Shoutbox

"Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! (/showthread.php?tid=65247)

"Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by viniciusrsouza on 08-22-2006 at 04:48 PM

Hi there for everybody!

Since I installed Messenger Plus! Live, I noticed that my Windows Live Messenger causes an error when I close it. After this, when I open Windows Media Player an error message appears informing me that all plugins were disabled because the Media Player was not closed correctly. I informed this to a friend and he tested both Messenger Plus! Live and SRS WOW XT together and he experienced the same problem!

Something is going on between Messenger Plus! Live and the SRS WOW XT Plugin for Windows Media Player that is causing an error when closing Live Messenger!

Please, solve this problem! It's so hard to can't use any of the two programs! And the SRS WOW XT Plugin is fantastic! The sound is totally better when it's activated!

Thanks!

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by ShawnZ on 08-29-2006 at 07:26 AM

First, please don't cross-post in multiple threads. Second, could you tell us what the error is?

RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, by viniciusrsouza on 08-31-2006 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
First, please don't cross-post in multiple threads. Second, could you tell us what the error is?

I'm really sorry! I simply thought that no one would help me... =/

The error detail is what I already said. If you use the Windows Media Player SRS WOW XT plugin and use Messenger Plus! Live together, when you close your Windows Live Messenger Windows XP will show you and error windows saying that Windows Live Messenger was closed due to an error. This is shown when Messenger is already closed! After that, when you open Windows Media Player, all plugins are disabled and Windows Media Player informs you that everything was desabled due to and error. Something is happening between SRS WOW XT plugin and Messenger Plus! Live. This is the fact!

Since I removed Messenger Plus! Live, everything is ok! I really can't understand this... =/

The Messenger Plus! Live Staff does not know anything about this?! If they don't now, please, test this feature together with Messenger Plus! Live and you will see!

Thanks for the help! =)

Ps.: If you didn't understand something, please informe me. I will try to splain more clearly!
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by Nagamasa on 08-31-2006 at 01:56 AM

[/offtopic]

quote:
Originally posted by viniciusrsouza
The Messenger Plus! Live Staff does not know anything about this?

Messenger Plus! (Live) was made by one and only person: Patchou. There is no staff.

Obviously, no one knows about this (unless Patchou doesn't want the world to know).[/offtopic]

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Second, could you tell us what the error is?

I think what he means is an error code (if any) or a scrennie.
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by viniciusrsouza on 09-03-2006 at 02:26 AM

No, no... any error code and anything else appears. Just the small error information windows from Windows XP telling me that Messenger was closed due to an error.

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by Matti on 09-03-2006 at 07:32 AM

Can you try to disable the SRS WOW Effects and see if it works? Do you have the Messenger Music plugin enabled in Windows Media Player? What version of WMP are you using?

RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by viniciusrsouza on 09-04-2006 at 06:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Can you try to disable the SRS WOW Effects and see if it works? Do you have the Messenger Music plugin enabled in Windows Media Player? What version of WMP are you using?

I already did this! When I disable SRS plugin the error does not occurs. The Messenger Mus Plugin is enabled also. My WMP version is 10, but if I use the newest (and still Beta) version, 11, the error happens too.

The fact is that anything is happening between Messenger Plus! Live and SRS WOW XT Plugin and the Messenger Music Plugin. Messenger Plus! Messenger is causing an error on Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player when Messenger is closed. If I disable SRS Plugin, nothing happens. If I use only SRS Plugin (like what I'm doing now), everything is perfect! My friend did the same thing and tested. The result was the same! On his PC, he had the same problem!

I just hope so (and, so... so... so...) much that this bug can be eliminated from the next Messenger Plus! Live released and that the Beta Testers and/or the creator is aware of this boring bug, 'cause I want a lot to use Messenger Plus! Live again! I need it so much, but I use a lot more the SRS WOW XT Plugin! Even because the sound quality generated by it is fantastic!
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel by viniciusrsouza on 09-07-2006 at 10:27 PM

Anyone with any kind of news?!

Does anyone knows if there is a new version to be released?

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by Astynax on 09-08-2006 at 06:17 AM

wait for an update,

i've noticed that the SRS CSII plugin is broken in WMP 11...

RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, by viniciusrsouza on 09-09-2006 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20
wait for an update,

But the fact is that, at least, SRS WOW XT plugin for Windows Media Player (even using WMP 11, as I am) is working so fine! I even, due to an upgrade here, had to format my hard disk and installed everything again, including SRS WOW XT and WMP 11! Everything continue to run so fine! Perfectly!

But if I install Messenger Plus! Live, I'm pretty sure that, when I close my Windows Live Messenger, that famous small error windows from Windows XP will appear "saying" that Windows Live Messenger had to be closed due to an error! This happens AFTER I already closed Windows Live Messenger!

Than, the next time I open WMP 11, that error window from WMP appears informing me that, due to a problem, ALL codecs were disabled!

So, something is really going on when someone install both "SRS WOW XT plugin for Windows Media Player" and "Messenger Plus! Live".

Guys, try testing it! If all of you want, I can upload SRS WOW XT plugin for all of you here download it and test it! You will understand perfectly what's going on here. Beyond this, maybe we, together, can find a solution to this problem!

And I'm sure you all will like so much this plugin, 'cause the sound is really and really improved when using this feature!

I'll find any website to upload it! Just wait! =)
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by Astynax on 09-10-2006 at 07:29 AM

its likely a conflict between the WMP for WLM Plugin and the SRS Plugin

RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, by viniciusrsouza on 09-10-2006 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yourmama_20
its likely a conflict between the WMP for WLM Plugin and the SRS Plugin

Well, I really think this is not the case. Simply because I'm using, since about a week, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player 11 with the SRS Plugin installed without any kind of problem, error or bug!

But if I install Messenger Plus! Live, that bug will appear again!

Please, moderators, Plus! Staff or anyone who can inform this bug for the creator of Messenger Plus! Live, help me! Let's try to solve this bug! It's pretty hard to use Windows Live Messenger without Plus! just because it's causing an error with the SRS Plugin, that's is so much great!

Thank you all for the patience and for the help!
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel by viniciusrsouza on 10-09-2006 at 04:38 AM

Any news about any new version of Messenger Plus! Live?

It's really hard to use Messenger and can't use Messenger Plus! Live... =/

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel by viniciusrsouza on 11-12-2006 at 02:19 AM

New version is out!

I will test it and inform you all about this bug and if it's solved or not!

In my opinion, as the creator probably would never be here to read our problems, I think it's NOT solved. But, anyway, I still have hope...

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by Patchou on 11-12-2006 at 03:40 AM

I do read about everybody's problem and I did read about yours a month ago. If the new version doesn't fix your problem, please send me an email at mplus@patchou.com after verifying that it really is the combination of both Plus! Live and your SMS plugin that causes the error (meaning that uninstalling one or the other always solves the problem).

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by viniciusrsouza on 11-13-2006 at 02:53 AM

Thanks and sorry about my comment. It was due to my lack of information about any help for this bug and due to the huge number of problems here, as, in my opinion, it would be so much difficult to follow all requests made here.

And, well, now I can say without any doubt that Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta and Windows Media Player 11 using "SRS WOW XT" plug-in are workin absolutely fine WITHOUT Messenger Plus! Live 4.10, which I did not installed yet! What I'm sure is that Windows Live Messenger 8.0 and Windows Media Player 11 using "SRS WOW XT" plug-in work fine together WITHOUT Messenger Plus Live 4.01 also. The fact is that, until last version, Messenger Plus! Live was causing the crash, as unnistalling it simply solves the problem.

Now I will test Windows Live Messenger 8.1 and this new version of Messenger Plus! Live and check it with SRS WOW XT plug-in for Media Player! Now I'm using both WLM 8.1 and SRS WOW XT and everything is perfect! Now I will check what happens using Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 and if there is any kind of conflict between them.

Patchou, do you want SRS WOW XT to test it together with Messenger Plus! Live? It's a pretty simple and small plug-in that really makes Windows Media Player sound quality so much better! It's a must use plug-in if you like Windows Media Player, specially the most recent one, the  Windows Media Player 11 version!

I will send to your e-mail right now! Please, notify me when you receive it, as I can send you again if necessary!

Thanks for the help...

...sorry about this long text!

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by Patchou on 11-13-2006 at 08:03 AM

Thanks for the email, I'll check thaqt out. Meanwhile, please do the tests you can and post the results here so that it can be useful to more people :). I'll install the plugin myself and see what I can do with it.

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel by viniciusrsouza on 11-13-2006 at 01:50 PM

Ok! Enjoy it! It's a really good plug-in!

Until this moment I didn't fing any conflict between MPL and SRS plug-in. Everything seems to be fine.

I just didn't discover yet what happened to my Windows Media Player disable all plug-ins, as was happening before! I didn't see any error when closing Messenger and any kind of message was displayed by Media Player notifying me about any error and that the plug-ins were disabled due to oa problem! Quite strange... =/

Anyway, I will make more and more tests!

=================================

Edit:

Oh! And please, use it with Messenger 8.0 and the previous version of Messenger Plus! Live, as you will understand what's happening!

Well, I'm sorry... the problem was NOT solved! =/

I confirmed right now that Windows Media Player is still disabling all plug-ins when you use SRS WOW XT for WMP and Messenger Plus! Live together. The unique difference is that no error message appears when you close Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta, but when you have Messenger Plus! Live installed and listen to musics using SRS for Media Player, in the next time you open Windows Media Player you will be notified that Media Player was not closed correcty and, due to that, all plug-ins were disabled!

Well, at least I think that the problem is not so huge right now, as Messenger does not inform anything about any problem (as last version did), but is obvious that something "inside" Messenger Plus! Live is conflicting with this Windows Media Player plug-in when they work together!

If you use just Media Player or just Messenger, nothing happens. But if you use them together, than you will see the bug! And Note that the problem just appears when you close Media Player and open it again!

That's all that I can say and detail. Patchou, if you use Skype and want to talk about this and more details, can you add me? I can send my Skype ID to you by e-mail. Using voice is better!

Bye!
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by viniciusrsouza on 11-14-2006 at 10:17 PM

I just sent an e-mail to you Patchou. If you didn't receive it, please inform me here!

Bye! Thanks for the attention and for the help.

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by Patchou on 11-16-2006 at 06:21 AM

Thank you for the emails and all the explanations.

I've installed the plugin and tried my best to produce an error with both Messenger 8.0 and 8.1 without any success, everything keeps working fine. Can anyone else here try and post the results here? Thanks.

RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, by viniciusrsouza on 11-16-2006 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Thank you for the emails and all the explanations.

I've installed the plugin and tried my best to produce an error with both Messenger 8.0 and 8.1 without any success, everything keeps working fine. Can anyone else here try and post the results here? Thanks.

Did you played any music while using Live Messenger and using the "Show Playing Music" option inside Messenger?

Did you test using Windows XP Professional SP2 too? I did this test with two friends of mine using this version of Windows and we experienced the same problem!

The fact is that the problem only occurs if you are using Live Messenger and play any music and use the SRS WOW XT plug-in. Both Messenger Plus! Live and SRS WOW XT plug-in must work together! So, when both applications are shut down and the next time you open Windows Media Player, you will see that all plug-ins were closed and an error is informed. =/
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel by viniciusrsouza on 11-22-2006 at 02:34 PM

Patchou, does you use a PCI sound card, like Creative and etc? Or onboard sound?

I'm starting to "investigate" if this problem only occurs on onboard sound...

RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, help! by Patchou on 11-22-2006 at 05:13 PM

Yep; I did enqble the option in Messenger and I did try in XP SP2.

The sound card I'm using is  PCI Creative X-Fi.
Id like other people to try it out and post their results here if possible too :)

RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, by viniciusrsouza on 11-22-2006 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Yep; I did enqble the option in Messenger and I did try in XP SP2.

The sound card I'm using is  PCI Creative X-Fi.
Id like other people to try it out and post their results here if possible too :)

Nice sound card! =)

I will try to test using one of the Creative Audigy sound card. Even because I really need a great sound card, as I'm experiencing some audio problems when I run some games... =/ So, when I install a new sound card, I will test again.

But the fact is that I tested using two differents motherboards, so, two differents onboard sound cards! And, even, two friends of mine did the test and the same thing happened (and they use onboard soundcard too).

I hope some other people try it out too! Every kind of help would be really appreciated!
RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, by Salem on 11-23-2006 at 09:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Astynax
wait for an update,

SRS CSII works perfectly here using WMP 11
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel by viniciusrsouza on 11-23-2006 at 03:33 PM

And SRS WOW XT works perfectly here using Media Player 11 also! =P

Salem, did you test SRS WOW XT to check if there is any problem out there?

Edit: Of course, using it together with Messenger Plus! Live.

RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, by Salem on 11-23-2006 at 08:20 PM

quote:

No, i haven't yet. But will give it a try
RE: RE: RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Ple by viniciusrsouza on 11-24-2006 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
quote:

No, i haven't yet. But will give it a try

Thanks SO much!

Please inform us if there is any problem when you use Windows Media Player after closing Windows Live Messenger!

Here, as I said, all plug-ins are disabled due to an error when I use Media Player and Live Messenger at the same time.
RE: "Messenger Plus! Live" and "SRS WOW XT for Windows Media Player" bug. Please, hel by viniciusrsouza on 12-20-2006 at 04:24 AM

Guys, I think the problem is over when using this new version of MPL.

I just had the same problem one time, or twice, but never more. I think Messenger Plus! Live and SRS WOW XT plug-in for Media Player are not conflicting between each other anymore.

I hope everything continues to work OK!

And thanks for the help from everybody!