Shoutbox

Auto Unsuscribe for locked threads - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Auto Unsuscribe for locked threads (/showthread.php?tid=65198)

Auto Unsuscribe for locked threads by Nagamasa on 08-21-2006 at 02:01 PM

I have a pretty long list of suscribed threads.

Many of those are locked and just take up space. Therefore, I am hereby requesting for auto unsuscribe for locked threads.

RE: Auto Unsuscribe for locked threads by GiantSpider on 08-21-2006 at 02:09 PM

If their locked, then your not going to be getting any notifications off them, what since their locked & all.

RE: Auto Unsuscribe for locked threads by Nagamasa on 08-21-2006 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
If their locked, then your not going to be getting any notifications off them, what since their locked & all.

I know that, but it takes up a lot of room when I go through my list of subscribed threads.

RE: Auto Unsubscribe for locked threads by WDZ on 08-22-2006 at 03:58 AM

Hmm... well...

- Mods can still reply to closed threads.
- Closings are not necessarily permanent.
- Instead of just deleting Subscriptions, I think it would make more sense to switch them to Favorites.

(I'm not against the idea, just debating it :p)

RE: Auto Unsuscribe for locked threads by J.J on 08-22-2006 at 04:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I'm not against the idea, just debating it
Maybe just have it as an option for those who want it?

RE: RE: Auto Unsubscribe for locked threads by CookieRevised on 12-01-2006 at 02:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Naga
I have a pretty long list of suscribed threads.

Many of those are locked and just take up space. Therefore, I am hereby requesting for auto unsuscribe for locked threads.

no (unless it is an option and not set by default or automatic; though see note in last paragraph)... reasons as WDZ pointed out:

- Mods can still reply to closed threads.
- Closings are not necessarily permanent.

If some mod replies or a thread got opened again, I sure do want to recieve a notification.

note: And I know for some people this can be interesting too. Not all closed threads are closed forever. eg: it has happened more than once that I or someone else requested a thread to be re-opened because it contains wrong info, etc which needs to be corrected. If you would automatically unsubscibe you might miss this important info/update...

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
- Instead of just deleting Subscriptions, I think it would make more sense to switch them to Favorites.
No....

I can be (I am) subscribed to certain threads which are certainly not my favorites though. I'm just subscribed to keep being posted on new posts. eg: a reply from someone who needs to give more details so we can help him further, etc...

Instead, and with keeping the moving idea, move them to the bottom of the list or something (so you still would recieve a notification, and you still would see them in the list, but not in the first page or between the active ones).

;)