Shoutbox

I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version (/showthread.php?tid=65184)

I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by pfc432 on 08-21-2006 at 06:28 AM

I used to have the Messenger Plus! Live 4.00.235 version installed on my PC with a lot of scripts and a very personal configuration (not only of msgplus, but also that of the scripts). Then I formatted my hardisk and installed the whole system from scratch (I usually do this every 4 months or so). Now, the current version of Messenger Plus is the 4.01, but if I set this up, then I can't import the settings I had exported with the previous version.
So, I think the solution is installing the 4.00.235, importing the config and after that upgrading to 4.01. But the site doesn't provide an archive of old versions nor could I get them from anywhere else on the Internet. So, maybe some of you still keeps the installer for the old 4.00.235 and can send it to me. I'd be really grateful.
So if you have it, please reply here or send it to pfc432 a t gmail.com

Thanks in advance,
Pablo

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by NiteMare on 08-21-2006 at 06:50 AM

http://mirror.msgplus.net/MsgPlusLive-400.exe

i used google, found in about 5 minutes

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by Nagamasa on 08-21-2006 at 12:19 PM

But why cant you import to 4.01?

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by GiantSpider on 08-21-2006 at 12:27 PM

You shouldn't use 4.00. 4.01 has alot of bug fixes in comparison to it.

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by markee on 08-21-2006 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
If you read the first post, he does not plan on using 4.00 he plans on using 4.01 once he imports his coniguration because he is having some problems putting it straight into 4.01.  Please pay attention little ne :P
RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by Nagamasa on 08-21-2006 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
If you read the first post, he does not plan on using 4.00 he plans on using 4.01 once he imports his coniguration because he is having some problems putting it straight into 4.01.  Please pay attention little ne :P

but if you read it even more carefully,
quote:
Originally posted by pfc432
Now, the current version of Messenger Plus is the 4.01, but if I set this up, then I can't import the settings I had exported with the previous version.

It shouldn't make a difference using 4.00 or 4.01
RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by markee on 08-21-2006 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
quote:
quote:

quote:
Now, the current version of Messenger Plus is the 4.01, but if I set this up, then I can't import the settings I had exported with the previous version.

I thought this too but I don't class myself as enough of an expert to be able to make that statement.
RE: RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by Nagamasa on 08-21-2006 at 01:21 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
quote:
quote:

quote:

I thought this too but I don't class myself as enough of an expert to be able to make that statement.

I'm not an expert either, its an educated guess.

Its just that the scripts stay the same and MP!L settings should be able to be upgraded into newer editions (unless its from scratch like 4.00).
RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by NiteMare on 08-21-2006 at 05:29 PM

i am guess he is going to be installing 4.00, importing his old settings, then upgrading, since an upgrade shouldn't removed the settings

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by stuartbennett on 08-21-2006 at 05:42 PM

i am not an expert either, however if both versions are 4.0x then it shouldnt make a difference which version he has when importing, however remember messenger plus live is new and still in its early stages maybe this is a bug and just maybe as most of us dont format as often as every 4 months maybe nobodys actually had the chance to test this scenario yet thus this could be the first reported instance in which case it may need fixing for next version, but hey thats only hyperthetical after all like i said i am no expert. Patchou what's your take on this?

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by pfc432 on 08-21-2006 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
http://mirror.msgplus.net/MsgPlusLive-400.exe
I used Google, found in about 5 minutes
Thanx sooo much, NiteMare =))
It seems that somtimes I just can't google properly :$

I don't know whether it's something that should happen or simply a bug, but I have tried to import the settings and couldn't. Got this error message:
[Image: zimportingcn0.png]

Pablo
RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by stuartbennett on 08-21-2006 at 08:29 PM

i got that same error when i tryed to import settings from messenger plus 3 final release prior to 4. must be a bug.

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by Plik on 08-21-2006 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i got that same error when i tryed to import settings from messenger plus 3 final release prior to 4. must be a bug.
Well if you read the error it clearly isn't a bug :rolleyes:. My quess is either the settings pack format has changed, or because the features have changed patchou decided not to let you import the settings, either way it looks like it is by design.
RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by Patchou on 08-21-2006 at 10:01 PM

You can export settings from Plus! Live 4.00 and import them back in Plus! Live 4.01, it will work perfectly.

If you get the above message, that's because you're trying to import a file from Messenger Plus! 3. If you believe that it's not the case, please send me your file to mplus@patchou.com .

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by NiteMare on 08-21-2006 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
You can export settings from Plus! Live 4.00 and import them back in Plus! Live 4.01, it will work perfectly.

If you get the above message, that's because you're trying to import a file from Messenger Plus! 3. If you believe that it's not the case, please send me your file to mplus@patchou.com .
hey patchou, have you consitered making a mini program that will convert the Plus!3 exported preferances in the Plus!live 4.00 format
giving messages for what features cna not be converted, such as custom names
RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by stuartbennett on 08-22-2006 at 05:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

hey patchou, have you consitered making a mini program that will convert the Plus!3 exported preferances in the Plus!live 4.00 format
giving messages for what features cna not be converted, such as custom names

hey nitemare that might be a good idea so it would convert the settings that exist in both 3 and 4 into 4xx compatable and then put up a config interface to ask you how you want to configure the remaining settings new to the 4xx range of features, but when converting rather than just changing the existing file it uses the existing file make the conversion and allows you to save the changes as a seperate file that way if your running both version 7 and 8 of msn messenger using mp3 for msn7 and mpl4 with msn8 you can use your mp3 settings file to quickly setup your mpl4 settings but keep an exported settings file for both systems. maybe it doesnt even require patchou to make this program, i mean maybe a script is capable of this functionality i dont know.

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by NiteMare on 08-22-2006 at 06:24 AM

well i haven't looked at eather file so i have no clue

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by CookieRevised on 08-22-2006 at 08:46 AM

The file formats are relative easly...

However, not all settings from Plus!3 can be changed to Plus!4 as-is. Plus!3 had relative more options than Plus!4 and some settings can't be converted likt that because they work that tad differently in Plus!4. Other settings don't exist in Plus!4, and yet other settings require to have routines which aren't documented (yet) like the email encryption. And then there are settings which can't be converted because Plus!4 needs more info/options which aren't in Plus!3...

The easiest way is to simply install Plus!4 which will port the settings from Plus!3 to Plus!4 upon first install (if possible).

It isn't strait forward.

If something needs to be created to convert Plus!3 preferences files, I think it should be done by Patchou himself as only he knows all the ins and outs of each registry key (and there are a lot ins and outs to know about the registry keys).

RE: I'd need an old (4.00) Msg plus version by stuartbennett on 08-22-2006 at 07:39 PM

ok fair enough after all i am not the expert here i just threw an idea out into the either to see what would happen. thanks cookie.