Shoutbox

Surround Sound center Speaker not working. >Help Plz< - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Surround Sound center Speaker not working. >Help Plz< (/showthread.php?tid=65417)

Surround Sound center Speaker not working. >Help Plz< by M73A on 08-26-2006 at 01:44 PM

yeah as you may have guessed im having trouble with my surround sound....

i decided to take out my line in and microphone because i can switch them into Rear and center out speaker jacks...

i done this, changed the appropriate settings, but can't get the computer to output sound using the center speakers....

it doesnt have a 5.1 setup :S in the options of powerdvd its got

• headphones
  • 2 speaker
  • 4 speaker
  • 6 speaker
  • 7 speaker
  • 8 speaker
ive got 5.1 surround sound speakers/subwoofer... what am i ment to select? :( if i select 4 speakers only the two front ones work. the best result is with 2 speakers (because having two speakers doesn't grey out loads of options like the others).

what should i try/do?

Thanks a lot :D
RE: Surround Sound center Speaker not working. >Help Plz< by RaceProUK on 08-26-2006 at 09:49 PM

6 speaker is the one you should use, since that is how many speakers you have. Then, so long as the DVD is set to use the 5.1 soundtrack, you should get 5.1 sound.

RE: Surround Sound center Speaker not working. >Help Plz< by aNILEator on 08-27-2006 at 06:34 AM

alot of the time the center speaker is very quiet anyway and can appear not to produce any sound.