Shoutbox

Mikomi webcam driver - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Mikomi webcam driver (/showthread.php?tid=65513)

Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 08-28-2006 at 06:56 PM

Hi guys, today i boght a new mikomi m6225 webcam from a carboot, but when i got home i realised there wasn't a Cd driver install disk... so my question is this:
I know i can find the install driver online somewhere (i did it to my other mikomi webcam) and i was wondering where this site? i've tried google but i've had no luck with that:'(

Any help would be appreciated:)

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by alexp2_ad on 08-28-2006 at 07:03 PM

You suck at google! :P

http://www.mingjong.com.tw/eipe/front/bin/ptlist.phtml?Category=100012

Apparently they make all the webcams for Mikomi, so the drivers are there.

I was thinking about buying this for £7 from Argos so if it's any good let me know. :P

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 08-28-2006 at 07:05 PM

Okay dude i will.
But hey bad luck, i got this webcam for £5 at a carboot!

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Lourix on 08-28-2006 at 07:17 PM

Yes but is it in good condition?

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 08-28-2006 at 07:19 PM

well i haven't installed it yet, damn computer crashed while i was downloading the file:@ but by looks you can't get much better from a carbooty...

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Chris4 on 08-28-2006 at 07:22 PM

Well I had a look on DriverGuide.com but nothing on there., just a digital camera with the same 'm6225' model number :dodgy:

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Voldemort on 08-28-2006 at 07:33 PM

or, try window's default driver if it does not have any 'special' functions....

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 08-28-2006 at 08:15 PM

well i found the driver (thanks alexp2_ad) And i've tried installing it.. several times, and it won't work on messenger. I turned polygramy off and nothing happened. I will have to try again tomorrow:-|

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Chris4 on 08-28-2006 at 08:23 PM

You have to go to Tools > Audio and Video setup

Select the webcam. :) Make sure it's plugged in.

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 08-29-2006 at 09:17 AM

I tried that, but all it says is no webcam detected... and now the criver i downloaded is causing my computer to randomly restart itself... allmost more hassle than it's worth:-|

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by aNILEator on 08-29-2006 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad

I was thinking about buying this for £7 from Argos so if it's any good let me know. :P

alex have you seen the firest few results from google when you search for it :P http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-...i%20m6225%20webcam

its like PROBLEMS WITH WEBCAM, I've got webcam woes, HELP ME, FIX IT :P
RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 08-31-2006 at 10:26 AM

It's Irritating8o| It still isn't working!!! Worst £5 i ever spent!!!!! Anyone help me?

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by charmed4eva on 03-19-2007 at 04:00 PM

lol ummm im havin similar probswith this cam!

when i plug it in the light doesnt turn off and if try use it, it says no cam detected, guess its jus a shitty cam! :]

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by fsc on 03-19-2007 at 04:19 PM

Hi,
    I found this when i was searching it might help.
If it dosnt i will have another look,

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2089341.php

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by ASH_MCC on 06-02-2007 at 10:09 PM

[font=Tahoma] HELLO !
IVE HAD THIS MIKOMI WEBCAM 4 AGES BUT LOST THE CD AND BOX AND THAT BUT I DONT NOO WAT NUMBER IT IS :S SO
DOES ANY1 NO HOW 2 FIND OUT THE WEBCAM NUMBER
SO I CAN GO ON THAT SITE AND DOWNLOAD THE
RIGHT INSTILLATION THING !!
HAHA
WRITE BAKK SOON ASS PLEASE
LOTSA LUVV
MEE
X

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by stepzy on 07-03-2007 at 04:28 PM

i have a mikomi m6225 from argos worked great when i had the cd but same as a lot of ppl i have lost the disk if u do find n e thing let me no please thanks

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by bsrboy on 08-16-2007 at 12:49 AM

Hello
i have the same problem here
I bought a Mikomi webcam from argos, unstalled it, got a new computer then found out i didn't know where the disc was.
I think my model is a
M6219
or
M6219Z
or
M6219MZ

i tried that website for downloading the stuff but it's a rar file and it says windows cannot open rar files
what do i do?

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by MeEtc on 08-16-2007 at 01:39 AM

program download: http://www.rarlab.com/
more info: http://www.google.com/search?q=open+rar+file

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 08-16-2007 at 08:18 AM

Wow, old thread ftw.
And... just so this doesn't get considered spam: I found it best to go with another manufacturer :P.

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by rav0 on 08-18-2007 at 11:44 PM

Let the people have their old threads. They all needed help getting their Mikomi webcam to work. Really, if they didn't revive/bump an old thread, they'd still have the problem and be starting new threads instead. When old threads get bumped (with a post that isn't "You should check the manual..."), it keeps a forum more organised.

RE: RE: Mikomi webcam driver by bsrboy on 08-18-2007 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Let the people have their old threads. They all needed help getting their Mikomi webcam to work. Really, if they didn't revive/bump an old thread, they'd still have the problem and be starting new threads instead. When old threads get bumped (with a post that isn't "You should check the manual..."), it keeps a forum more organised.

huh? in english please

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by rav0 on 08-18-2007 at 11:54 PM

Some forums (not this one, Bitsoup and Aussie 3G do) frown on users posting new things in threads that aren't new. They believe that posting in old threads makes the forum cluttered. My point is that it's better to keep posting in an old thread than to have to start a new thread about the same thing. On some forums, users that do this get banned (not a good thing).

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Rjrig on 09-04-2007 at 10:49 PM

hi ive just got a mikomi web cam and tried instaling it on my laptop which has vista and the god damn thing says there isnt enough storage capacity when i plugged the cam in but i have loads of space...
is there anyone who can help would be very much appreciated thanx

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by raven1992 on 09-05-2007 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rjrig
hi ive just got a mikomi web cam and tried instaling it on my laptop which has vista and the god damn thing says there isnt enough storage capacity when i plugged the cam in but i have loads of space...

i have exact same problem!!!!    is is something to do with vista?   it ses theres not enough space or something =/   i have a  m6217m      its really annoying :(

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 09-05-2007 at 08:06 PM

start > computer > check your space in your hdd?

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Darkusknight on 01-07-2008 at 04:58 AM

yea..i have a mikomi too..just tried to load it on my laptop..it will not work with new operating systems like Vista! I forgot i was using vista ..my old sysyem windows xp..the cam works perfectly..so if you have a vista dude..you`l need top get a new cam..

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Chris4 on 01-07-2008 at 06:54 AM

Let me clear up all the problems in this topic and many many discussions across the web. If your having problems with your (cheap) Mikomi webcam and you have Windows Vista...

THE WEBCAM IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA!

The drivers for all Mikomi (Ming Jong) webcams can be downloaded here:
http://www.mingjong.com.tw/eipe/front/bin/ptlist.phtml?Category=100012

If your webcam does not say Vista compatible, it does NOT support Vista and therefore will NOT work. If you don't have Vista and are still having problems, try what is suggested in the thread and search Google. If you still can't find a solution, bad luck, but a better webcam next time :P.

Mikomi (Ming Jong) do offer Vista compatible webcams, but the ones that everyone is having problems with are old and are not compatible with Vista.

If you have Vista or plan or getting Vista, and your looking for a webcam, learn from your mistakes and make sure it's Vista compatible. Also go for a better brand name and not a cheap product imported from Taiwan ;).

Edit: Hmm. Strange. Looking on the Argos website, 4 out of 5 Mikomi webcams are supported by Vista :S. Maybe their CD drivers have been updated. The latest drivers should be on the Mikomi website posted above.

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by UncleArly on 01-21-2008 at 06:30 PM

Okay, so ive just bought a mikomi webcam (dont even know what model, it doesn't say) and the cd I inserted (is the half size cd-rom) will not work and so I cannot use my wecam, can anybody help me?

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Chris4 on 01-21-2008 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UncleArly
Okay, so ive just bought a mikomi webcam (dont even know what model, it doesn't say) and the cd I inserted (is the half size cd-rom) will not work and so I cannot use my wecam, can anybody help me?
What operative system do you have?
RE: Mikomi webcam driver by UncleArly on 01-21-2008 at 10:05 PM

Windows

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Oxy on 01-21-2008 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UncleArly
Windows
Assuming you have messenger plus! live installed, could you type (!VER) into a conversation window and copy the results?
RE: RE: Mikomi webcam driver by demistokey on 02-11-2008 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raven1992
quote:

i have exact same problem!!!!    is is something to do with vista?   it ses theres not enough space or something =/   i have a  m6217m      its really annoying :(

hii I have da sme problem too n i am on vista its so annoying!! It worked when i wasn't on vista!! HELP!!:@
RE: RE: RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Chris4 on 02-12-2008 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by demistokey
quote:
Originally posted by raven1992
quote:

hii I have da sme problem too n i am on vista its so annoying!! It worked when i wasn't on vista!! HELP!!:@
Please refer to my post on the page before.
RE: Mikomi webcam driver by b0874 on 05-13-2008 at 07:17 AM

go to it works http://www.mingjong.com.tw/eipe/front/bin/ptlist.phtml?Category=100012

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by devilish on 08-09-2008 at 02:43 PM

Hi, I have a mikomi DC-6120 webcam. The webcam is working fine, but the microphone isn't. Any ideas?

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by soccsh on 08-15-2008 at 02:10 PM

Hi - have just bought one - DC-7120 but I can't capture audio - error message 80070020: cannot start graph... Any ideas?!

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Lowryovls9 on 12-28-2008 at 02:17 AM

[size=3][color=blue]Bought a mikomi M6607M its a bag of ***** it doesnt install the correct drivers. Of back to Argos tomoz and ill going to but a microsoft webcam which aint **** as this one.

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by amy-louise960 on 04-14-2009 at 10:39 AM

hey :)
Well - My Mikomi webcam worked fiiine with my laptop (with windows Vista) but does not work on the computer (which has XP) I put vista on my computer yet it still does not work - I have my disk but all it does is make my computer crash, restart itself and go REALLY slow.
Help? :S

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by pjcaspa on 05-31-2009 at 11:44 AM

same lol its reli annoying! i got on from the carboot 4 £2 nd they didnt give me a cd!
plz help me!!

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by emo person on 08-14-2009 at 12:52 PM

i hate thuis guy that sold me a webcam that needs loads of storage
i need help:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by freakazoid1001 on 10-23-2009 at 06:16 PM

I wouldnt ever download the software from the internet again, i did it once, i know a bit different, but for my sisters eyetoy to work on her computer, it completely ****** her computer up about 3 weeks later even though it worked, and when she asked me to do it again a year later and my brother did it, same thing happened, had to mash F11 to completely wipe the computer. Its a shame cause ive lost my disk for mikomi webcam but seriously just buy a cheap one cause your computers gonna restart itself and not be able to get off of the "windows was shut down imporperly" screen like hers did.

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by matty on 10-23-2009 at 07:23 PM

What are you on about?

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by manaylor on 10-24-2009 at 01:57 PM

I had the same problem. My partner lost the CD but I managed to find the instruction book. It mentions the name of a file named usbpccamplus_v5.21.1.000.exe to open when you look in the CD 

I did a search and downloaded it from the following address

http://www.trekethiopia.co.uk/

When I connected the PC cam, a Wizard appears and asks you to run this file from the CD or from another location. I had already downloaded to my desktop. It worked fine for me.

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by Drekmafefer on 01-27-2010 at 01:14 PM

ftp://ftp.mingjong.net/WebCamDriver/

RE: Mikomi webcam driver by catmalan on 05-28-2010 at 06:44 PM

Hi, no idea when this message was sent, but I have the same problem. Only I bought it new, and have lost the disc to it, anyone have any idea where I can get one?

And to the question from the guy who said he was thinking of getting one from Argos, they are good, so if I were you, go for it!