Shoutbox

cannot get Plus live to work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: cannot get Plus live to work (/showthread.php?tid=65549)

cannot get Plus live to work by Canaryslayer on 08-29-2006 at 07:16 PM

Hi

Im hoping someone can help me.  Ihave uninstalled my old versions of messenger and messenger plus using the windows add/remove function, i have checked all folders to see if there are any rogue files left.

I have installed messenger (numerous times) first and have then installed  Messenger Plus Live after, but when i open messenger there are no 'plus live' options in the toolbar or any indication that MPL has been installed.  Except it is listed in the windows add/remove  list. 

I have tried installing with sponsorship option at loading window and without.  Although when i try installing the sponsorship option, i get a trojan virus alert in my temp directory and all installation stops.

I am running Windows XP

Messenger Live :  verion 8.0.0812.00
Messenger Plus! Live : version 4.01 (build 240)

If anyone can help that would be great.

Cheers

CS

RE: cannot get Plus live to work by zedison_c on 08-30-2006 at 11:26 AM

i would suggest that you try scanning your PC for adaware, spywares and virus... it might be all these causing the obstruction of the connection with the mp!l
if not you try running mp!l and messenger seperately meaning to say don't let it auto boot upon start up. then you manually open it by yourself

RE: cannot get Plus live to work by RaceProUK on 08-30-2006 at 12:03 PM

Please don't post if you have nothing useful to add, zedison.

quote:
Originally posted by Canaryslayer
I have tried installing with sponsorship option at loading window and without.  Although when i try installing the sponsorship option, i get a trojan virus alert in my temp directory and all installation stops.
That's a case of mistaken identity: there's no Trojan in Plus!.

Have you got Smiley Central installed? It's known to cause conflicts with Plus!. If you have, you may want to try removing it.