Shoutbox

Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) (/showthread.php?tid=65505)

Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by mmlcs36 on 08-28-2006 at 04:15 PM

MSN Messenger ver.:7.0
Window 2000
MSgPlus! 3

When I was trying to install Display Picture Changer 1.0,
A problem occured (shown on the fig.)

How to solve it?

RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by qgroessl on 08-28-2006 at 04:18 PM

You need Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live to have access to scripts.... in order to get Windows Live Messenger you need Windows XP though... So unless you get that you have to stick with Messenger Plus! and Plug-ins.

RE: RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by mmlcs36 on 08-28-2006 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
You need Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live to have access to scripts.... in order to get Windows Live Messenger you need Windows XP though... So unless you get that you have to stick with Messenger Plus! and Plug-ins.

Is there any script(s) or version that I can install without changing the OS?
RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by qgroessl on 08-28-2006 at 04:25 PM

I don't believe so... but there might be... Somebody else please confirm if you can or not without changing the OS...

RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by RaceProUK on 08-28-2006 at 10:02 PM

There are people that have managed to force versions of Messenger 7.5 onto Windows 2000, so it may be possible with WLM and MP!L, but it won't be supported, not officially anyway.

After all:
Windows 2000 = Windows NT 5.0
Windows XP = Windows NT 5.1
;)

RE: RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by mmlcs36 on 08-29-2006 at 04:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
There are people that have managed to force versions of Messenger 7.5 onto Windows 2000, so it may be possible with WLM and MP!L, but it won't be supported, not officially anyway.

After all:
Windows 2000 = Windows NT 5.0
Windows XP = Windows NT 5.1
;)

Thx very much...
But I don't know how to solve it? (how to install MSN 7.5?)
RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by Chris4 on 08-29-2006 at 04:08 AM

How to make the MSN Messenger 7.5 Installer, Windows 2000 Compatible.

:google:

RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by CookieRevised on 08-29-2006 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

all good and well, but fact remains that Windows 2000 is based upon Windows NT 5.0, which also means that certain APIs are slightly different or that even certain APIs aren't even supported.

Moral of the story: There is a perfect reason why MS don't let you install 7.5 on Windows 2000, it is not 100% compatible!
RE: RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by mmlcs36 on 08-29-2006 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

thx again.

I have installed 7.5, but I still can't install the script(s)....
RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by Sunshine on 08-29-2006 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mmlcs36
thx again.

Scripts are Windows Live Messenger + Plus!Live only....not for MSN Messenger.
RE: RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by mmlcs36 on 08-29-2006 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
thx again.

Scripts are Windows Live Messenger + Plus!Live only....not for MSN Messenger.

So, is there any script(s) for MSN Messenger?
RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by Felu on 08-29-2006 at 03:49 PM

quote:
No, but you can use Messenger Plus! Plugins with MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus!. Download plugins from http://plugins.msgplus.net/ :)
RE: RE: Problem occured when I was trying to install script(s) by mmlcs36 on 08-29-2006 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChronoNewb
quote:
No, but you can use Messenger Plus! Plugins with MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus!. Download plugins from http://plugins.msgplus.net/ :)

I have installed them,
Thx a lot!