Shoutbox

friend list of contact? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: friend list of contact? (/showthread.php?tid=65334)

friend list of contact? by Dragunov on 08-24-2006 at 06:54 PM

I can choose to see the friend list of my contact?

But if a contact of me click on this to see on my friend list, can they just see my list?

Cause don't want this, most of my contacts want to stay private, cause they are my friends and not those of collegues and such

Thanks

RE: friend list of contact? by Jimcando on 08-24-2006 at 06:55 PM

You have to choose which of your contacts you wish to be shown on your Friends List. If you havent chosen anyone, noone will be able to tell who you've got on your contact list, don't worry.

RE: friend list of contact? by Dragunov on 08-24-2006 at 07:00 PM

how can u check this? :)

RE: friend list of contact? by artfuldodga on 08-24-2006 at 07:06 PM

You can check this via your Live Spaces page, by enabling the Friends Module, if you haven't already... & start adding or not adding contacts  to your Friends list.

There are a few ways to add a Friend to your List, once you have the Module Enabled, I chose adding people that are already on my Contact List. I added ALL of my Contacts...  a little email on your behalf is sent off to thos which you selected.... asking them if they would like to be on your Friends List, they can choose to deny if they want.... or they can choose to Allow, or .. if they themselves do not have a Live Spaces page yet, it asks them .. if they would want to be added to your Friends List, and also .. to Create a Live Space.

You can see who you have on your Friends List, by looking at your Friends Module thats part of your Spaces page, & you can click Explore Friends.

or, you can add yourself to your own Contact List, and check your Friends List, the same as you would anybody else on your List.

RE: friend list of contact? by Dragunov on 08-24-2006 at 07:52 PM

and if u have no space, so no friendlist? :)

RE: friend list of contact? by Jimcando on 08-24-2006 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dragunov
and if u have no space, so no friendlist? :)
You will still have a Friendlist. In the Contact List, click on your Display Name to the right of your picture and select 'Edit My Friends List'.
RE: friend list of contact? by artfuldodga on 08-24-2006 at 08:14 PM

oh, thanks for the tip :) i didn't know about that option yet, you only need a profile to have a friends list correct? & everybody gets a profile?

RE: friend list of contact? by Dragunov on 08-24-2006 at 08:21 PM

No, it tells me I need a space first before I can have a friendlist :)

RE: friend list of contact? by Jimcando on 08-24-2006 at 08:22 PM

:S I don't have a space and I can have a Friend list
EDIT: Oh, I do have a space :P Then I don't know...

RE: friend list of contact? by couragous on 09-11-2006 at 02:00 PM

if I click to view a friend list of a contact will they know that I tried to view their contact list?

RE: friend list of contact? by CookieRevised on 09-11-2006 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by couragous
if I click to view a friend list of a contact will they know that I tried to view their contact list?
Not literally, but there are methods to guess that...

Also, you do NOT see the contact's contactlist!, you see the contact's friendlist.

The friendlist and the contactlist are totally two different things (although the friendlist could in theory contain all the contacts of the contactlist).

It is vital when talking about this (and taking privacy into account) that you don't mix these things. ;)

Note for those who are wondering: yes, you can deny to be shown on your contact's friendlists. As long as you don't give your permission, you wont appear on their friendlist.