Shoutbox

Feature Improvement: Custom Notifications - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature Improvement: Custom Notifications (/showthread.php?tid=65225)

Feature Improvement: Custom Notifications by thefalcon2k on 08-22-2006 at 02:43 AM

When a friend signs out of Windows Live Messenger, it shows the display nickname that they have chosen and not the display nickname that I have chosen.

I would personally think that having it show the display nickname that you have personally chosen to avoid any confusion.

RE: Feature Improvement: Custom Notifications by RaceProUK on 08-22-2006 at 10:22 AM

This has been mentioned many times before. Support will be added for Nicknames when Patchou finds a way to access them.

RE: Feature Improvement: Custom Notifications by Zeh on 08-28-2006 at 05:24 PM

I don't know if this will do the trick but you could try. You could create a contact on desktop button for that contact and add a nickname to that button by right clicking on and and chosing to add a nickname. You would be adding a nickname to the person trough plus and not messenger itself. I don't know if this will do it because I haven't tested it myself. But hey it's just an idea.

RE: Feature Improvement: Custom Notifications by RaceProUK on 08-28-2006 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zeh
You could create a contact on desktop button for that contact and add a nickname to that button by right clicking
That won't work, since MP!L doesn't have a nickname-type feature.