Shoutbox

very slow chat logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: very slow chat logs (/showthread.php?tid=65159)

very slow chat logs by bdb25 on 08-20-2006 at 04:17 PM

hey there

i'm using the new msgplus live (4.01.0.240), when i go to open chat logs it takes forever for the logs to open, at first i thought this was due to using the new xml so i changed back to the old text files, but these take jsut as long to open, also, once opened trying to find text within the log, just freezes the viewer up.

is there any way to fix this?

and also, the new chat logs seem to be saved in seperate files, by month, is it possible to change it back just to have one large text file into which all chat logs are stored rather than it being broken up?

thanks in advance

RE: very slow chat logs by Ezra on 08-20-2006 at 06:26 PM

Are you using encryption?

Your computer might not be so fast in decrypting the file, try choosing a smaller encryption key (not the password)

Plus!>Preferences>Conversations>Encryption

Choose a smaller encryption key size like 384 and see if it's faster.

RE: very slow chat logs by Nagamasa on 08-21-2006 at 03:39 PM

Are anything else that you're using slower than how it was before? If so, then you may have a virus.

If not, it might just because the files are big, like when you open a giantic Excel document.

RE: very slow chat logs by arie123 on 08-24-2006 at 02:00 PM

it still takes very long for this kind of decryption.. I don't know whether Patchou programmed it himself, but maybe he could better use a free to use code snippet for it. It's only a textfile, I use http://www.truecrypt.org/ and it encrypts a gigabyte faster...

RE: very slow chat logs by Ezra on 08-24-2006 at 02:48 PM

Patchou uses the Windows API, so he did not program anything, it's the fault of Microsoft that the Encryption library of windows is slow.

RE: RE: very slow chat logs by arie123 on 08-24-2006 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Patchou uses the Windows API, so he did not program anything, it's the fault of Microsoft that the Encryption library of windows is slow.

Ah, microsoft sucks indeed... Maybe Patchou should try it once then ;)