Shoutbox

Alt+Tab Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Alt+Tab Problem (/showthread.php?tid=65137)

Alt+Tab Problem by Seregwethrin on 08-19-2006 at 09:00 PM

I can't see msnger chat conversations at alt+tab menu (but sometimes).

I think problem is about Group Chat.

Please look at pictures.

[Image: cantseexf9.gif]

[Image: cantsee2du2.gif]

I can't print screen while alt tab windows is showing :D

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by kotjze on 08-19-2006 at 09:09 PM

I've just tested this, and it won't show up if you have tabbed chats enabled and have more than one window open.

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by Seregwethrin on 08-19-2006 at 09:12 PM

Thanks kotjze.

I think this problem must be fixed :(

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by MattyRid on 08-19-2006 at 09:16 PM

I don't get this problem and yes I have tabbed chats enabled. Maybe it's that option in AutoPatcher that I chose which helps me avoid that problem :P

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by Seregwethrin on 08-19-2006 at 09:16 PM

And also group chat has some problems too. Rarely ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab don't work. At msgplus 3 group chat had no problems :(

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by cliffz on 08-21-2006 at 05:35 AM

I just test as Seregwethrin's method and saw the problem, but i'm in a group chat. When I press Alt + Tab after i click the group chat, it can be displayed in task shift.

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by Chestah on 08-21-2006 at 07:49 AM

This is a known bug/limitation found in beta testing. It is done this way to fix another bug which is far worse than this one (can't remember at this stage - think it was to do with tabbed chats changing).

It occurs when the tabbed window is minimised - it doesn't appear, as you've noted, in the alt-tab list.

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by Seregwethrin on 08-21-2006 at 08:44 AM

Chestah, will this bug be fixed?

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by joemailey on 08-21-2006 at 10:09 AM

Sometimes when i have my Convo's Minimized in and using Tabbed chats. I don't get noified of new message's.

Like i'd have 2 conversations open and say one stops talking and then the other says brb. i'd surf the web or play game and when i come back the chat minimized isnt/doesnt flash or even changed colour(as it is suppose to do )

i'd click it and it would open there be like 5-7 convo's started people saying back, people saying hello. but i don't get noified not even a flash or a sound <:(

This a bug?

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by Eddie on 08-21-2006 at 10:13 AM

Hmmm sometimes happens with no flashing on mine, but usually i hear the weird new message sound. *-)

RE: RE: Alt+Tab Problem by Seregwethrin on 08-21-2006 at 04:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
Sometimes when i have my Convo's Minimized in and using Tabbed chats. I don't get noified of new message's.

Like i'd have 2 conversations open and say one stops talking and then the other says brb. i'd surf the web or play game and when i come back the chat minimized isnt/doesnt flash or even changed colour(as it is suppose to do )

i'd click it and it would open there be like 5-7 convo's started people saying back, people saying hello. but i don't get noified not even a flash or a sound <:(

This a bug?

Yes yes, i have this bug too. I don't get notified, the window bar's color don't change sometimes. :(
RE: Alt+Tab Problem by Aonghus on 01-01-2007 at 02:41 PM

Heyy, this problem is still continuing...

Please fix this :(

Old msgpluses don't have this problem. Please fix for the plus live...

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by qgroessl on 01-01-2007 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Aonghus
Heyy, this problem is still continuing...

Please fix this :(

Old msgpluses don't have this problem. Please fix for the plus live...
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
This is a known bug/limitation found in beta testing. It is done this way to fix another bug which is far worse than this one (can't remember at this stage - think it was to do with tabbed chats changing).

It occurs when the tabbed window is minimised - it doesn't appear, as you've noted, in the alt-tab list.

I don't think it can be fixed without making something else worse... Sorry.
RE: Alt+Tab Problem by Stingbat on 08-30-2007 at 12:49 PM

I have read the thread(s) on the board(s), but I haven't really figured out what sort of "disaster" that happens, when using the regular minimize-function in Windows (from a programmers point-of-view).

If one uses the WIN+D to minimize, the Group/Tabbed Chat will minimize the right way, and show up when using the ALT+TAB.

I haven't seen any "damage" happened when using WIN+D at all, so another solution for minimizing the window probably exist - in the same way as for the main-window.

Anyway, I'm just thinking that there must exist a solution, since Windows itself can minimize it correctly (both to tray and in the ALT+TAB-thingy).

Just my 2 cents.

/// Nikolaj

RE: Alt+Tab Problem by paulrowe on 10-18-2007 at 02:45 PM

My impression of Win+D is not that it minimizes the other windows, but that it brings the Desktop to the front of the z-order.  When a window is minimized, it is put at the end of the TaskSwitcher list; when the Desktop is brought to the fore, the TaskSwitcher list order is unchanged, even if there were programs already minimized.

There are three conditions that must be met for a window to appear in the TaskSwitcher.  First, the Parent of the window (this is different from the Owner) must be the Desktop (or nil/NULL works, I think).  Second, the window style must include the flag WS_EX_APPWINDOW and must exclude the flag WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW.  Finally, the window must be enabled (children are allowed under certain circumstances, but I forget exactly what those circumstances are).

I hope this is helpful.  Once these conditions are met, I believe that TaskSwitcher and Flip3D will also work correctly in Windows Vista.  I had to spend a lot of time trying to get forms to show properly in Delphi, which creates a hidden window to be a parent to every form you make (and prevents TaskSwitcher, etc., from showing your window correctly).