Shoutbox

Can someon make a script for speellchecking? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? (/showthread.php?tid=65516)

Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by angarato_surion on 08-28-2006 at 08:55 PM

Can someone  make a script for speellchecking using the spell checking system of openoffice (aspell or something like that) or of microsoft office for the messenger plus live? idont know how to do it so i'm giving the idea

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by boston on 08-28-2006 at 09:28 PM

this has been mentioned before SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

anyway well i beleive messenger discovery live has this feature
its can be done only if you have a xml with a dictonairy in it
there is one script but that only does slang

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Spunky on 08-28-2006 at 09:49 PM

Can I just point out how ironic the title is please? I almost died when I saw it. LMAO

I thought about doing it, but you'd need some kind of definition file (like the XML file mentioned or a word list).

If someone found a definition file, I'd go ahead and make it.

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by angarato_surion on 08-28-2006 at 10:00 PM

the messenger live has this feature ? i didnt find it

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Spunky on 08-28-2006 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by boston
messenger discovery live

Different thing... You can find a download for it somewhere

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by alexp2_ad on 08-28-2006 at 10:20 PM

Ooh, ooh, I'll do it! :p

I'll give it a try. :)

I have some ideas.

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Spunky on 08-28-2006 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
Ooh, ooh, I'll do it!

Don't get TOO excited, yeah?

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by angarato_surion on 08-28-2006 at 10:26 PM

thanks i hope that will have spellchecking and in greek also lol
how it is called the script or the programm;

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Spunky on 08-28-2006 at 10:27 PM

If you had a greek dictionary file...

It'd need a different file for each language (Or one BIG file)

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by alexp2_ad on 08-28-2006 at 10:29 PM

I was planning to use ThunderBird dictionaries. :)

No one steal my idea! :P

I think they may be the same as OpenOffice one's actually. :)

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Spunky on 08-28-2006 at 10:47 PM

quote:
No one steal my idea!

*Slaps alexp2_ad round the head with a large trout and steals idea...

Can't tell what files this installs on the PC (not too good with TB extensions... :p) so I can't tell how the file is made up.

How long do you think it will take to check through all of the file for each letter do you think? Is it possible it might slow down slightly?

RE: RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by alexp2_ad on 08-28-2006 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
No one steal my idea!

*Slaps alexp2_ad round the head with a large trout and steals idea...

Can't tell what files this installs on the PC (not too good with TB extensions... :p) so I can't tell how the file is made up.

How long do you think it will take to check through all of the file for each letter do you think? Is it possible it might slow down slightly?

You can just open the xpi as a zip. ;)

The main component is the .dic file, from what I've done so far it actually seems to run fine.  Quicker than the Word COM object did even. :P
RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Spunky on 08-28-2006 at 10:57 PM

quote:
The main component is the .dic file

lol... dic hehe

Looking at that I think I'd be better off leaving this alone ;) Thats some heavy reading. I can't find how the words are split as it seems to use different methods...

Let me know if this is completed though :D

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by lrac522 on 08-28-2006 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Can I just point out how ironic the title is please? I almost died when I saw it. LMAO

:lol:I myself found it to be so humorous.:lol:
RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by artfuldodga on 08-29-2006 at 09:04 AM

Spellchecker would be sweet. :P

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Nathan on 08-29-2006 at 09:52 AM

I personally dont agree with spellcheckers, as you don't learn how to spell properly you'll get in the habit of using this.
I mean ya sure you might make the odd mistake, but you check over it ;)

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by angarato_surion on 08-29-2006 at 02:05 PM

but it's very usefull for someone that is boring to check

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by leachy08 on 08-29-2006 at 03:21 PM

How would you like it to be checked. Could you be bothered clicking the SpellCheck Button Everytime u send a message?

If u checked it for spelling wen you sent the message wouldnt you every want to not check for spelling? This could get a very annoying tool.

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Spunky on 08-29-2006 at 04:23 PM

Just thought, would you need to add the formatting tags to the word list so they don't get marked as spelt incorrectly?

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Matti on 08-29-2006 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Just thought, would you need to add the formatting tags to the word list so they don't get marked as spelt incorrectly?
And what about your emoticons? If you got an emo called "ello", it'll probably wants to replace it by "hello"... 8-)
Good luck with developing this! You'll need it! :P
RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Nathan on 08-29-2006 at 04:35 PM

Meh,
Put in a prefrences bit where you can add words that you dont want to be changed!

RE: RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by alexp2_ad on 08-29-2006 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leachy08
How would you like it to be checked. Could you be bothered clicking the SpellCheck Button Everytime u send a message?

If u checked it for spelling wen you sent the message wouldnt you every want to not check for spelling? This could get a very annoying tool.

My plan was to make that configurable, you could turn in on for every message send, or make it delay message sending for 5 seconds if there are errors, or have it manual only.

quote:

I'll strip formatting tags for the spell check.  But place them back for the sending.

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
And what about your emoticons? If you got an emo called "ello", it'll probably wants to replace it by "hello"... 8-)
Good luck with developing this! You'll need it! :P

Custom emoticons won't be much of a problem, people will need to add them to their ignore list.  There are bigger problems than that, trust me. :P
RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Thor on 08-29-2006 at 04:44 PM

Good idea, aslong as it doesn't slow my comp too much (what that's left of mine 8-).)

Well, I'd like this but I won't need it 8-)
But I know of someone who will ;)

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Mushroom_Man on 08-29-2006 at 05:21 PM

Apparently, the new Mac Messenger 6 is getting spellchecking, complete with word-style red underlines etc.

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by angarato_surion on 08-29-2006 at 05:56 PM

my custom emoticosn are in existed words fo my languages lol that will work even if the speelchecking tool will fix them.

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by Patchou on 08-30-2006 at 06:25 PM

I would sooo use that kind of script, I often type too quickly and make typos as a result.

RE: Can someon make a script for speellchecking? by angarato_surion on 08-30-2006 at 06:31 PM

Yeap it will be  a very usefull script