Shoutbox

[Request]A script to block live notifier - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request]A script to block live notifier (/showthread.php?tid=65212)

[Request]A script to block live notifier by drumy on 08-21-2006 at 07:31 PM

I don't know if it was asked before, but is there a script which can block other people from seeing when i opened their conversation windows and such?

RE: [Request]A script to block live notifier by Chris4 on 08-21-2006 at 08:25 PM

Do you mean if they are using StuffPlug and they can then see when the conversation is opened?

If you say why you want the script, maybe someone will make an attempt at it.

It hasn't been asked for, maybe another member can tell you if it can be made. :)

RE: [Request]A script to block live notifier by Silentdragon on 08-21-2006 at 08:30 PM

Not possible. The script picks up when you create a connection to them. So opening a window by messenger's rules it has to create a connection to them. If you blocked that then you couldn't even talk to them. You could make a bunch of false connections to them though and fake them out, or spam them so much they refuse to use the notifier.

RE: [Request]A script to block live notifier by Zahid™ on 08-21-2006 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Do you mean if they are using StuffPlug and they can then see when the conversation is opened?
He means when people use Live Notifier ( http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=64418 ) is there a way to stop them from knowing that he opened a conversation window with them.
RE: [Request]A script to block live notifier by absorbation on 08-21-2006 at 09:37 PM

Not really, but you could send spam connections every minute or so, so your contacts never know if you are really opening a conversation.

RE: [Request]A script to block live notifier by drumy on 08-22-2006 at 06:05 PM

how do i do it?

RE: [Request]A script to block live notifier by linx05 on 08-22-2006 at 11:56 PM

Trust me, it would be a waste of time. You're better off letting the script (Live Notifier) do its thing. It is unreliable enough so you won't need to "spam" their connections (something I would instantly block you for if I found out).