Shoutbox

Live Chat has became a bad place - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Live Chat has became a bad place (/showthread.php?tid=65380)

Live Chat has became a bad place by Bubble123 on 08-25-2006 at 08:10 PM

Hey people just telling all of you, that i've been noticing the the Live Chat here has became a bad place for helping people, especially when there are some rude people. And when someone asks, they just answered go away, or don't care, and they are NOT helping
I thought it was a nice and clean chat room, i was really disappointed
And those people even swore, talking bad stuff, ...
who agrees with me please leave a comment

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Nathan on 08-25-2006 at 08:14 PM

Maybe,
Because someone else didnt answer you quesin is because they are busy!
You are not no.1 priority in the list. We are not paid to do this in any way and we cannot help all the time. So just be patient And about the swearing a little is allowed then report the person who did it too one of the admins ( the one with the "&" next to his/her name)

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Bubble123 on 08-25-2006 at 08:17 PM

Yeah, but do you know how to report that user to the one of the admins?

thx

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by WDZ on 08-25-2006 at 08:27 PM

Is this thread about irc.msgplus.net? :s

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Lourix on 08-25-2006 at 08:34 PM

I never use irc much but its good to hear your opinion or do you mean shoutbox?

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by *Saint* on 08-25-2006 at 09:00 PM

I'm pretty sure he's talking about this...

http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/chat/
Which I think connects to that IRC one =\

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by stuartbennett on 08-25-2006 at 09:03 PM

personally i wouldnt know what its like in messenger plus's chat room as i have never used it, now then bubble123 if there is rudeness in there i can see why you would be complaining about it, nathan yes people may be busy and yes there is mostly likely a queue however there isnt any reason for anyone to be rude (not that i would know if anyone is being or not) if someone is busy i would hope they would just say something along the lines of "hey there theres a few queries ahead of you but as soon as i get a chance ill come and help you" it doesnt lock the helper down to a time frame for responding and the person needing help doesnt feel victimised. as i said i havent been in the chat room so cant really comment on what it is like, however assuming that nobody would be dishonest here i just thought id post this potential solution to the outlined problem which may or may not exist.

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Lourix on 08-25-2006 at 09:05 PM

Is it really like that on IRC its shocking.

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by cloudhunter on 08-25-2006 at 09:42 PM

Well if people are rude to you, it is the individuals, not a policy of the room.

Cloudy

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by TReKiE on 08-25-2006 at 09:46 PM

Help on Live Chat is on a volunteer basis.  If you are polite and non-demanding, you will get treated with respect.  If you are rude and demanding, you will not be treated very well.

Both scenarios happen every day.

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Lourix on 08-25-2006 at 10:00 PM

I agree Bubble has just been having a bad time.

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by ayjay on 08-25-2006 at 10:25 PM

Things about the "chat" needn't be posted on the forums. They're totally seperate, and to be quite honest... no-one gives a damn :P

I guess the "rudeness" was when you joined the script channel for... *checks*... 4 mins 48 seconds without a reply (Even though I recall saying: dt might know. Why not try tomorrow when he'll be here?) :P

You joined the chat channel, not the help channel which it was why it was "full of swearing" (not that the whole of any media isn't full of it anyway :P)

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Lourix on 08-25-2006 at 10:31 PM

Awww bless no need to be that mean. But you are right it is a chat channel not a place to help peepz.

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by ayjay on 08-25-2006 at 10:37 PM

I'm not being mean :o

I used a lot of ":P"s to emphasise the fact I wasn't being mean! :P

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by lordy on 08-25-2006 at 10:41 PM

I agree with TReKie, if you are patient and don't abuse the people that would be helping you then you will get helped when we have time to help you. If you are rude and start abusing us when we don't answer fter the first 10 secods then you won't get helped at all. Also there is a reason that there is the question when connecting "Do you want to chat or get help/support?" Because that will connect you to the correct channel. If you select "I just want to chat" then you will get connected to the chat channel and you will not be helped. Show the people in the support channel some respect and you will be helped.

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Lourix on 08-25-2006 at 10:45 PM

He said he only asks peepz and they don't answer him or they say go away. Also Bubble you must check which chat room you go in, in the future :)

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by cloudhunter on 08-25-2006 at 10:46 PM

Exactly. If you don't treat people with respect, then you will get kicked and/or banned, as I have seen happen. Having said that, sometimes people come on and disrespect people asking for help, although that is an unlikely occurance, and nothing can be done about it.

Cloudy

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Oxy on 08-26-2006 at 10:29 AM

The live chat is a mess, every time i go on it, nobody else is there so doesn't help me at all:P

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by ayjay on 08-26-2006 at 11:02 AM

let's start employing people to help 24 hours a day then 8-)

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by GiantSpider on 08-26-2006 at 12:30 PM

Yeah, and pay them & stuff..............

Look, it's on a volunteer basis, so therefore you can't expect help every minute of the day, real life comes first. And if you are impatient & rude, then people aren't going to want to help you.

RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Lou on 08-26-2006 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
Things about the "chat" needn't be posted on the forums. They're totally seperate, and to be quite honest... no-one gives a damn :P

I guess the "rudeness" was when you joined the script channel for... *checks*... 4 mins 48 seconds without a reply (Even though I recall saying: dt might know. Why not try tomorrow when he'll be here?) :P

You joined the chat channel, not the help channel which it was why it was "full of swearing" (not that the whole of any media isn't full of it anyway :P)
I completely disagree with this. The channels created by members are seperate from the forums, but the channels on the live chat page on the website are not. They are part of the website, and therefore this is the best discussion point for those channels. As for the other channels not on the live chat, if there is no discussion place for it and you don't like it in there, just leave. But the forums are slightly connected to the chat rooms on the live chat page and therefore there may sometimes be a need to discuss those rooms on the forum.
RE: Live Chat has became a bad place by Omar on 08-26-2006 at 03:57 PM

Another live chat/irc thread???

[Image: beatingadeadhorsebyliviuskj0.gif]