Shoutbox

[request] flash color - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] flash color (/showthread.php?tid=65274)

[request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-23-2006 at 09:53 AM

is it possible to change the colour of  the flashing messenger in task bar?

RE: [request] flash color by hmaster on 08-23-2006 at 10:17 AM

Use a visual style?

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-23-2006 at 10:18 AM

can a script be made to do this

RE: [request] flash color by alexp2_ad on 08-23-2006 at 10:41 AM

No.  The colour depends on the Theme you are using.  Some themes even have a little LED look-a-like thing that flashes instead of a different colour.  So it depends too much on your visual style.

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-23-2006 at 10:43 AM

ok

thanks

RE: [request] flash color by boston on 08-23-2006 at 10:45 AM

visual style whats that
sorry if im stupid

RE: RE: [request] flash color by alexp2_ad on 08-23-2006 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by boston
visual style whats that
sorry if im stupid

The windows theme you are using.  It changes the appearance of windows and the start bar and such.  You can download new ones from DeviantArt and WinCustomize.  But you need to either patch windows or use a program like StyleXP or WindowBlinds to use themes not made by microsoft.

One theme you can get without doing that is the Royale  Theme made by microsoft.
RE: [request] flash color by RaceProUK on 08-23-2006 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
No.  The colour depends on the Theme you are using.  Some themes even have a little LED look-a-like thing that flashes instead of a different colour.  So it depends too much on your visual style.
Although with a DLL and some hooking trickery, it may be possible to alter the colour. However, such a task won't be easy at all.
RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-23-2006 at 10:53 AM

if someone could spend time making this script to altar the colour i would be forever grateful

RE: RE: [request] flash color by alexp2_ad on 08-23-2006 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
Although with a DLL and some hooking trickery, it may be possible to alter the colour. However, such a task won't be easy at all.

But surely that would only be possible when you know that the theme is?  Or you might get the default windows flashing but in another colour, over the top of some other visual style. :P
RE: [request] flash color by stuartbennett on 08-25-2006 at 07:12 PM

i too would also be grateful if this could be made into a script.

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-29-2006 at 06:56 PM

Please can someone make this script. I, and im sure, many other people will be very very very grateful

RE: [request] flash color by cloudhunter on 08-29-2006 at 07:11 PM

I doubt anyone is gonna spend hours of work to do this. It will require hooking, wont be reliable, and is dependant on knowing the theme most likely, and people use different themes. There are in fact 3 themes shipped with Windows XP, not including classic.

Cloudy

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-29-2006 at 07:12 PM

can't they all be interpreted into the script?

RE: [request] flash color by cloudhunter on 08-29-2006 at 07:29 PM

Yes, the script could detect each one of these themes, But the problem is it requires advanced programming in any language, nevermind Jscript. It would most likely require an external DLL to hook the task bar.

Cloudy

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-29-2006 at 07:33 PM

maybe there could be a configuration window where you chose what theme you had?

RE: [request] flash color by cloudhunter on 08-29-2006 at 07:35 PM

It doesn't matter if it had a configuration window. Even if you knew that 100% of people would be using the XP Luna Blue theme, It would still be a very hard script. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like this would be very hard to do.

Cloudy

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-29-2006 at 07:37 PM

yes, it would be very hard to do, but it would definately be worth it
i know at least 50 people who want something like this
if someone does make it, everyone would be so grateful to them and i bet it would get downloaded like 1000s of times

RE: [request] flash color by Chris4 on 08-29-2006 at 07:40 PM

Why do you want to change the colour anyway? What's the point?

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-29-2006 at 07:47 PM

because i could customize it for different contacts

eg:
x1@hotmail.com--flashes green
x2@hotmail.com--flashes red

ETC

or i think having a different colour will look a lot better (even if you won't be able to customize it for different contacts0

RE: [request] flash color by dylan! on 08-29-2006 at 07:51 PM

don't double post... to me this sounds like a pointless idea... it would be too hard for such a little idea....

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-29-2006 at 07:54 PM

(N)a little idea,yes :( (Y) but a huge success!:D

RE: [request] flash color by dylan! on 08-29-2006 at 07:56 PM

that sounds soooo cheesy... give it up if someone wanted to they would have posted by now...and eve if theres 50 people that like it and 1000's of downloads... thats nothing... theres billions of people over the internet...just give up :undecided:

RE: [request] flash color by Jimbo on 08-29-2006 at 07:58 PM

ok:'(

RE: [request] flash color by artfuldodga on 08-29-2006 at 08:05 PM

Hmm, different color Flashing Windows per Contact in the system tray... I like the idea :) It could be something for Patchou to consider building into Plus! maybe Suggest that.

RE: [request] flash color by cloudhunter on 08-29-2006 at 08:06 PM

There would still be no point. The contacts remain in their same order on the titlebar, just look for a flash on that section of the taskbar.

Cloudy

RE: [request] flash color by Oxy on 08-29-2006 at 08:17 PM

Well as said, it's unlikly something like that is going to happen, but i'm sure (and don't hold me to this!) that there is a way to change the sound of a messages recieved for different contacts..

If not, it would be a nice idea for a script.:O