Shoutbox

script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) (/showthread.php?tid=65222)

script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by felipEx on 08-22-2006 at 02:13 AM

title: sBCaption (Start Button Caption)
short desc: it's changues the start button caption
full desc: it's changues the start button caption
your name:  sBCaption by . f e l i p E
version number: 1.0
.plsc file:  http://www.afelipe.flyserver.biz/scripts/?id=sBCaption.plsc
language:  English

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by KnRd_WC on 08-22-2006 at 02:52 AM

Nice ! ;)

Another example, which can be useful, to set transparency ;) :

code:
Transparency=100 // 0=Invisible, 255=Opaque
Hwnd=Interop.Call("User32.dll","FindWindowW","Shell_TrayWnd",0); // Taskbar
// StartMenu : Hwnd=Interop.Call("User32.dll","FindWindowW","DV2ControlHost",0);
Interop.Call("User32.dll","SetWindowLongW",Hwnd,-20,524288);
Interop.Call("User32.dll","SetLayeredWindowAttributes",Hwnd,0,Transparency,2);
// Disable Transparency : Interop.Call("User32.dll","SetWindowLongW",Hwnd,-20,0);

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Yil2201 on 08-22-2006 at 08:02 AM

Can't download the file it seems to not exist :o ?

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by felipEx on 08-22-2006 at 08:05 AM

sorry :D

hosting problems (N)

Attachment:  :)

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Yil2201 on 08-22-2006 at 08:13 AM

Cool, thanks, look at my PM :P

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by felipEx on 08-22-2006 at 09:21 PM

new release (sBCaption v1.1)

features:

it manipulates the task bar, including the start button, tasks area, clock and systray

start button:
hide,show,enable,disable and change caption

clock:
hide, show

tasks:
hide, show, enable, disable

taskbar
hide,show,enable,disable, transparency

systray:
enable, disable

Download

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by felipEx on 08-22-2006 at 09:22 PM

Yil2201, look at my PM :P

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by felipEx on 08-26-2006 at 09:33 PM

sBCaption v1.1   screenshot ;)

[Image: taskbar.PNG]

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by P4R4D0x on 08-27-2006 at 05:38 AM

how come mine keeps changing back to start?

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Spunky on 08-27-2006 at 09:40 AM

I think thats something done by Windows every so often. I have used a program to do this before and the same thing happened

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Yil2201 on 08-27-2006 at 10:04 AM

Cool :) Really cool update!

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Eddie on 08-27-2006 at 10:13 AM

Nice nifty little program script :)

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by P4R4D0x on 08-27-2006 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I think thats something done by Windows every so often. I have used a program to do this before and the same thing happened
then what's the point of this feature?
RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Yil2201 on 08-27-2006 at 03:56 PM

I was thinking about a cool feature... maybe you can add a checkbox to give as caption of the start button the nickname of the current user ... Would be cool :)
So your script has to check the name at each signin using the SignIn evenement.
This is a simple line of code :P
var StartMenuCaption := Messenger.MyName;

See you ;)

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Felu on 08-28-2006 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Yil2201
I was thinking about a cool feature... maybe you can add a checkbox to give as caption of the start button the nickname of the current user ... Would be cool [Image: msn_happy.gif]
So your script has to check the name at each signin using the SignIn evenement.
This is a simple line of code [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
var StartMenuCaption := Messenger.MyName;

See you [Image: msn_wink.gif]
How about checking at each name change *-). Also asking your Nickname do you want to change StartButton Caption or not.

Nice Script, but sadly the theme i'm using doesn't have a start button caption [Image: msn_sad.gif].
RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Spunky on 08-28-2006 at 10:34 AM

Setting your nickname as the start button caption could be kind of cool, except I think the start button can not change it's width so the string gets truncated after the first 4-6 characters.

PS - Tried to check this just with my acount and the script is doing anything for me now I've got the new updated version

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Dempsey on 08-28-2006 at 10:39 AM

quote:
Setting your nickname as the start button caption could be kind of cool, except I think the start button can not change it's width so the string gets truncated after the first 4-6 characters.
it can't auto-resize itself no, but it can be sized using MoveWindow and stuff.
RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Spunky on 08-28-2006 at 10:42 AM

Thats cool then if it can work. I always used to think it was an image until I found a program that did it. Makes you wonder why MS put a function in to change it :p

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Dempsey on 08-28-2006 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Makes you wonder why MS put a function in to change it :p
They didn't add a function to change it, they just made it text rather than an image so that it can be changed for different languages.  Its just changed using a standard Windows API function, SetWindowText.
RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Kenji on 08-28-2006 at 01:51 PM

stays there for about 30 secs then goes back to start :sad:

good script though:P

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by Lourix on 08-28-2006 at 01:56 PM

I think this script is great, well done :)

RE: script: sBCaption (Start Button Caption) by benjyrama on 08-28-2006 at 08:45 PM

how about a reset button for each of the categories, ie start button,...