Shoutbox

[request] clock - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] clock (/showthread.php?tid=65431)

[request] clock by Jimbo on 08-26-2006 at 08:38 PM

can someone make a script that shows a clock bottom right hand corner of the WLM window

can it be 24 hour and can it be  hh:mm:ss

RE: [request] clock by Ezra on 08-26-2006 at 09:28 PM

as neat as it might be, why?

Bottom-Right corner of the screen is the windows clock...

RE: [request] clock by Jimbo on 08-26-2006 at 09:49 PM

bottoms right hand corner of the msn window

dunno why, i just think it would be really cool

RE: [request] clock by vaccination on 08-26-2006 at 10:52 PM

I wouldn't mind this but bottom right/left hand corner of the conversation window i would think would be better.

RE: [request] clock by Oxy on 08-27-2006 at 08:49 AM

Theres a dynamic background built into messenger which has a feature to put a clock next to the message boxes. Why not just set that as your background and you have a clock in the convo window!

RE: [request] clock by Felu on 08-27-2006 at 08:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by luke-fish
Theres a dynamic background built into messenger which has a feature to put a clock next to the message boxes. Why not just set that as your background and you have a clock in the convo window!
Mind telling which one is it? It is the clock/time one :p. And the time isn't digital at all [Image: msn_sad.gif].
RE: [request] clock by Matti on 08-27-2006 at 09:04 AM

Oh noes, a clock in a conversation window? :P

That means manually hooking in WLM, intercepting the creation of a chatwindow, then modifying it in the memory, and last but not least a timer which has to change it every second! That will be hard, too hard for me! :|

* Matti looks at the other, more advanced script developers... ^o)

RE: [request] clock by Jimbo on 08-27-2006 at 10:44 AM

please can someone try to make this

yes i agree, bottom corner of chat window

i would be very grateful to whoever makes this

RE: [request] clock by markee on 08-27-2006 at 10:46 AM

Wouldn't this be easiest to incorporate this into the background you have (just above your DP there's room) and just change the background every minute?

RE: [request] clock by Jimbo on 08-27-2006 at 10:47 AM

yes, but it would look better as a digital clock

RE: [request] clock by boston on 08-27-2006 at 02:01 PM

what about the place where youve got the nudge, wink bottons and emoticons and backgrounds etc there on the left easy to find

P.s if its possible

RE: [request] clock by deAd on 08-27-2006 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike

That means manually hooking in WLM, intercepting the creation of a chatwindow, then modifying it in the memory, and last but not least a timer which has to change it every second! That will be hard, too hard for me! :|

* Mattike looks at the other, more advanced script developers... ^o)

Actually, it doesn't. You use the OnEvent_ChatWndCreated event, and then create a window with the clock on it. Then set that window's parent to the ChatWnd and position it correctly.
RE: [request] clock by Matti on 08-27-2006 at 02:33 PM

Well, I already thought my idea was ridiculous... that's why I looked to the advanced developers! :D

But how the hell can you set it as a child of the chatwindow and position it?! :S

RE: [request] clock by markee on 08-27-2006 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike

* Mattike looks at the other, more advanced script developers... ^o)

Actually, it doesn't. You use the OnEvent_ChatWndCreated event, and then create a window with the clock on it. Then set that window's parent to the ChatWnd and position it correctly.

You can't set the chat window as the parent window, you can only have a msg plus window.  I tested this out just after you said it to make sure.
RE: [request] clock by deAd on 08-27-2006 at 05:12 PM

No, you can use Interop.Call('User32','SetParent') :P and then you can get the chatwnd's dimensions and position the window from there.

RE: RE: [request] clock by Jesus on 08-27-2006 at 06:37 PM

quote:
No, you can use Interop.Call('User32','SetParent') :P and then you can get the chatwnd's dimensions and position the window from there.

true, but what about the difference in placement when the window is tabbed or not? Also resizing the chat window will be a problem...
RE: [request] clock by deAd on 08-27-2006 at 07:01 PM

The tab part is not part of the chat window, it is a separate window made by Plus!, so this will not be a problem. Also, you can have a timer check every 100 milliseconds that each window has the clock in the right place and reset it. This way, when you resize it it will fix almost immediately.

RE: [request] clock by Jimbo on 08-29-2006 at 10:12 AM

will this be an easy script to make, and will someone do it, or is it too hard?

RE: [request] clock by Jesus on 08-29-2006 at 04:14 PM

well, deAd seems to find it easy so I'm sort of expecting a script from him :P

RE: [request] clock by deAd on 08-29-2006 at 08:40 PM

I honestly don't have time...I'm very busy, and when I get scripting time I'm working on a pretty big script I've been doing for a while now :(

so I'm not sure, isn't the system clock enough, why do you need three hundred clocks on the screen? :P

RE: RE: [request] clock by boston on 08-29-2006 at 08:51 PM

quote:
I honestly don't have time...I'm very busy, and when I get scripting time I'm working on a pretty big script I've been doing for a while now :(

so I'm not sure, isn't the system clock enough, why do you need three hundred clocks on the screen? :P

they cant get enough of the time
but why not use the clock dynamic background or just look at the clock bottom left?

RE: [request] clock by ForestPlus! on 08-29-2006 at 09:01 PM

I use the clock dynamic background on my messenger, because i can't be bothered to look down there:P

EDIT: Boston took my idea for a signature...:(

RE: [request] clock by cloudhunter on 08-29-2006 at 09:17 PM

There is a tutorial by stigmata that might help. I'm pretty sure that it could be converted to Jscript, and for windows live messenger.

url: http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=4318

Cloudy

RE: [request] clock by deAd on 08-29-2006 at 09:25 PM

Takes just a couple lines of JScript actually :)
It uses SetParent, the method I outlined above :)

RE: [request] clock by Jesus on 08-29-2006 at 10:30 PM

quote:
mess.be
Problems:
Window needs to be maximized

If it's maximized, the system clock is already at bottom-right.
RE: [request] clock by deAd on 08-29-2006 at 10:38 PM

That's only with that method. Use what I outlined before - it does mostly the same as that, but better :)