Shoutbox

[REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? (/showthread.php?tid=65235)

[REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 08-22-2006 at 11:48 AM

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and had this Idea I would like to share with you

Is it possible to make a script that allows you to chat in-game or a fullscreen program?

If this is possible, then could someone make it please

Note: Please don't tell me about that plugin on xfire that allows you to use MSN on it

Another Note: If this has been posted before please don't tell me to use the search function and flame me, I'm too lazy to do so.

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Jesus on 08-22-2006 at 11:54 AM

lol posting this is far more exhausting than searching the forums :P

Maybe you should use that Xfire plugin that allows you to use MSN on it ;)

RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 08-22-2006 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
lol posting this is far more exhausting than searching the forums :P

Maybe you should use that Xfire plugin that allows you to use MSN on it ;)

how so?

and no that thing is just plain annoying and stuffed up my xfire, but I fixed it now =/
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Lukeyy19 on 08-23-2006 at 09:54 AM

this would be useful for when playing Empire Earth or such, as you get so englufed you forget to Alt+Tab, so if it was just in the corner would be easier

RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 08-23-2006 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukeyy19
this would be useful for when playing Empire Earth or such, as you get so englufed you forget to Alt+Tab, so if it was just in the corner would be easier

Having it in the corner of the screen?...

I was thinking more of an xfire-like script where you press a combination of keys and it makes it appear.

lol and empire earth... wouldn't you be too busy building and stuff to
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by cloudhunter on 08-24-2006 at 10:05 PM

Out for too long? It's only been a day...

The thing is, the undertaking this would require would be huge. It's not easy to do, would require hooking messenger.

Cloudy

RE: RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Lukeyy19 on 08-25-2006 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FootSoulJah
quote:
Originally posted by Lukeyy19

Having it in the corner of the screen?...

I was thinking more of an xfire-like script where you press a combination of keys and it makes it appear.

lol and empire earth... wouldn't you be too busy building and stuff to

no i mean like a lttle pop up showing you the messagewhicle you are in the game, (as wlm and mpl alerts do not show in a game) a and then if you want to reply you click on it and it automaticaly ALT+TAB's or something, but if you dont wanna you leave it?

and with Empire Earth some points you are just sitting there watching so it would be cool to be able to talk while im letting the little dudes do their thing.
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Dan0208 on 08-29-2006 at 01:24 PM

This may not be what your looking for but when I play full screen games I set my status to busy and which triggers the keyflasher script to turn on. so now when I have the game playing in full screen and i get a new msg my num lock, scroll lock, or caps lock LED lights will flash (i use num lock). so then i just quickly alt+tab out and have a look. this way i dont have to keep checking if anyone has been trying to contact me.
perhaps you could give this a go?

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by alexp2_ad on 08-29-2006 at 01:39 PM

I tried giving this ago, but I think it would require hooking DirectX processes or something, it's way out of my league.  Though if you use AppMon+ you can set it to beep the internal speaker when you get a new message when certain programs are running (ie.  your games) then you can Alt+Tab out.

RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 08-30-2006 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
I tried giving this ago, but I think it would require hooking DirectX processes or something, it's way out of my league.  Though if you use AppMon+ you can set it to beep the internal speaker when you get a new message when certain programs are running (ie.  your games) then you can Alt+Tab out.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
This may not be what your looking for but when I play full screen games I set my status to busy and which triggers the keyflasher script to turn on. so now when I have the game playing in full screen and i get a new msg my num lock, scroll lock, or caps lock LED lights will flash (i use num lock). so then i just quickly alt+tab out and have a look. this way i dont have to keep checking if anyone has been trying to contact me.
perhaps you could give this a go?

Heh I tried both of them. Problem is I play games that takes a long time to go to the desktop and takes a very long time just to alt tab back in.

Oh and if anyone from the Messenger Plus Live! Development Team is reading this please think about adding this in Messenger Plus Live! Version 5 or 6 or 7 etc, somehow...
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by matty on 08-30-2006 at 01:21 PM

The ability to overlay a conversation into a game isn't an easy task. I can tell you now your dreaming if you want Patchou to add this into Messenger Plus! Live.

This would be a huge project for one person to take on and I highly doubt your going to get what you want.

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Pure_BY on 08-30-2006 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Another Note: If this has been posted before please don't tell me to use the search function and flame me, I'm too lazy to do so.
I, of course, do not know about others, but by having such an attitude you are not really making me want to help you, so that you know... :-/

But anyways, there is a script called "message scroller" or something like that, that you can find in official scripts database, and it probably has some functionality you are asking for...

RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 08-30-2006 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
The ability to overlay a conversation into a game isn't an easy task. I can tell you now your dreaming if you want Patchou to add this into Messenger Plus! Live.

This would be a huge project for one person to take on and I highly doubt your going to get what you want.

So it is possible, but your saying it's much of a hassle to make? oh well...

quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
quote:
I, of course, do not know about others, but by having such an attitude you are not really making me want to help you, so that you know... :-/

But anyways, there is a script called "message scroller" or something like that, that you can find in official scripts database, and it probably has some functionality you are asking for...

Message Scroller isn't even near what I'm looking for I'm afraid
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 10-18-2006 at 03:15 PM

Hey there I ended up trying the same thing you wanted and I could get msn messages to go into the game by hooking directx and using Pai's Xniff to retrieve messages I wanted.

My problem now is to send messages from the game to msn. I can get them out and sent but sometimes (I have no clue why) it tabs out when I send a message. If I get this fixed I'll share it  with you.

What game are you playing and what version of directx does it use?

RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 10-23-2006 at 09:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Deco
Hey there I ended up trying the same thing you wanted and I could get msn messages to go into the game by hooking directx and using Pai's Xniff to retrieve messages I wanted.

My problem now is to send messages from the game to msn. I can get them out and sent but sometimes (I have no clue why) it tabs out when I send a message. If I get this fixed I'll share it  with you.

What game are you playing and what version of directx does it use?

Thanks I appreciate this a lot =D

The games I'm play are WoW, Battlefield 2, Counter Strike Source, Warcraft 3 and Company of Heroes.

As you can see they are all DirectX 9 games (not sure if Warcraft 3 is dx9 or dx8.)

Your gonna have to make it work on DirectX10 soon... which is on vista only... for vista users.

Anyway Thanks For Making It, and I wish you good luck that you will complete it and make it work without many bugs
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by CookieRevised on 10-23-2006 at 10:46 AM

quote:
You don't need a sniffer for that. You can use the events in Plus!'s scripting engine for that.

quote:
In order to send a message Plus! needs to have the convo in focus. After the message is send the focus of the previous application/window is restored. That is: if you use Plus!'s method to send a message.

If you use another method (Windows API call or the likes) similar things could happen.
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 10-23-2006 at 09:15 PM

Just to give you a heads up...

Warcraft is directx8.. I got my program working to get msgs in game. Here's a screenshot. It's in portuguese but it gives you the idea. The looks are extremely simple for now. I can do transparent boxes and change font sizes and colors..

What I haven't mannaged to do just yet is to send a msg from the game to msn without losing focus on the game :/

And from what it looks I simply can't get to that. It's above my head to program a proxy tool to talk to the swichboard and nobody seems to want the challenge either :)

My program also works on CS-Source.

I'm still researching about this proxy thing but if I decide to give up (which should be sometime soon) I'll post the code and dlls of my program so you can at least see your msgs.

Have fun

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Baggins on 10-23-2006 at 09:25 PM

i think it might be possible with very advanced api calls

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 10-23-2006 at 10:09 PM

If you have a theory on how... please enlighten us :)

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 10-25-2006 at 09:25 AM

mmm... looks good on wc3... I noticed you get the messages on the top. what happens when your playing an actual game?

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 10-25-2006 at 02:47 PM

I can change the location.. :)
I put it where it looks best in WC since there's a menu on the same spot during game play.

I'm almost to it.. I found a way to send messages without stealing focus but the message comes with the text and 30 space blanks after so I'm trying to fix that.

I'll keep you posted.

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 10-29-2006 at 09:19 AM

well I was thinking of putting it like where the chat message normally goes and it would say something like MR X (MSN) Says: blah blah blah

for most games. And if you could make it into more of an xfire like thing where you can open up MSN in game. after you are done with the basics that is

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 10-31-2006 at 10:05 PM

Hey there...

I've found a way to overcome the pop up when I send msgs thing. My problem was on the Wnd.OpenChat command.. that brings up the window to front and sends the texto to it. The workaround was to iterate through all the open chat windows until I find the nickname I want to send msg to and then send a message in that window.   The down side is that you must have the window opened before you talk to the person (meaning he has to send you a msg before you talk to him or you have to open empty chat windows with everyone you intend to talk to) The other way of doing this.. though  the active acessibility is out of my league so for now this'll stay that way.

I've also made it so that you can chose between two places and color schemes.. I made two so that I could change to location A while I'm in the searching for game window and then switch to location B while I play since the best spot for each situation is different. I'm sure I can make it so that you can customize where to show, how big of a font, the color, black background, transparency and ... size of the text box.

I don't think I can do stuff like xFire where you have a pop up in the middle of the game that accepts clicks and whatnot.. but surely that's a good idea and I'll look into it.

So far I have tested with warcraft and cs-source.. it works fine.

There's another downside that you might want to know before you start getting your expectations up.. the way I found to send msgs from inside the game to msn was to have a script sniff all the messages going out the game port and match my command (!msn <nickname> <msg>) and then it sends through the regular script functions. Down side: everyone reads what you sent (since it's in game chat) My next step on this direction is to create a keyboard hook to "find out" when the first 4 letters I type are !msn and then redirect the keystrokes to my program instead of the regular place it goes :)

Lots of plans... lacking lots of knowledge.

If anyone is reading this and wants to give me a hand I'll be glad to receive some help.

Thanks

ps: please don't point posts about keyboard hooks in c++.. I only understand VB.net :)

RE: RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 11-01-2006 at 06:23 AM

quote:
Hey there...

I've found a way to overcome the pop up when I send msgs thing. My problem was on the Wnd.OpenChat command.. that brings up the window to front and sends the texto to it. The workaround was to iterate through all the open chat windows until I find the nickname I want to send msg to and then send a message in that window.   The down side is that you must have the window opened before you talk to the person (meaning he has to send you a msg before you talk to him or you have to open empty chat windows with everyone you intend to talk to) The other way of doing this.. though  the active acessibility is out of my league so for now this'll stay that way.

I've also made it so that you can chose between two places and color schemes.. I made two so that I could change to location A while I'm in the searching for game window and then switch to location B while I play since the best spot for each situation is different. I'm sure I can make it so that you can customize where to show, how big of a font, the color, black background, transparency and ... size of the text box.

I don't think I can do stuff like xFire where you have a pop up in the middle of the game that accepts clicks and whatnot.. but surely that's a good idea and I'll look into it.

So far I have tested with warcraft and cs-source.. it works fine.

There's another downside that you might want to know before you start getting your expectations up.. the way I found to send msgs from inside the game to msn was to have a script sniff all the messages going out the game port and match my command (!msn <nickname> <msg>) and then it sends through the regular script functions. Down side: everyone reads what you sent (since it's in game chat) My next step on this direction is to create a keyboard hook to "find out" when the first 4 letters I type are !msn and then redirect the keystrokes to my program instead of the regular place it goes :)

Lots of plans... lacking lots of knowledge.

If anyone is reading this and wants to give me a hand I'll be glad to receive some help.

Thanks

ps: please don't point posts about keyboard hooks in c++.. I only understand VB.net :)

I don't mind any of that but.. when you type <nickname> name bit does it have to be the full nickname or email or what?

Anyway sounds good keep up the good work
RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 11-01-2006 at 01:01 PM

I've made it so that I can add nicknames instead of email.. so if you type !add SoulJah footsemail@hotmail.net then you can type !msn SoulJah hey there instead of the email.

Still trying to do keyboard hook now ;)

Will keep you posted

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 11-04-2006 at 10:24 PM

Alright sounds good then =D just wondering what if the person uses an emotion? does it appear in game? and also a wink (even though no one uses those) and what about handwritting?

And if that person made there name in colour is it in colour in game or does it come up all in this code?

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by CookieRevised on 11-05-2006 at 05:52 PM

emoticons are graphics, not text
winks are flash movies, not text
handwriting are graphics, not text
color are just textual codes, they need to be interpreted.

In other words, any stuff which isn't pure text will not be shown unless it is interpreted in the program/tool/addon itself.

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 11-05-2006 at 10:40 PM

As Cookie said.. anything that is not text will have to be interpreted by my program and the script.

I also have some news... I made a keyboard hook so that I don't have to send my chat to the game anymore. So we don't have the problem of people reading our talks anymore.

What I'm trying to do now is understand directx so I can input graphics and whatnot. So far all I can do is text :)

I'm sorry the project is taking so long but I don't want to send you this stuff before I KNOW that it's safe. It's using keyboard and mouse hooks, net sockets, net sniffing and data injection... quite a bunch of "bad stuff".

Will keep you posted.

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by felipEx on 11-07-2006 at 12:02 AM

i did it, but i have a problem..
the Plus! menu is always visible :S

[Image: fullscreenchat.png]

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 11-07-2006 at 12:02 PM

If you are willing to share your results send them here and I'll see what I can do about the menu ;)

Thanks

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by felipEx on 11-07-2006 at 07:42 PM

to remove menu  :)

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndCreated(ChatWnd)
{
var Menu = Interop.Call("user32","GetMenu", ChatWnd.Handle);

for (var i = 0; i<450; i++)
{
Interop.Call("user32","RemoveMenu", Menu, i, i);
}
}

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Jimbo on 11-07-2006 at 07:44 PM

Am i hearing this right? someone is makeing a script that shows WLM over the top of fullscreen games, if that is what it is. Thats gunna be well good

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by felipEx on 11-07-2006 at 08:00 PM

I'm trying, this removes the title bar, the menu bar, maximizes the window and hides the task bar to be able to see the chat window on fullscreen mode  ;)

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by Deco on 11-07-2006 at 09:24 PM

I think you got it wrong afelipE_scripts...

As far as I understood the initial request.. it was for a script that allowed you to see your msn messages while you are using a full screen game (or program).. not for a full screen chat window.

To acomplish what was asked I have been working for over a month of many different things like data injection, keyboard and mouse hooks... packet sniffing and whatnot. It's a lot of trouble and I'm certain it can't be done through scripts.

There's the Preview Box script but it steals focus from the game and won't show anything after the game is restored. There's the scroll box script but that one keeps flashing in and out of sight and I personally thought it didn't "look" right.

If you wanna join my project or if you are into vb.net or c++ let me know I'll make sure we open a topic somewhere on programming and we can share code.

Thanks!

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by felipEx on 11-08-2006 at 03:49 AM

I don't understand the original idea, but... can i help you? :D

RE: [REQUEST] FullScreen Chat? by FootSoulJah on 12-08-2006 at 10:17 PM

So... Any news on how this is going?