Shoutbox

Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help (/showthread.php?tid=65426)

Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Zeh on 08-26-2006 at 06:14 PM

Ok so I've been trying to do a script that should be easy and just a few strings of code. I want a script that when you recieve a nudge from a contact it sends a nudge back at the contact. I've been trying but I can't seem to get it right! Can someone post the code for that here please?

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Squelettor on 08-26-2006 at 06:22 PM

quote:
[string] OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(
    [object] ChatWnd,
    [string] Origin,
    [string] Message,
    [enum] MessageKind
);

quote:
MessageKind
[enum] Number specifying the kind of message received. It can be one of the following identifiers:

0 - Unknown.
1 - Text message typed by the user.
2 - A wink being sent.
3 - A voice clip being sent.
4 - A search made with the "Search" button.
5 - The result of a search made with the "Search" button.
6 - A text message sent while the current user was offline.

No nudge...You can't make this easy....
RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Zeh on 08-26-2006 at 06:27 PM

And is it too hard to do?

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Ezra on 08-26-2006 at 09:55 PM

Maybe you can use that sniffer script made and sniff for this:

Xniff: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthre...

quote:
Originally posted by afelipE_scripts
sniffer:  detect nudge:

MSG 115 N 69
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/x-msnmsgr-datacast

ID: 1

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Spunky on 08-26-2006 at 10:19 PM

Hmm... When you're sent a nudge, it displays a message in the chat window... Is there no way to detect that or detect if a message came from neither you or any other contacts in the chat (meaning it must be from WLM)?

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Ezra on 08-26-2006 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Hmm... When you're sent a nudge, it displays a message in the chat window... Is there no way to detect that or detect if a message came from neither you or any other contacts in the chat (meaning it must be from WLM)?

No when you receive a nudge OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage isn't called.

Try the sniffing I suggested ;-)
RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Zeh on 08-27-2006 at 07:30 PM

ok so anyone that understands how that sniffing thing work could make the script i was talking about?

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by riahc4 on 08-27-2006 at 11:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zeh
ok so anyone that understands how that sniffing thing work could make the script i was talking about?
Well there is a Answering Machine script

When a " /nudge " is recieve, send a " /nudge " .
RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Zeh on 08-27-2006 at 11:13 PM

I don't know if messenger recognizes a nudge has /nudge. I think it's only a writen shortcut...

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Jesus on 08-28-2006 at 12:50 AM

if messenger recognised a nudge as "/nudge", it would also show up like that in OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage, and the script would be easy, but unfortunately it doesn't.

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by cloudhunter on 08-28-2006 at 02:42 AM

Is anyone interested in this nudgeback script that I have just made after seeing this thread? It will have some problems (as in, if both people have the script then it will be a never ending cycle...) but im working on how to fix them.

Cloudy

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Felu on 08-28-2006 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Is anyone interested in this nudgeback script that I have just made after seeing this thread? It will have some problems (as in, if both people have the script then it will be a never ending cycle...) but im working on how to fix them.

Cloudy
I can help with the fix if you add me to WLM. felukewl_attherateof_gmail_dot_com :p
RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Jesus on 08-28-2006 at 10:29 AM

I'm interested, Cloudy, none of my friends use scripts anyway:P
I doubt if they even know it's possible

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by skyserpent on 08-28-2006 at 12:15 PM

im interested matey, i was trying to do it using socket hooks but needed sleep :P so yes, im interested

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Zeh on 08-28-2006 at 03:50 PM

I'm interested too. Post a link to the one that still have bugs. No one in my contact list knows what a script is.

I'm thinking somethin now. Messeger makes it impossible to send 2 nudges in a row if yo don't wait a few seconds. Meaning you wouldn't have a infinite cycle if both people had the script. Someone sends you a nudge, it sends one back and then the script on the other side will try to send another a messege saying you can't send before waiting would appear and because the script can't recognise if the nudge was sent or not it would behave has if it was sent and stop.
RE: RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by The_Joker on 08-28-2006 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zeh
I'm thinking somethin now. Messeger makes it impossible to send 2 nudges in a row if yo don't wait a few seconds. Meaning you wouldn't have a infinite cycle if both people had the script. Someone sends you a nudge, it sends one back and then the script on the other side will try to send another a messege saying you can't send before waiting would appear and because the script can't recognise if the nudge was sent or not it would behave has if it was sent and stop.

Good point, but that's what Mess-patch is for (unlimited nudges :P).

Interesting what will happen if both have this + unlimited... :o)
RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by cloudhunter on 08-28-2006 at 07:34 PM

Well i've fixed the problem now. I'll release it tonight when I change to my computer upstairs.

Many thanks go to Pai, for his Xniff ocx.

It just occured to me that there may be a problem with multiconvos and polygamy. Something could be done about multiconvos, but I don't think anything could be done for polygamy.

Cloudy

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Zeh on 08-30-2006 at 04:44 PM

Have you already released the script?

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by skyserpent on 08-30-2006 at 05:10 PM

yeh...  i would like this please

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by cloudhunter on 08-30-2006 at 05:37 PM

Not yet. Having some trouble fixing some bugs that have occured, add that to family issues and you get a delay. I'll try and release the version I have right now later, and then i'll work on improving it.

Cloudy

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by Zeh on 08-30-2006 at 11:16 PM

Ok! Post something here when you release it so we know it's been released.

RE: Tryin to do i simple script but failing. Need some help by BrendanL on 08-31-2006 at 08:42 PM

Get the script from my friend Cloudy here :D http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=65...d=722611#pid722611