Shoutbox

(Status) - next to everyones name - problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem (/showthread.php?tid=65525)

(Status) - next to everyones name - problem by Jurassic_Ice on 08-29-2006 at 04:22 AM

hey guys, I got the new patch for the latest msn live messenger, however I forgot one thing. I forgot what it was called to get rid of all the (Status) (the things that tell you wheather somoene is busy, idle, online, etc) next to their names. do you guys know what it is called on the mess patch to get rid of it? i cant find it.

thanks.

RE: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem by blackjack on 08-29-2006 at 07:04 AM

Do you mean that yellow ''info bar'' that appears in conversation window?

RE: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem by RaceProUK on 08-29-2006 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blackjack
You obviously didn't read the post, as he said
quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
I forgot what it was called to get rid of all the (Status) (the things that tell you wheather somoene is busy, idle, online, etc) next to their names
And I'm afraid I don't know exactly what it's called, but I imagine it'll be something like 'Remove Status Indicators' or 'Remove Status Text'.
RE: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem by Knucks on 08-29-2006 at 10:52 AM

Under the "Main Window" category there is the option "Show Contact Status In Contact List" somewhere near the bottom. I believe this is the option to disable what you are are experiencing. ;)

RE: RE: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem by Jurassic_Ice on 08-29-2006 at 02:41 PM

quote:

Im not even sure what that is but I get rid of it anyway...

quote:
Originally posted by Knuckles
Under the "Main Window" category there is the option "Show Contact Status In Contact List" somewhere near the bottom. I believe this is the option to disable what you are are experiencing. ;)

Sorry where, I cant seem to find it?
RE: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem by Knucks on 08-29-2006 at 03:37 PM

quote:
What version of the Mess Patch/WLM are you using? I am using the 8.0.0812 Mess Patch and to find it, collapse "General Options" and the next category you have is the "Main Options Window" near enough the bottom of that category you will see the option "Show Contact Status In Contact List".
Just un-tick that box, hope this helps.
RE: RE: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem by Jurassic_Ice on 08-29-2006 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Knuckles
quote:
What version of the Mess Patch/WLM are you using? I am using the 8.0.0812 Mess Patch and to find it, collapse "General Options" and the next category you have is the "Main Options Window" near enough the bottom of that category you will see the option "Show Contact Status In Contact List".
Just un-tick that box, hope this helps.

Got it, thanks!! :D
RE: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem by Knucks on 09-02-2006 at 12:59 AM

No problem, glad to hear it worked and also, thanks for the rep. :D

RE: RE: (Status) - next to everyones name - problem by blackjack on 09-02-2006 at 06:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
You obviously didn't read the post, as he said

Yes, i read the first post. But i wasnt sure what option he was talking about

The yellow info bar i was talking about also has contact Status, but it is under nickname =/ my mistake :(

Edit: And yes.. i know the problem is solved, so probably this is considered spam.. So split it / delete it.. if ya want :)