Shoutbox

[Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks (/showthread.php?tid=65470)

[Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by Zayl on 08-27-2006 at 02:48 PM

Hi all !
I'm thinking of a very funny script that will block a contact after this contact opens a conversation with you and unblocks him after he closes the conversation :D He wants to speak with you, opens a conversation, but you get offline immediately, he closes the conversation, sees you online again in the contact list so opens again a conversation with you, but you are already offline rofl !
It would be great if someone could do this script, it would'nt be so hard to code, no?

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by Chris4 on 08-27-2006 at 02:52 PM

Haha that would be hilarious! :P

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by Jesus on 08-27-2006 at 02:55 PM

Can't be done the way you say it, since there's no way to know for sure if someone opens/closes a convo.
you could make it so that it reacts upon incoming connections, but then it would also block everyone who's trying to get your contact card info for example.
The idea is funny, but it won't be reliable.

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by markee on 08-27-2006 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
Can't be done the way you say it, since there's no way to know for sure if someone opens/closes a convo.
you could make it so that it reacts upon incoming connections, but then it would also block everyone who's trying to get your contact card info for example.
The idea is funny, but it won't be reliable.
Does it really matter if they are only connection to your contact card or not?

I quite like this idea but I would want it that I select which contacts to do this to.
RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by jmccarroll on 08-27-2006 at 04:21 PM

The problem is unblocking the contact.  The connection doesn't close right when the conversation window is closed.

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by Voldemort on 08-27-2006 at 04:22 PM

Then they wont be able to talk to you unless you stop it, which defeats the point of instant messengers.

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by boston on 08-27-2006 at 04:25 PM

offline messages though could be a problem

RE: RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers by Jesus on 08-27-2006 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Then they wont be able to talk to you unless you stop it, which defeats the point of instant messengers.

for instant blockers, this feature is a must ;)
RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by cooldude_i06 on 08-27-2006 at 07:45 PM

I dont think you will be able to know when your contact closed the window after you block him.

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by Zayl on 09-01-2006 at 10:32 PM

Well it is possible to block the contact while he's writing a message... for me it would be the same as if he opened the convo ;)

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by cooldude_i06 on 09-01-2006 at 10:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zayl
Well it is possible to block the contact while he's writing a message... for me it would be the same as if he opened the convo ;)

Yeah but once you block him, I dont think you can find out when he closes the window.
RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by cloudhunter on 09-01-2006 at 10:47 PM

You can't... but maybe on a timer?

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unb by the_dare on 09-02-2006 at 07:48 AM

you could do it so it unblocks every 2 mins checks if the window is still open and if it is blocks again

RE: [Rqst] Thinking of a very funny script :D Block contact after opening convers/unbloks by saralk on 09-02-2006 at 10:01 AM

If the conversation window is open for a while without any activity, then the connection is closed, so it appears as if the window has been closed, even though it hasn't. So they will be able to send you a message.

It wont work if the victim appears offline either because no conversation window opening will be detected.

Also, there is no way of telling the difference between them viewing your contact card and opening a conversation window.