Shoutbox

msgPlus! and Cisco Security Agent - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: msgPlus! and Cisco Security Agent (/showthread.php?tid=65229)

msgPlus! and Cisco Security Agent by Mr_D on 08-22-2006 at 08:14 AM

Hi all,

Does someone have a solution to get messenger Plus! Live working together with Cisco Security Agent?

When I uninstall Cisco Security Agent (CSA) msg Plus does work, but in our work environment CSA will be re-installed after you log in the next day.

So I was wondering if there is a workaround/patch/update/... to get it working!

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Mr D.

RE: msgPlus! and Cisco Security Agent by Eddie on 08-22-2006 at 10:38 AM

Dont know of a patch, but you could just allow msgplus in the program somewhere, ive never used it before but usually its the simple way of solving it.

RE: msgPlus! and Cisco Security Agent by Mr_D on 08-22-2006 at 01:39 PM

I can't find anything to trust/allow applications within cisco security agent. Another weird thing: when I set the security level to OFF it still msg+ still doesn't work. Once uninstalled it's working directly.

Hope there is a solution for this in the near future

RE: msgPlus! and Cisco Security Agent by Sunshine on 08-22-2006 at 02:07 PM

The part of CSA you are looking for i believe is the Network Applications interceptor:

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=404167&rl=1
Network Applications interceptor—Limit or allow individual applications to access the network via specific protocols and networks addressing parameters.

More info and howtos about Cisco Security Agent Management Center: Using Management Center for Cisco Security Agents 5.0 - Using Application Classes

Another interesting thing that might solve it is Local Learn Mode ..found on Cisco Security Agent Overview / Figure A-7 Agent Local Firewall Settings Screen

Good luck! This is as far as i can help you since i don't use the program myself.