Shoutbox

[Request] Contact Specific Display Names? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Contact Specific Display Names? (/showthread.php?tid=65341)

[Request] Contact Specific Display Names? by Keikonium on 08-24-2006 at 09:20 PM

Is there a way to filter my display name so it says one thing for one person, and something else for another?

For example,

I want person one to see "AJ" and person two to see "Keikonium". Is this possible?

RE: [Request] Contact Specific Display Names? by qgroessl on 08-24-2006 at 09:22 PM

Not possible... due to protocol (at least before WLM, MSN couldn't do this) and I don't believe you can.

RE: [Request] Contact Specific Display Names? by cloudhunter on 08-24-2006 at 10:15 PM

The only way of doing this would to use polygamy and have two msn accounts with different names...

Cloudy

RE: [Request] Contact Specific Display Names? by Keikonium on 08-24-2006 at 10:21 PM

Thats what I was afraid of :(. I was thinking cause Chat nicknames were possible, maybe contact specific nicknames were possible.

Thanks for the replies tho guys ^__^ :).

RE: [Request] Contact Specific Display Names? by RaceProUK on 08-25-2006 at 10:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
maybe contact specific nicknames were possible
Within chats, technically yes. But it'd take a bit of work and some packet interception.