Shoutbox

HELP!... Scripts fault - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: HELP!... Scripts fault (/showthread.php?tid=65343)

HELP!... Scripts fault by afromax on 08-24-2006 at 10:04 PM

Greetings! Untill today, i have been happily using and enjoying MSN Live along with Messenger Plus and its scripts. However, the following scripts i have been using:

NickChange
No Guests

have just developed a fault... and i do not know how to get them fixed. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing messenger plus, restoring my system to an earlier date...to no avail.

Trouble is, nothing seems to happen when i click on:

for NickChange - Edit Names List, Start NickChange, or when i hit the OK button on Configure...

Same happens when i hit Allow or Ok on the No Guest...

Please HELP!

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by Sunshine on 08-24-2006 at 10:21 PM

Best thing you can do is uninstall the scripts. Go to Plus > Preferences > General > Scripts....select the script then click Remove button.

If you wish you can redownload them and install again.

Report specific bugs for:
- NickChange in [Release] NickChange 1.1
- Visitor Control/No guests in [Release] Visitor control

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by afromax on 08-24-2006 at 10:27 PM

hey Sunshine! u got tha rite name! ur PROMT response is sure evidence to that... coz i'm real miserable rite now - ma msn's ma baby!!!

however, i have already tried your suggestion... i have removed/deleted all scripts when uninstalling messenger plus, but the problem persists :(

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by Sunshine on 08-24-2006 at 10:28 PM

And wich problem is that exactly? Is it just those scripts not responding or is there more?

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by cloudhunter on 08-24-2006 at 10:29 PM

Well just remove the scripts without uninstalling plus live, then make sure they are gone in the plus folder.

Cloudy

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by afromax on 08-24-2006 at 10:30 PM

the problems stated in my 1st message:

for NickChange - Edit Names List, Start NickChange, or when i hit the OK button on Configure...

Same happens when i hit Allow or Ok on the No Guest...

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by Sunshine on 08-24-2006 at 10:32 PM

Can you install another script (from the Script DB) and tell if that does work?
If you turn off one of the scripts, does the other respond (they might interfere eachother)?

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by afromax on 08-24-2006 at 10:38 PM

i have AnswerPhone FTP, Group Conversation Waring, Linked Chats, Plus Mail, and they all seem to work ok... only NickChange and No Guest causing me trouble. Trouble started after i installed and soon after removed Swimming PSM (guess that's wat it's called)...

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by afromax on 08-24-2006 at 10:40 PM

after uninstalling/removing a script, how do i check that the file is removed from my msn folder??

PS: Sorry about the 'double posting'...

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by cloudhunter on 08-24-2006 at 10:41 PM

Don't double post ;) use the edit button.

Seems like you have a lot of scripts installed. Is there any effect when you disable others?

Cloudy

Btw: Cloudhunter=Guy.

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by Sunshine on 08-24-2006 at 10:46 PM

Still, can you try each script on its own..without any of the others running? This to rule out scripts interfering eachother. You can easily turn them off in Plus! Preferences, simply uncheck the box infront of the script(s).

If they do work separate you turn on the scripts one by one and check if it's still working ok.

I know Swimming Personal Message (i've got it here and used it to see if it worked), but since you uninstalled that script it shouldn't cause you any trouble. You could check if the folder of Swimming PSM got removed from Scripts folder (C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts).

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by afromax on 08-24-2006 at 10:53 PM

It seems Swimming Personal Msg got removed as the folder no longer exists on C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts. i jus checked...

Scripts seem to work ok individually... however, still havin trouble with just NickChange and No Guest.

ok! got cha! lemme try that... usin each script individually... then checkin that Swimming Personal Message is removed... coz i suspect that it must have conflicted with NickChange as they both affect the same 'area' or feature of MSN... what u reckon?

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by Sunshine on 08-24-2006 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by afromax
ok! got cha! lemme try that... usin each script individually... then checkin that Swimming Personal Message is removed... coz i suspect that it must have conflicted with NickChange as they both affect the same 'area' or feature of MSN... what u reckon?
You can't run two scripts on the same area at once (well i wouldn't, surely two scripts editing the same part at same time will cause conflicts). You can have them installed but turn them off when not in use (or if you use the Swimming PSM do not use the PSM function in NickChange).

If those scripts do not work properly when no other script is enabled, so just ChangeNick on it's own or No Guests on its own then those scripts are faulty and should be removed. Before you reinstall them i suggest you exit and restart WLM first. Install and test one by one.
RE: RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by afromax on 08-24-2006 at 11:06 PM

sadly, that's what i did... n suspect that's what's caused this grief... was however hoping restorin my PC 2 a previous date will sort that out... could you kindly send me the file path that shows when u click on 'advanced' under NickChange configure... it no longer appears in the box that pops up...

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
You can't run two scripts on the same area at once. You can have them installed but turn them off when not in use (or if you use the Swimming PSM do not use the PSM function in NickChange).

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by cloudhunter on 08-24-2006 at 11:08 PM

I doubt using a restore point would help...

RE: RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by afromax on 08-24-2006 at 11:09 PM

ait. will do jus this... uninstall then install scripts individually... let u kno what happens...

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
You can't run two scripts on the same area at once (well i wouldn't, surely two scripts editing the same part at same time will cause conflicts). You can have them installed but turn them off when not in use (or if you use the Swimming PSM do not use the PSM function in NickChange).

If those scripts do not work properly when no other script is enabled, so just ChangeNick on it's own or No Guests on its own then those scripts are faulty and should be removed. Before you reinstall them i suggest you exit and restart WLM first. Install and test one by one.

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by Sunshine on 08-24-2006 at 11:10 PM

quote:
... could you kindly send me the file path that shows when u click on 'advanced' under NickChange configure... it no longer appears in the box that pops up...
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\NickChange\1455029432.txt

RE: HELP!... Scripts fault by matty on 08-25-2006 at 02:12 AM

Why has no one had this person open the script debugging window to see where the problem is if its his/her PC or the script.

Goto Plus! > Preferences > Scripts > Enable Script Debugging (check the box) > Apply > Ok

Plus! > Show Script Debugging

Change the script to the ones not working and post here everything that shows in the window.