Shoutbox

Error message - ....Installation Altered - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Error message - ....Installation Altered (/showthread.php?tid=65677)

Error message - ....Installation Altered by keralucu on 09-01-2006 at 07:31 AM

Hi

I recently installed Windows Messenger Live after having used MSN Messenger (XP) with Messenger Plus for a while. The next time I started up the computer I got an error message saying "Messenger Plus! - Installation Altered.  Messenger Plus! has not been installed properly on this system. Please download and install the setup package of this program".

I downloaded and installed Messenger Plus! Live, but still get the same message everytime I restart the computer, even after having uninstalled MP! Live and reinstalling it.  It's not such a big deal although it is rather annoying that you cannot just close the error message window without it automatically opening Windows Explorer and going to www.msgpluslive.net.

What can I do to get rid of this error message?

Thanks
keralucu

RE: Error message - ....Installation Altered by Chris4 on 09-01-2006 at 07:43 AM

Searching the forums, there has been a couple of people with the same problem and they didn't find a solution.

Try uninstalling Messenger Plus! Live from Add/Remove Programs, then delete the Messenger Plus! Live folder in Program Files. Then download a new copy from www.msgpluslive.net.

Make sure you are installing Plus! Live on an Administrator's account.

RE: Error message - ....Installation Altered by Jorfapigo on 09-02-2006 at 03:30 AM

I have a similar problem...After I installed a Windows Vista patch (like vista transformation) I tried to open Windows Live, and it said that my config. was wrong. The reinstallation of Windows live should work...but it didn't...i uninstalled it from add/remove programs in panel control and still have the problem...Actualy Im running MSN 7.5... any ideas to solve my problem, please?:S

RE: Error message - ....Installation Altered by keralucu on 09-05-2006 at 08:25 AM

Thanks a lot for your help Chris4.  Duuuhhh... so simple really, I should have thought of it myself.:^) After I deleted the entire folder from Program Files and then reinstalled MP!Live the error message disappeared.  Now all is well.

Cheers:beer:
keralucu

RE: Error message - ....Installation Altered by Nagamasa on 09-05-2006 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jorfapigo
MSN 7.5

Messenger Plus! Live is not compatible with Messenger 7.5 and below. Please get Windows Live Messenger if you want to use Messenger Plus! Live.
RE: Error message - ....Installation Altered by edicius_winter on 09-06-2006 at 02:15 PM

I have almost the same problem.  I tried downloading Messenger Plus, but when I try to run the installation, I get an error telling me that the author of the program is unknown (something along those line).  when i chose to run the program anyways, i get an error as to what Messenger Plus isn't a valid Win32 application!!!!!!!  What can I do?:(