days.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 08-05-2008 at 07:33 AM

Errr.. I've found a small error in Dutch.xml (OK, rather detail, but still an error :P ):

In Error "DownLangsVersion", the word "wou" is slang (or: "spreektaal"), I think it should be "wilde"? :P

And the title of "TagsDeleteFailed" is still English :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 08-05-2008 at 04:38 PM

quote:
In Error "DownLangsVersion", the word "wou" is slang (or: "spreektaal"), I think it should be "wilde"? :P
According to this page on taaladvies.net, "wou" is less used in writing language then "wilde" but therefore not incorrect. In my opinion, "wou" sounds better than "wilde", so I cba to change the translation just for that. If you prefer to use "wilde", who am I to stop you from modifying the translation and change every "wou" into "wilde"? :P
quote:
And the title of "TagsDeleteFailed" is still English :P
Is it? I think I'll have to take a look at that. But the internet is so slow here at our hotel in Madeira... I can't even connect to my own web server!
But if I manage to get onto my server, I'll update the Dutch translation. ;)

EDIT: Okay, this sucks. It seems that I forgot the password for the root account on the FTP server, which I need because the account on the subdomain only can't upload files properly anymore. Because of this, I am not able to upload the updated Dutch translation to the FTP folder with the language files for the languages downloader.
SmokingCookie: Give me a reminder when I get back home to upload the fixed translation please! :)
RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by CookieRevised on 08-05-2008 at 09:23 PM

quote:
quote:
According to this page on taaladvies.net, "wou" is less used in writing language then "wilde" but therefore not incorrect. In my opinion, "wou" sounds better than "wilde", so I cba to change the translation just for that. If you prefer to use "wilde", who am I to stop you from modifying the translation and change every "wou" into "wilde"? :P
Correct, but that is also the thing which is wrong :p You shouldn't use "speaking" language for things like that but "writing/reading" language; "wilde" is in this context the most correct form. ;)

"Wou" also comes from an old, less used, verb, while "wilde" is far more modern language.

* CookieRevised gives SmokingCookie some faster tubez (only to be used in hotel) and a reminder ticket...

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 08-06-2008 at 06:50 AM

Languages.. My stronger part (let's not talk about Maths :P ).

Oh and thanks for the faster tubez and the reminder ticket ;) :P

@Matti:

Uhh.. I'll try :P

But with CookieRevised's remider ticket, it'll be okay :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 08-07-2008 at 09:48 AM

Good news! After some trial and error, I managed to remember the root user name and password again! :D
The updated Dutch translation is uploaded, you can find it in the Download Languages window. It has also the "wou" changed into "wilde" (there was only one occurrence, so I decided to change it after all).

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by warmth on 08-07-2008 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Good news! After some trial and error, I managed to remember the root user name and password again! :D
The updated Dutch translation is uploaded, you can find it in the Download Languages window. It has also the "wou" changed into "wilde" (there was only one occurrence, so I decided to change it after all).
How about the other bugs :(???
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Eddie on 08-09-2008 at 07:27 AM

When you select the option to be able to put (!CD1) into your name and for it to work there is a bug...

It works originally, like i entered..
EDDiE :) (!CD1) (H)

But then after the countdown refreshes, it becomes
EDDiE :) (!CD1) and erases anything placed after the countdown.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 08-09-2008 at 08:10 AM

Perhaps CDL doesn't store your nickname after the countdown tag?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 08-09-2008 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
You mean the thing where it says "Log Manager"? That's a hard-coded error message in the language script file which I appear to have copy-pasted from Log Manager. I'll try to remember it when I get back home on Monday...
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
When you select the option to be able to put (!CD1) into your name and for it to work there is a bug...

Hmm, that's something odd. I'll have a look at it when I get back. Although, please keep in mind that this feature is experimental, and not tested in all possible cases, so these things can happen. But it's good when you report them: then I can fix those features and eventually take them out from the experimental section. :)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by warmth on 08-09-2008 at 06:53 PM

quote:
quote:
You mean the thing where it says "Log Manager"? That's a hard-coded error message in the language script file which I appear to have copy-pasted from Log Manager. I'll try to remember it when I get back home on Monday...
Remember to repair the translation tool too... :(
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Eddie on 08-10-2008 at 09:22 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie

Hmm, that's something odd. I'll have a look at it when I get back. Although, please keep in mind that this feature is experimental, and not tested in all possible cases, so these things can happen. But it's good when you report them: then I can fix those features and eventually take them out from the experimental section. :)
Apologies, i didn't actually realise that this was an experimental feature :/ Not sure how i missed that but yeah, its a very nice feature and hope you get it to work successfully soon! :)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 08-10-2008 at 04:32 PM

NOTE: Since the new Messenger Plus! Live version was released (v4.70), you might get update notifications from Plus! itself to install Countdown Live 2.1.015 while you already have 2.1.016 installed. This is because I currently can't provide an update for the scripts database, please ignore this update warning. I will release an updated version soon after I get back in Belgium.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Phazeus on 08-10-2008 at 04:56 PM

A slight problem here:

Using 2.1.016 version of Countdown Live

I have a countdown set for Thursday 09/04/2008, and the tag format is {td:{y: %y %yw}{m: %m %mw} %d %dw},{ts:{h: %h %hw}{n: %n %nw} %s %sw}. However, the Countdown currently reads as "1 month 23 days, 23 hours 6 minutes 24 seconds" which would be inaccurate as 4th Sept is less than a month away. However, after some testing, I found out that setting the countdown to 10/04/2008 with the same tag would read fine with 1 month 22 days. Would anyone care to enlighten me if there is anything wrong with the tag I am using, or is it a bug?

Thanks!

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by CookieRevised on 08-11-2008 at 04:34 AM

quote:
NOTE: Since the new Messenger Plus! Live version was released (v4.70), you might get update notifications from Plus! itself to install Countdown Live 2.1.015 while you already have 2.1.016 installed. This is because I currently can't provide an update for the scripts database, please ignore this update warning. I will release an updated version soon after I get back in Belgium.
This situation is exactly why the new tags exist. You can perfectly provide higher (beta) versions on the forum than what is listed in the database.

The only thing you need to do is add the proper tags to your ScriptInfo.xml file of the version on your private site.

So, if you add the following tags to the beta script, people will not get an update message since the <buildnumber> tag is higher than the one listed in the DB (well, there is no buildnumber tag in the script on the DB yet, so it will be ignored for auto-updating):

<UpdateID>MA_CDL</UpdateID>
<BuildNumber>21016</BuildNumber>

Increase <buildnumber> with each new version you make (including beta versions!)... Once you find that the beta can be made public, you simply send it to the DB (again with a higher <buildnumber> of course).

Note, the value I used here for <UpdateID> can be choosen by you. It must be an unique value for this script. No other script may exist with that same value. I simply used MA_CDL comming from Mattike, CountDown Live. Once you've choosen this id and have send your script to the DB, it can not be changed anymore.

Read all about the new tags here.

You _must_ update either the file on the DB with these new tags, or the file on your personal site. Otherwise, the auto-update download will be disabled for your script.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by SmokingCookie on 08-11-2008 at 07:29 AM

@CookieRevised:

<UpdateID>MACDL</UpdateID>..

The ID should be 6-8 chars long (yours is 5) :P

MACDL0 or something should make do.

And your sig is outdated (MsgPlus 4.60 or 4.70? :P )

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by CookieRevised on 08-11-2008 at 07:34 AM

quote:
@CookieRevised:

<UpdateID>MACDL</UpdateID>..

The ID should be 6-8 chars long (yours is 5) :P

MACDL0 or something should make do.
gah... stupid restrictions......

fixed in post, thx
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 08-12-2008 at 10:11 AM

Goooooooooooood morning Vietnam Plus! Live community! :D

Here I am, back from my headquarters in Belgium. Finally I have my superduber internet connection back and my latest script files, so I'm ready to work on a new version of Countdown Live. :)

I already got rid of the complete script updater of Countdown Live itself (no worries, I still have a backup) and I implemented the necessary XML elements to the ScriptInfo file. I opted for the update ID "MaBuCDL", from Mattias Buelens' Countdown Live. This way, I have a more unique author identifier and still have 4 characters for the script's name. ;) The only thing I don't like is that the build number can't have that many digits (only 5). It would have been more interesting to have more (7 or 8) because now it's already filled up with "21016", so I can't go for a 2.10 release or a 12.0 version. Although these are extreme cases (I don't think I'm going to wait 9 more minor versions to release 3.0), but they aren't impossible. So I think that it should be extended... although I personally won't need it that soon.

The translation file has been changed a little bit, but nothing has to be re-translated. Only structural changes have been made (2 things moved, some more were removed), so every translation can be ported by running the new conversion with Plus! XML Translator. The translation profile also has been changed, so you won't need to translate things which won't be used.

Anyway, I think I'll pack this updated script and send it to the beta-testers. Then I'll wait for the green light from them and then I'll convert the other translations too and submit the script to the scripts database. :)

For those who reported bugs with Countdown Live / Plus! XML Translator: could you please contact me via a PM (or Messenger if I added you) with more details about the problem? As it's very hard for me to get a complete picture of what has happened the past three weeks. Thank you!

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Menthix on 08-12-2008 at 11:41 AM

quote:
The only thing I don't like is that the build number can't have that many digits (only 5). It would have been more interesting to have more (7 or 8) because now it's already filled up with "21016", so I can't go for a 2.10 release or a 12.0 version.
You can simply tag the first release with the UpdateId as <BuildNumber>1</BuildNumber>, and increase <BuildNumber> by 1 on every release (including alpha/beta/test versions).
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.016) by Matti on 08-12-2008 at 12:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
You can simply tag the first release with the UpdateId as <BuildNumber>1</BuildNumber>, and increase <BuildNumber> by 1 on every release (including alpha/beta/test versions).
Yes, but then I may forget whether I already increased the build number or not. :P
Anyway, as I always increase the build with every release (beta's and public versions), I can keep this pattern. I don't think I'll ever make a 10.0 release, and if it ever gets so far, the system will probably already be changed once again to support some new future technology. :P
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Matti on 08-16-2008 at 09:56 AM

Countdown Live 2.1.017 is now released!

Most important changes:
  • Removed Countdown Live's own script updater and added support for Plus! Live's built-in updater.
  • Fixes a bug reported by Phazeus with the countdown calculating system.
The script has been updated in the scripts database and is available through the updater of previous versions of Countdown Live, so this will be the last use of Countdown Live's built-in updater. Thanks to MenthiX for updating the entry in the script database so quickly! :)

I'd also like to announce that the Spanish translation by warmth has been uploaded to the languages server. Any user who has Spanish selected as interface language for Plus! Live and installs Countdown Live for the first time will receive the Spanish translation immediately. Other users can get the Spanish translation from the Download Languages window.

» Check out the first post for more details and the download link.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by SmokingCookie on 10-11-2008 at 07:49 PM

Great, I;m offline for a few days, and my mailbox is a mess :P

Isn't it better to leave the update system where it is, but only enable it if the user has 4.60 or earlier?

@Matti: I've read your email, and have found no bugs in CDL 2.1.017 (yet :P ) ;) that the Download Laguage window shows languages for CDL 2.1.012 - 2.1.016 only (perhaps you haven't updated the language files on your server?)

EDIT 2::

When changing languages, the Media icon setting seems to go lost.. And the countdowns get disabled.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Matti on 10-11-2008 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Isn't it better to leave the update system where it is, but only enable it if the user has 4.60 or earlier?
Users on Plus! < 4.60 will get a warning every time they start up Messenger - which is quite annoying in fact, should fix that - and I think the advantages of 4.60 are too great, there really shouldn't be a reason not to install it.
quote:
@Matti: I've read your email, and have found no bugs in CDL 2.1.017 (yet :P ) ;) that the Download Laguage window shows languages for CDL 2.1.012 - 2.1.016 only (perhaps you haven't updated the language files on your server?)
That must have been something temporarily, the versions are up to date here...
quote:
When changing languages, the Media icon setting seems to go lost..
Hmm, strange. However, it doesn't do that on my version which I'm working on. :P No need to push a 2.1.018 first just for that, I simply make sure it doesn't occur in the next version. ;)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Geo on 10-12-2008 at 08:24 PM

In a future release can i have the possibility to change the DP at the end of Countdown. Even not more refresh countdown( except in preview panel) if I'm off line or if I have no on-line contact.

thank's for your works
Geo

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Basilis on 10-12-2008 at 08:34 PM

Changing the DP in the end of the Countdown would be really nice. :)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Eddie on 10-26-2008 at 09:21 AM

Don't know if this has been reported or is a known issue, but when i try and edit the tags for "days" "weeks" etc, they will not save correctly, and will just revert back to the originals, all i am trying to do is make them capitals.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by SmokingCookie on 10-26-2008 at 09:26 AM

Check the Languages tab.. There's a check mark that has to be unchecked.

"Always use the words from the language file ....."

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Eddie on 10-26-2008 at 09:36 AM

It is unchecked ;)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by SmokingCookie on 10-26-2008 at 10:15 AM

You're right.. Capitalising doesn't work.. I think they're 'lower-cased', as entirely different words do work..

Changing doesn't work.. Bug?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Matti on 10-26-2008 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Geo
In a future release can i have the possibility to change the DP at the end of Countdown. Even not more refresh countdown( except in preview panel) if I'm off line or if I have no on-line contact.
Great suggestion! It'll be done for the next version. :)
quote:
You're right.. Capitalising doesn't work.. I think they're 'lower-cased', as entirely different words do work..

Hmm, strange. I'll need to have a look at it. Unfortunately, I still have to install all my other programs first since my PC got formatted yesterday. (No worries, all my data is safe so Countdown Live isn't lost!)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Eddie on 10-26-2008 at 10:31 AM

quote:

sorry what?
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by SmokingCookie on 10-26-2008 at 10:34 AM

@Eddie:

I've explained it to Matti, so I guess he'll take care of it.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Matti on 10-26-2008 at 10:42 AM

Apparently the words for the units don't get applied at all. I haven't tested this yet, but I'll certainly investigate this. :)

EDIT: Oh dear, that was a terrible bug there. What was I thinking while coding that? I don't know.

To keep it simple: due to a change I made in the preferences structure, the unit words were no longer saved properly in the temporary object (used during run-time) and the registry (used for permanent storage). The good news is that I found were it went wrong and that you can rest assured that this is fixed in the next version. I apologize for the inconvenience that you'll have to live with this issue for the time being, as I haven't even been able to start a beta testing period yet. There is just too many things to implement and to fix. :P
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by bluretina on 11-06-2008 at 09:43 PM

I configured my preferences as the way I want but I guess the counter doesn't update itself automatic... As for days it is ok but I would like to see the minutes and seconds change on their own too in my msn status. is there a way to do that I wonder? because if the seconds won't change there isn't a meaning in putting a counter lol =)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Matti on 11-07-2008 at 04:52 PM

@bluretina:
That's quite odd, the seconds and minutes are supposed to update properly. Please check the update interval in the Settings tab, maybe it's too high and thus it doesn't change to often? 1 to 10 minutes is a good setting. Also make use of the preview area: it gives you a good idea if it'll work like you want it to work.

The update interval is set to be at least 15 seconds to prevent flooding the server with status updates which will be ignored after a while when it occurs too often. Therefore it simply can't update the countdowns every second - the server would simply ignore any further update requests! If that's what you mean...

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Chrono on 11-16-2008 at 02:09 AM

i just updated the script and got this error:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=937437]

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by SmokingCookie on 11-16-2008 at 08:31 AM

That is because the Spanish translation file never got updated. You can, however, translate the script yourself. All the instructions you may need are on this webpage.

Good luck ;)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Chrono on 11-16-2008 at 09:21 AM

well i know, the fact is that it seemed to be fully translated, i didnt even change the labguage file at first but it still worked... except for the fact that i was getting that dodgy window every time i started messenger :P. So i simply opened the language file and edited the line about compatibility.

My suggestion: Make that window appear ONCE, not every single time. And it's not like it's not going to work, it may not be fully translated, sure, but it still works :P.

Matti, if you want me to finish the spanish translation, let me know. I'll be glad to do it, as i like this script :P Either that or ask the spanish translator to do it, as spanish is the most used language in Plus! as you probably know :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.1.017) by Matti on 11-16-2008 at 09:54 AM

Yes, I was already thinking about showing it only once, also for the Plus! Live version compatibility message. I think I'll have a look at it today and see how I can implement that in the best possible way I can find. :)

I'd really appreciate it if you could do the Spanish translation. Most of my translators are Countdown Live users who PM me and ask if they could do the translation, but when I need new translations a few months later for the next version it's a big struggle to get in contact with them again. Therefore I think it's more interesting to have active forum members to do translations. So yes, I'd be great if you could do it! :)
* Matti sends a PM to Chrono...

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Matti on 01-03-2009 at 03:25 PM

Countdown Live 2.2.020 is now released!

Here's a new year present from me to the community. This version adds the ability to have as many countdowns as you like and some other interesting new features.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by SmokingCookie on 01-03-2009 at 03:31 PM

Nice (Y)

And the first download from the site :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by warmth on 01-03-2009 at 04:56 PM

:P I can't translate this new version until the new MP!L is out... so you guys will have to wait a bit for spanish translation...

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Basilis on 01-03-2009 at 05:26 PM

Great Matti. I am happy I could help with Greek.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Matti on 01-12-2009 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spongshga
Pleas Ad this german beta tranlate to your Sript!!!

and read some files!!!
A ZIP containing some kind of patch executable, a HTML page made with Word, some images and strange XML files? And Spongshga Cracking Team? What the hell is this?

If you want to translate Countdown Live to German, just follow the instructions on this page of the project website. Translations are done in a single XML file, no need for strange patches!
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Chancer on 01-12-2009 at 06:33 PM

Actually, the "patch" only extract the translation to "C:\Programme\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Countdown Live\Languages" and show a few "ads".
But the rest is totally unnecessary.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Matti on 01-12-2009 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
Actually, the "patch" only extract the translation to "C:\Programme\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Countdown Live\Languages" and show a few "ads".
But the rest is totally unnecessary.
Well, I'd rather not want those "ads". I'll boot it up in my VMWare just to be safe. :P
Just to let you know, Spongshga, this is not the way to submit a translation, as they are distributed through Countdown Live itself through the Download Languages window.

As this is not a complete translation yet, it is not yet added to the database. Also, there are many technical mistakes in it and a lot of missing pieces, so I do not recommend this translation to be used yet.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by matty on 01-12-2009 at 07:29 PM

I reported that zip to be removed by moderators. It doesn't do what it should. Yes it extracts files but it will only work if you have a German version of Windows and have Plus! installed in the default location. Therefore reported to be removed.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Casper on 01-17-2009 at 08:34 PM

On the RC1 (on my pc) this script doesn't work, when I open it and make my preferences, after I click on "OK" nothing happens, when I click on Apply, nothing happens neither. It works in form that it can be imported, and the preferences window of the script works, the preview works fine, every thing but the acutal countdown in pm or name...

I browsed thru all pages, no one seems to have this problem, maybe it's because of new version of plus ?

Thanks forward.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by SmokingCookie on 01-17-2009 at 08:37 PM

The bug had already been confirmed. A temporary fix is checking the "Always use the words from the language file for the time units" checkbox.

RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Casper on 01-17-2009 at 08:46 PM

quote:
The bug had already been confirmed. A temporary fix is checking the "Always use the words from the language file for the time units" checkbox.

Thanks :) it's a pitty I don't have >100 posts to give you +rep :)
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by SmokingCookie on 01-18-2009 at 08:11 AM

Hehe I'll remind you of it ;) :P

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by warmth on 02-03-2009 at 10:36 PM

I found some bugs my friend that you must fix :P (quickly because for the first time I really need you script jajaja)

Check the attached file for debug window info...

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by SmokingCookie on 02-04-2009 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Myself, a few posts back^o)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by warmth on 02-04-2009 at 07:02 PM

Thanks Smoking... I already talked about this with Matti personally ;)

RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by alger456 on 02-13-2009 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Casper
On the RC1 (on my pc) this script doesn't work, when I open it and make my preferences, after I click on "OK" nothing happens, when I click on Apply, nothing happens neither. It works in form that it can be imported, and the preferences window of the script works, the preview works fine, every thing but the acutal countdown in pm or name...

I browsed thru all pages, no one seems to have this problem, maybe it's because of new version of plus ?

Thanks forward.
i have the same problem either,i'm using windows xp sp2 and i have try wlm8.5 and9.0 but it doesnt work too.please help us:o
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Matti on 02-13-2009 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alger456
i have the same problem either,i'm using windows xp sp2 and i have try wlm8.5 and9.0 but it doesnt work too.please help us:o
May I kindly request you to read a little bit further before you post? This problem has already reported and will be fixed when a new version is released. I simply don't want to release an update with only one bugfix, otherwise I'd have to make much more updates much more frequently. Not only would this be a terrifying job for me, it'd also be very annoying for you as a user. Besides, I have also other projects I'd like to work on, remember that we're not getting paid to make free scripts!
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by AdTheRat on 02-14-2009 at 04:00 PM

Is it possible to display more then one countdown in the name or message?

Like, if I want to show the total number of days left for two different dates. (In my case, when my wife to be arrives in the UK, and when we're getting married))

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by SmokingCookie on 02-14-2009 at 04:57 PM

Yes, it is.

Edit your name (within CDL) so that it says (%) (!CD!) (%) (!CD2) (%), whereas "(%)" is any text you like.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by AdTheRat on 02-14-2009 at 05:03 PM

I tried (!CD1) whatever (!CD2) blah earlier but only the first (!CD1) got converted.

Tried again, only the first (! gets converted. The rest gets ignored.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by SmokingCookie on 02-14-2009 at 05:08 PM

Maybe there is no (!CD2)? This could be, as I can make ten countdowns and delete 2-9, so it'd be (!CD1) (!CD10)

Please check the ID numbers in the "Countdowns: tab.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by AdTheRat on 02-14-2009 at 05:11 PM

Checked. It's only converting the first (!CD1). It if I try (!CD1) and (!CD1) only the first one get converted, the second one shows as (!CD1) instead of the countdown

Raw format

code:
(!CD4) to go until the Big Day.  (!CD4)

Shows up as:
code:
21 hours, 0 days, 2 weeks and 5 months to go until the Big Day.  (!CD4) says

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by SmokingCookie on 02-14-2009 at 05:13 PM

That's strange.. AFAIK, it should work.. I'll report this one to Matti

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by AdTheRat on 02-14-2009 at 05:16 PM

Is there any info you would like me to supply? my MSN is in my profile if you want to talk to me directly :)

Thanks for the quick response.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by SmokingCookie on 02-14-2009 at 05:20 PM

Nope, there's nothing necessary for now.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by Matti on 02-14-2009 at 07:05 PM

Hello there,

Thanks for reporting this issue, I really appreciate it when users help us with bug hunting. :)
A quick research pointed out that a small mistake caused the script to only look for one (!CD#) occurrence. Unfortunately, small mistakes can cause big trouble... (For those interested, yes, it was as simple as missing a "g" flag in a critical regular expression! :$)

Expect this issue to be solved in the next build, along with other bugfixes. ;)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.020) by AdTheRat on 02-14-2009 at 07:25 PM

Hurrah! I look forward to the next build with much excitement. It be nice to have two important dates counting down in my display name, as I could see it change as I type too compared to the personal message.

And hey, at least you understand regular expressions... RegEx confuse me.. >_>

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by Matti on 02-21-2009 at 11:05 AM

Countdown Live 2.2.021 is now released!

This update fixes some important bugs (as promised in previous replies) and includes some improved classes (ToolTip and Menu classes).

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by SmokingCookie on 02-21-2009 at 11:09 AM

Nice one (Y)

[offtopic]
Again the first one to download this new release :P
[/offtopic]

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by warmth on 02-21-2009 at 12:28 PM

I am going to work this days to give you the full translated file...

Thanks Matti for including me in the testers ;) Keep doing well...

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by AdTheRat on 05-21-2009 at 10:49 PM

I hope someone is still checking this. I've noticed a little bug after trying to adjust it abit. It has problems displaying multi-tags when certain units is used or mutli units. I can display mutli tags if they had a day unit only but when I use lots of them or a certain unit (not sure which), any tags after does not reneder correctly and is just shown as (!CD#)  (# being a number of whatever tag is used)

I haven't tested throughtly of which it may be the case but there is a problem there and I wanted to raise the issue so it is at least known, least I forget to test.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by SmokingCookie on 05-22-2009 at 01:33 PM

Can you verify that the tag number exists?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by AdTheRat on 05-22-2009 at 02:29 PM

I can, in fact, by switching the tag around (the tag with many units in). The one second placed first would show up and the first one placed second would disappear.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by Polv89 on 09-24-2009 at 06:57 PM

where i can find the italian translation??
thank you

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by matty on 09-24-2009 at 08:00 PM

There should be an option in the preferences to change the language. It should be included.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by m0nst3rkill3r on 09-24-2009 at 09:29 PM

Could i translate it in german ?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by Matti on 09-25-2009 at 02:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by m0nst3rkill3r
Could i translate it in german ?
Of course you can, I always appreciate volunteering translators! Head over to the translation page at the project website to get everything you need to translate the script. If you have questions during translation, don't hesitate to send me a [Image: pm.gif] and I'll do my best to help you. When you're done, just send me the translation and I'll upload it - simple as that! :D
RE: RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by Polv89 on 09-28-2009 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
There should be an option in the preferences to change the language. It should be included.

italian language isn't on the language list, or not?
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by matty on 09-28-2009 at 09:28 PM

Oops looks like I didn't read it enough. The Italian translation isn't complete according to the first post.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by SmokingCookie on 09-29-2009 at 05:43 PM

Breaking news: when the preferences window is maximised, one of the tab scroll buttons at the top remains enabled. When clicked, it becomes disabled, enabling the other. Is that supposed to happen?

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by blessedguy on 09-29-2009 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Breaking news: when the preferences window is maximised, one of the tab scroll buttons at the top remains enabled. When clicked, it becomes disabled, enabling the other. Is that supposed to happen?
Could you describe it step-by-step please?
I tried it, but didn't happen... (Both tab scroll buttons are disabled when maximised)

Update: following Matti's instructions, the bug really happened: reproduced it without problems.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by SmokingCookie on 09-29-2009 at 07:17 PM

I can't reproduce it, only happens sometimes and I don't see any regularities or "pattern"

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by Matti on 09-30-2009 at 11:56 AM

Thanks for reporting this problem. I had a look at it myself and I was able to reproduce it by following very precise steps:

1. Open the Preferences window.
  2. Without resizing the window, select the (previous to) last tab which requires the tabs list to be scrolled.
  3. Maximize the window.
  4. One arrow button stays enabled where they should both be disabled.
I made a quick workaround for this by adding a little extra if-block in the WndPrefTabs scroll function. Since this isn't a critical issue, I'm not going to push a new update just for this. If you find this really disturbing, feel free to replace your WndPrefTabs.js file with the attached fixed file.
RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by ryden on 10-03-2009 at 11:23 AM

Countdown Live Turkish Language Download :

http://rapidshare.com/files/288118725/Turkish.rar.html

Thank You Matti

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by Matti on 10-03-2009 at 03:19 PM

Thanks ryden, but unfortunately I have to dismiss that translation since it contains a lot of untranslated strings and errors. I hope you understand that in order to maintain the quality of the script, I cannot accept such translations.

I sent you a PM with a cleaned version of your translation, with all problematic parts emptied. Load that one up in Plus! XML Translator with the English file as original and look for all untranslated strings. Translate those, save it, send it back to me and I'll have another look at it.

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by SmokingCookie on 12-24-2009 at 12:50 PM

Hi folks (and especially Matti), I've been working on my Video Converter Plus! script lately. I've programmed a function that allows you to scroll through tabs within the settings window, by placing the mouse in a specific region (the blue area in the image below) and using the mouse wheel*. It might be cool to have this in a future release of CDL..

[Image: attachment.php?pid=982583]

* Note: this function is not available in the current public release, you're gonna have to wait..

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by Matti on 12-24-2009 at 09:26 PM

Hey SmokingCookie, wow, what a long time since I last spoke to you! :P

Anyway, that's a really neat idea and I'll definitely consider it whenever I think an update is needed, but as for now I don't see any necessity to push an update. This is purely aesthetic/ergonomic so I don't want to bother my users with something that small. Nevertheless, it's on my to-do list so whenever I feel like making an update, I'll be able to remember your suggestion. :)

RE: [Release] Countdown Live (Latest: 2.2.021) by SmokingCookie on 12-25-2009 at 08:24 AM

I understand your point, I wasn't trying to coerce you on updating the script. As of now, I have also made the ComboBoxes and ListView controls scrollable, you may want to put that on your to-do as well..?

Oh and merry Christmas everyone! ;)