Shoutbox

after installing msn 8.0, it didn;t work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: after installing msn 8.0, it didn;t work (/showthread.php?tid=65327)

after installing msn 8.0, it didn;t work by ohlala on 08-24-2006 at 04:46 PM

it said to restart my computer and the installation will be complete and i restarted it and its still msn 7.5. and not 8.0 and theres no plug ins installed and i downloaded that too. ?

RE: after installing msn 8.0, it didn;t work by artfuldodga on 08-24-2006 at 05:41 PM

you should remove 7.5 first & then install windows live messenger 8.0

* you can also, rename MSN Messenger 7.5's program folder to something like .../MSN7.5... while its shut down, then install live messenger 8.0 .. and you should have both programs then.

as for upgrading from 7.5... to WLM, problems can arrise.. im sure,

I would repair MSN Messenger right now, and then uninstall it.. restart & install WLM.

RE: after installing msn 8.0, it didn;t work by RaceProUK on 08-25-2006 at 10:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by artfuldodga
you should remove 7.5 first & then install windows live messenger 8.0
Not necessary. WLM will just install over MSN 7.5.

Though it's worth a try anyway.
RE: after installing msn 8.0, it didn;t work by Zappam on 08-25-2006 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ohlala
it said to restart my computer and the installation will be complete and i restarted it and its still msn 7.5. and not 8.0 and theres no plug ins installed and i downloaded that too. ?

The best thing to do is:
- Uninstall MSN 7.5, MSN 8.0, Msg+ 3, Msg+ LIVE.
- Delete the folders or MSN 7.5, 8.0, Msg+ 3, LIVE in C:\Program Files\.
- Install MSN 7.5 or 8.0 with the appropriated Msg+ version, everything should work.

Try to be a little bit more clear next time, difficult to understand. o_o