Shoutbox

Send text to YOUR conversation window only? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? (/showthread.php?tid=65667)

Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by Spunky on 08-31-2006 at 09:40 PM

Is there a way to print text to the conversation window without it showing up on your contacts conversation window?

It would just make a script I'm working on alot easier if you could :p

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by Deco on 09-01-2006 at 01:04 AM

Send an example of what you want to do.. I didn't quite understand where you want to go.

Thanks

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by ddunk on 09-01-2006 at 01:05 AM

No, there isn't yet.

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by Spunky on 09-01-2006 at 06:33 PM

Ok thanks.

Deco, what I want to do is basically send a message to my own chat window only. So, for example, if I wanted to print a list of my contacts and emails addresses to the chat window, I'd type "/list" and then they would show in my chat window, but not on the person who I am talking to's. If you get me lol :p

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by KaaY-JaaY on 09-26-2006 at 04:16 PM

That whould be Awsome if some1 could Make that, or even if its possible! :D

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by MC Inferno on 09-26-2006 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KaaY-JaaY

Its not possible
RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by cloudhunter on 09-26-2006 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
quote:
Originally posted by KaaY-JaaY

Its not possible

Theres a difference between not possible, and not probable.

It's defineitely possible, as Plus does it itself. However it isn't possible using script alone, and impossible without advanced hooking of messenger or winsock.

Cloudy
RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by MC Inferno on 09-26-2006 at 05:00 PM

oh ok... my bad.

it is possible. just not very easy.

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by CookieRevised on 09-26-2006 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
It's defineitely possible, as Plus does it itself.
when?

Everything which Plus! sends to the conversation window is seen by the contacts too (even the line of the custom sounds if that was what you meant).

;)
RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by cloudhunter on 09-26-2006 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
when?

What I meant is, it can add or at least replace strings. For instance, When you recieve a sound, when you use the /me command. Thats all I can think of at the moment though.

Cloudy
RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by CookieRevised on 09-26-2006 at 05:54 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
when?

What I meant is, it can add or at least replace strings. For instance, When you recieve a sound, when you use the /me command. Thats all I can think of at the moment though.

Cloudy
When sounds are send or recieved, your contact will get exactly the same line too...

There is also a big difference between adding a line to only your window (thus not send it) and replacing an existing sent/recieved line.
RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by cloudhunter on 09-26-2006 at 06:02 PM

I am aware of that. However, it is possible to trick Messenger into what it is recieving by injecting data into the data it recieves. However, like i've said it requires a Proxy/Hook.

Possible: Yes.
Easy: No.

Cloudy

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by CookieRevised on 09-26-2006 at 08:43 PM

Yes but my point was that your statement that "it is possible because Plus! does it" is wrong, Plus! doesn't do such a thing.

And injecting data to the connection via a proxy wouldn't be the way to go. What you need todo is "simply" adding some text to the conversation window, nothing must be send for this (in fact nothing may be send, or it is not what is been requested).

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by cloudhunter on 09-26-2006 at 08:48 PM

Yes I know. I was just saying some possible ways how to do it. I should have rephrased what I said, and I apologise.

So the way to do it would be to hook richedit like plus does/did?

RE: Send text to YOUR conversation window only? by deAd on 09-26-2006 at 09:38 PM

Not hook richedit really...these are windowless controls, not richedit (specifically the WLEditT class)...meaning that you have to call the functions to change them (which are in messenger, but it is possible to compile a header for them in c++, among other ways).

You can use active accessibility too.

Once you have that, you can modify it, like plus does...however adding text may not be possible, or plus would probably let scripts return a string longer than the message in the Message Received event..