Shoutbox

[Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th (/showthread.php?tid=65275)

[Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by user13774 on 08-23-2006 at 09:56 AM

RicarDog finally released a MP!Live version of his popular File Transfer Plus plugin! :banana:

:: Description, current version and latest release notes ::

• The built-in feature in Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger to send files is very limited and does not use the full available bandwidth for the transfer. The File Transfer Plus script solves these limitations by providing more functionality and features. For a full list of features, wait for a FINAL release or check the feature list in the old File Transfer Plus plugin thread.

• Current version: 1.1 PR 060830

• Release notes:
    quote:
    Originally posted by RicarDog
    Hello,

I've finally got some time to work on a script for Messenger Plus! Live. It's based on the 1.1 version, but there are still some features disabled.

You can download it here:
    http://www.filetransferplus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39

This build will not be automatically updated so be sure to check this forum once in a while.

Please tell my any problems you encounter. Thanks!

:: Download ::

[Image: icon_download_product_large_ani.gif] Download File Transfer Plus Live (Pre-Release)

:: Installation instructions ::

Also applies to upgrading
  • Run the File Transfer Plus! script and follow on-screen instructions
:: Developer Info ::

:: Notes ::
  • THIS IS ONLY A PRE-RELEASE. The script still contains bugs and not all features are currently availabe.
    PLEASE only posts bugs in this thread. This thread is only for testing the Pre-Release versions. RicarDog will start a new thread as soon as he has a final release (so he can update the first post himself ;)).
    If you got questions like 'Why isn't it working for me?' or if you need help setting it up, read the old File Transfer Plus plugin thread or check the official File Transfer Plus forum
:: Version history ::
  • 1.1 PR 060830
    - Catch events and conditional send are now working again. There are just some minor/cosmetic issues left before the official release.
  • 1.1 PR 060827
    - Updated so auto-accept list works again. Only "catch events" is still missing from 1.1, which will be done in the next update.
  • 1.1 PR 060825
    - Should fix "file not found" problem during first launch and some other issues with Plus menus / commands.
  • 1.1 PR 060824
    - Should fix all problems encountered so far.
  • 1.1 PRE-RELEASE
    - Initial release of File Transfer Plus for Messenger Plus! Live. Version based on 1.1.11.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by Menthix on 08-23-2006 at 11:37 AM

Both "send file" and "configure" are not working for me in both contactlist and conversation window menus. Whe I click it nothing happens. In other words, I'm not able to use this script at all.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by Jiggs on 08-23-2006 at 12:08 PM

same here

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by Jimbo on 08-23-2006 at 12:20 PM

thanks

i used the plugin so i will definately use this script

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by alexp2_ad on 08-23-2006 at 12:21 PM

Configure works for me.  Send File doesn't.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by jmccarroll on 08-23-2006 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Both "send file" and "configure" are not working for me in both contactlist and conversation window menus. Whe I click it nothing happens. In other words, I'm not able to use this script at all.
Same
RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by RicarDog on 08-23-2006 at 02:23 PM

Does it work if you use the commands /xtpsend and /xtpconfig?

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by Menthix on 08-23-2006 at 02:30 PM

Nope

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by jmccarroll on 08-23-2006 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Does it work if you use the commands /xtpsend and /xtpconfig?
Not here.
RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by RicarDog on 08-23-2006 at 02:55 PM

I've made a change on it which might fix the problem, please download it again. First disable the plugin in Plus! preferences, then restart Messenger, then use the Remove button in Plus! preferences to remove it, then run the plugin installer.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by Eljay on 08-23-2006 at 03:01 PM

still doesnt work, although looking at debug console and the source, it appears you call fso.Run() instead of Shell.Run() in initialize, changing this fixed it :P

RE: RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by RicarDog on 08-23-2006 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
still doesnt work, although looking at debug console and the source, it appears you call fso.Run() instead of Shell.Run() in initialize, changing this fixed it :P

ooops :$

fixed, thanks (Y)
RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by matty on 08-23-2006 at 05:26 PM

There is a small error in the scripting on line 33:

Change :

code:
fso.Run("regsvr32 /s SSubTmr6.dll");

to:

code:
fso.Run("regsvr32 /s \""+ sys32 + "\\SSubTmr6.dll\"");

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by user13774 on 08-23-2006 at 06:06 PM

Matty, are you sure you are looking at the most recent version?
On line 34 I have:

code:
Shell.Run("regsvr32 /s SSubTmr6.dll");
if that is what you mean.

For me, when I try to send a file, I get no FT+ window. I go to the Plus! icon -> File Transfer Plus 1.1 -> Send file. Then I select a file and press 'open' but then nothing happens.

If I type /xsendfile and press enter and select a file, I get a 'This command is not recognized' thing.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by Ezra on 08-23-2006 at 06:18 PM

When I try to send anything I get File not Found Line 118.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by user13774 on 08-23-2006 at 08:45 PM

-- Please hold and wait for a new release --

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by Jiggs on 08-23-2006 at 11:59 PM

wont work for me. seems to work, but a connection is never made with my contact. he doesnt get the request. both have the script installed

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by user13774 on 08-24-2006 at 10:23 AM

-- Please hold and wait for a new release --

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! by RicarDog on 08-24-2006 at 01:30 PM

I've released a new version today which should fix all problems encountered so far.

Check http://www.filetransferplus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
There is a small error in the scripting on line 33:

Change :

code:
fso.Run("regsvr32 /s SSubTmr6.dll");

to:

code:
fso.Run("regsvr32 /s \""+ sys32 + "\\SSubTmr6.dll\"");

This is actually not required since regsvr32 by default searches the system folder.
RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 24th by Felu on 08-24-2006 at 02:37 PM

The new version doesn't export [Image: msn_sad.gif]. It says error while exporting Script Files(anyways ill fix that for myself Fixed it) The file cannot be overwrited :(. Also instead of naming the script as File Transfer Plus 1.1 use File Transfer Plus so that one doesn't need to delete the old script while updating to the new one :cheesy:.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 24th by RicarDog on 08-24-2006 at 03:28 PM

I forgot to say that you have to uninstall the script and restart Messenger before updating, that is probably the cause of your problem. Please tell me if it works after that.

I use the version number in the name because the new version won't be compatible with 1.1, so you may have both loaded until everyone upgrades.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 24th by RicarDog on 08-25-2006 at 06:59 PM

Script updated today with more fixes.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by user13774 on 08-31-2006 at 09:52 AM

Updated August 30th (1.1 PR 060830):

• 1.1 PR 060830
    - Catch events and conditional send are now working again. There are just some minor/cosmetic issues left before the official release.
  • 1.1 PR 060827
    - Updated so auto-accept list works again. Only "catch events" is still missing from 1.1, which will be done in the next update.

See first post for more info.
RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by Terr on 09-02-2006 at 11:07 AM

argh, it's very frustrating to not see any other people with this problem. It just doesn't work here. After i installed the program msn is still the same, nothing changed. Those options that are spoken off aren't there and i wonder why. It's like it isn't installed. I did it exactly as how it's written and in the help file there is nothing about this. Maybe because i recently updated live to a newer version and it's not supported? help me out please

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by user13774 on 09-02-2006 at 11:09 AM

Windows version? Windows live messenger version? Msgplus Live version?

RE: RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by Terr on 09-02-2006 at 11:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Windows version? Windows live messenger version? Msgplus Live version?

Windows Live Msg plus Version. And i read that it's a script and you may have to manually import it? i can't find a .plsc file though.
RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by user13774 on 09-02-2006 at 11:18 AM

That's not what I mean...
What version of Windows are you using etc...
Typ (!VER) in a conversation window and copy paste the result here. Like this:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.00.0812
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01.0.240

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by Terr on 09-02-2006 at 11:19 AM

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
Windows Live Messenger 8.00.0812
Messenger Plus! Live 4.01.0.240

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by user13774 on 09-02-2006 at 11:37 AM

Did you install it correctly?

Did you get this screen?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=723430]

RE: RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by Terr on 09-02-2006 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Did you install it correctly?

Did you get this screen?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=723430]

I never got that screen :S

I start TransferPlusSetup11RELEASE.exe, install and it installs like you install winrar/winzip. No screen like that, also not when you open messenger.
RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by user13774 on 09-02-2006 at 11:57 AM

You got the wrong version then. TransferPlusSetup11RELEASE.exe is for MSN Messenger 7 and Msgplus 3. Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and remove the File Transfer Plus 1.1.

Then download the SCRIPT using this link:
http://www.filetransferplus.com/pre/FileTransferPlus060830.plsc

(NOTE: make sure you download it as an PLSC file. If you use Internet Explorer, it will suggest to download it as a zip file. If that happens select save as all files in the save dialog window and add .plsc to the file name)

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by Terr on 09-02-2006 at 12:00 PM

Thank you so much Markus, it works now :) Do i send files just like i did before?

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by ForestPlus! on 09-04-2006 at 08:01 AM

Fantastic script, i never used the plug-in, but now i sure wish i did :P

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by user13774 on 09-16-2006 at 04:43 PM

There is still an issue when using multiple accounts in WLM.

When a user logged out, before you logged in, FT+ is not working correctly. It shows the email address of the user who was logged on before you on the "From: *****@hotmail.com"-line when you try to send a file. The other person however will be able to receive that file. When someone else tries to send you a file the FT+ window won't pop up.

A workaround is to restart WLM.

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by V@no on 09-20-2006 at 03:56 AM

Exelent plugin!
Though, there are some strange things going on...
I couldnt reproduce it, but my buddy is having issue when he has to manualy send "message" about the file in order to send a file. (Normaly when you send a file, you see some details about the transaction (filename, size, IP, etc), he see these details, but not in the message window, but in the message input field, and he has to hit ENTER button before the file sending begin)
After some testing the settings, he came to conclusion that if he uncheck the "Encrypt IP" checkbox, this issue comes up, once its ticked, no such issue...

Another problem we've experienced during our tests, is that the applet dies when a text file renamed as .avi (create a new text file, type someting in it, then rename extension to .avi)

Now, if I may, I'd like to request something.
Since this plugin can save files in different folders, its a good idea leave the download window opened after the transfer, so you can click on open or open folder button. But, when you send something, it also leave window opened - that I'd like to see changed, because there are not much chance one would need to open that file or folder...

Thank you very much for this exelent plugin!

P.S. why does this plugin uses two different registry paths to store settings?

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by RicarDog on 09-20-2006 at 02:41 PM

I can't consistently reproduce the message issue. I've seen it before but only when using passive mode. Is he typing the send command directly or clicking on Send File menu item?

I'll try to reproduce the .avi error when I get home.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm adding it on the next version 1.2!

The different registry paths are used for backwards compatibility with Plus! 3 and previous versions of the plugin. This will be fixed in the next version.

RE: RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by V@no on 09-20-2006 at 10:48 PM

quote:
I can't consistently reproduce the message issue. I've seen it before but only when using passive mode.
At first we also thought it was because I had to use passive mode and he didnt...but after some more tests it turned out to be false.

quote:
Originally posted by RicarDog Is he typing the send command directly or clicking on Send File menu item?

No, he was using drag'n drop feature, I'm pretty sure about that...

Speaking of drag'n drop - when chat window is not in focus and you are trying to drag'n drop file in it, you can see that the place you move your file into is highlited (border or input field), but once you droped the file nothing happend, only the chat window got in focus and you have to do it again while it still in focus...is this WLM, MPL or FTP problem?

Another request, if I may ;)
When something happend and transfer stops with message "transfer incomplete" it would be very usefull to know what was reason it stoped, either connection issue or the other side canceled the transfer.

Thanks again, can't wait for the final version :D
RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by jerone on 10-08-2006 at 10:59 PM

final version all ready yet???

RE: [Pre-Release] File Transfer Plus Live! - Updated August 30th by MoonGoose on 10-21-2006 at 06:56 PM

Configure works well......nobody online right now, test it later......