Shoutbox

catching video/voice requests - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: catching video/voice requests (/showthread.php?tid=65604)

catching video/voice requests by paul_a on 08-30-2006 at 11:52 AM

hi all

I am working on a plug in for Windows Live messenger.
my goal is to catch requests for video/voice conversations. I have been searching the net for 4 days now and I still can't find a way to do that.. I tried using the recent WLM API but it was not useful.. I tried Hooking and I could catch some events such as sign in and sign out events.. But I was not able to catch requests for video/voice conversations.

I noticed that this has been done in Messenger Plus! since there is an option to auto-accept requests.

I was wonderring if you could help me or tell where do i have to look in order to do that.

if you need more details or explanations plz ask

thanks.

RE: catching video/voice requests by RaceProUK on 08-30-2006 at 12:07 PM

Plus! does it by catching the 'Do you wish to accept or decline' text in chat windows, and then using the appropriate hotkey. Your best bet would be to try catching that ;)

RE: catching video/voice requests by paul_a on 08-30-2006 at 12:46 PM

thanks

i didn't think it was done that way.. i thought there was some Mseenger event triggered when you do the video/voice invitation..

so all I have to do is get the text messages and parse them?

I just thought of something.. if Messenger Plus! does it by parsing text messages, does it support all languages? (french, dutch etc...)
RE: catching video/voice requests by Mnjul on 08-31-2006 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paul_a
I just thought of something.. if Messenger Plus! does it by parsing text messages, does it support all languages? (french, dutch etc...)
It retrieves the localized text in msgslang.dll :)
RE: catching video/voice requests by paul_a on 09-01-2006 at 10:23 AM

thanks for ur reply Mnjul

i have another question concerning getting the incomming text messages..
I am using the IMessengerConversationWnd  interface I don't if you know it.. anyway because of it i can get the history log of a converstion.. do you think getting the whole log and parsing it is the good way to do things?

and also on which event do you think I should trigger the parsing? (which WM message i mean)

RE: catching video/voice requests by CookieRevised on 09-01-2006 at 10:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paul_a
do you think getting the whole log and parsing it is the good way to do things?
anything based upon logs is prone to be faulty (for stuff like this). This is because logs are not created instantly but with a delay. Also parsing the log every x seconds to catch such events is very process intensive.

What you want is hooking and sniffing the protocol messages for video/voice requests. This can be done with the aid of Pai's Xniff ActiveX sniffer.

;)
RE: catching video/voice requests by paul_a on 09-05-2006 at 09:00 AM

hi all,

I managed to parse the text messages and detect voice/video conversation requests..
but now I need to find a way to auto accept or auto decline.. how can i do that? how do I send programmatically Ctrl+C or Ctrl+D?

RE: catching video/voice requests by RaceProUK on 09-05-2006 at 10:43 AM

There's an API function, can't remember exactly what it is though, that allows you to simulate keypresses. It's related to virtual keys, so start from there ;)

RE: catching video/voice requests by paul_a on 09-05-2006 at 01:38 PM

Thnx   RaceProUK I found it , it was : keybd_event(...)  It worked fine thank you...

RE: catching video/voice requests by RaceProUK on 09-05-2006 at 03:43 PM

Note:

quote:
Originally posted by MSDN
Windows NT/2000/XP:This function has been superseded. Use SendInput instead.

RE: catching video/voice requests by paul_a on 09-07-2006 at 01:32 PM

hi all,

I have another question.. how can I send text messages programmatically? where do you think  I should look at?

i am using the msgruaid.h and msgrua.h header files I don't know if some of you worked with those..
by the way sending text message programmatically is different from generating keypresses (like I did to generate Alt+C Alt+D).

thanks for your help

RE: catching video/voice requests by RaceProUK on 09-07-2006 at 08:27 PM

There isn't a specific method to do that I'm afraid, though you can use Active Accessibility to just add a large chunk of text and hit the Send button.