Shoutbox

"net send" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: "net send" (/showthread.php?tid=65690)

"net send" by Eddie on 09-01-2006 at 01:58 PM

At school our computers are all networked and there is a new hype that we have found, when we open notepad and type "net send * or username" then a message it sends it to all computers or a certain user (Windows 2000), does anyone know any other cool things like this and how to do this through a Router Network, as im sure it must be possible *-)

RE: "net send" by Chris4 on 09-01-2006 at 02:04 PM

how do you get the most out of a school pc?
Blocked sites
[SOLUTION] use MSN at work/school

:)

RE: "net send" by markee on 09-01-2006 at 02:05 PM

Have a look at how do you get the most out of a school pc? from back in April.  Some great ideas came from it, though it would be good to see if anyone had any new ones.

EDIT: Beaten to it :sad:

RE: "net send" by Eddie on 09-01-2006 at 02:06 PM

Thanks i can get MSN at school anyway :d and my school firewals are easy to take out :P n00bs :D i will look at those others.

RE: "net send" by stoshrocket on 09-01-2006 at 02:28 PM

erm.. careful trying to do those things on a school PC. I'm a friend of JCC's from the 'how to get the most out of a school PC' thread and I ended up using a proxy to bypass the black list. I got pulled aside by the deputy head, apparently someone told aload of people about the proxy and within a week everyone was seraching google images for teen sex, and as it was my proxy he had the right to assume it was all me. Due to it containing 'teen' it would've been classed as something that could've got me on the sex offender's list  and i got threatened with suspension for that little stunt, all because some prick wanted to be rebellious and watch pron at school (i used the proxy for doing minor things like coming onto the forums once and awhile at school). Not as fun as you first think, just be wary. Ture story btw :P

RE: "net send" by alexp2_ad on 09-01-2006 at 02:32 PM

True story with a happy ending:  I took a class called "Administration", it turned out to be just doing spreadsheets... so I just brought in / downloaded emulators and such all the time.  I found a hidden folder on the network that was tucked away, but everyone had read / write access to.  I put all the stuff in there.

A lot of pupils throughout the school knew about it, and it wasn't until two years after it started (by which point I had over 1.5GB of stuff on there) that it got noticed.  And I don't know if they were just impressed or what, but all I got was a slight "Don't you do that again!" from my computing teacher. :P

RE: "net send" by Eddie on 09-01-2006 at 03:07 PM

Lol we me and my friend got our accounts banned for a day the other day for sending net send to teachers but we forgot to change computer name so it came up with out names stupid thing :S But thanks all :) i will take a look ;)

RE: "net send" by Chris4 on 09-01-2006 at 04:12 PM

Well I can't get on Messenger, never tried a proxy so might try them, don't think netsend works and you can't get to the run box. :sad:

School stars Tuesday (:dodgy:) so I'll try stuff then :tongue:

RE: "net send" by stoshrocket on 09-01-2006 at 04:15 PM

bah, those days are over for me :sad: im going to a sixth form attached to my school, but for sixth form they make you sign a sheet saying that you won't damage or exploit the computers in any way shape or form, the result being immediate expulsion. Ah well...

RE: "net send" by Eddie on 09-01-2006 at 04:22 PM

hehe we just do it for kicks, and next to everyone is now doing it so until the IT Admins cancel the messenger service in 2000 there stuffed :P

RE: "net send" by alexp2_ad on 09-01-2006 at 04:27 PM

I also recommend bringing in a linux live CD, like Knoppix or the live version of ubuntu, and booting that up, just to see how inept your computing teachers are when it comes to a system they haven't used. :P

After booting it up, either leave it running and leave, or if you're in a risk taking mood, call over the teacher and tell them you're not sure how it happened but it just came up like that. :P

RE: "net send" by Eddie on 09-01-2006 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
I also recommend bringing in a linux live CD, like Knoppix or the live version of ubuntu, and booting that up, just to see how inept your computing teachers are when it comes to a system they haven't used. :P
Im sure i have a copy of Ubuntu on a USB or something somewhere :P But my IT Admin guy has used a Linux System before tho :\
RE: RE: "net send" by alexp2_ad on 09-01-2006 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
Im sure i have a copy of Ubuntu on a USB or something somewhere :P But my IT Admin guy has used a Linux System before tho :\

Still entertaining if you just leave it running to confuse other students in the next class or whatever. :P

Though don't run it from a USB... you'd have to leave the USB in!  Just burn a copy of the live CD instead. ;)

BTW, booting up linux live discs can also be fun in badly secured computer showrooms! (Y)
RE: "net send" by Eddie on 09-01-2006 at 04:33 PM

:lol: *plots an evil plan* :refuck: Hehe cant wait till school on monday :D omg i cant believe i said that :|

RE: "net send" by Voldemort on 09-01-2006 at 09:36 PM

i use my laptop at school... no proxies no anything so no problem :)

RE: "net send" by Chris4 on 09-01-2006 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Or my friend made a Net Send Program that was pretty fun.. You could change the location that it said it came from to so it was fun for getting other ppl in trouble (Smilie)
Still got it? (A)

* Chris4 wishes
RE: "net send" by NiteMare on 09-02-2006 at 12:02 AM

try

code:
net send * "poop"

RE: "net send" by Stigmata on 09-02-2006 at 12:40 AM

heh, i still have the letter on my wall at home saying the school are going to ban me from all computers....

Anyway, yeah it may seem like fun now.. but yeah.. other kids will get u in trouble..

RE: "net send" by Chris4 on 09-02-2006 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
heh, i still have the letter on my wall at home saying the school are going to ban me from all computers....

Haha, framed? :P

I (stupidly) wrote a 'rude' word in on Google search. They found out and showed me up in front of the class. The next 6 months was very misrable with the whole year(/grade) taking the pee out of meh :sad:

:wall:
RE: "net send" by Voldemort on 09-02-2006 at 12:43 AM

they like tell everyone that you told them that and they tell their friends that x told them that u told them...

whatever, i pointed classmates to a proxy, an online messenger and bypass for google images..... almost got suspended

RE: "net send" by DarkMe on 09-02-2006 at 12:45 AM

I paid a computer for crashing it with a trojan :p

RE: "net send" by Chris4 on 09-02-2006 at 12:48 AM

I made a small website that had some games on that I downlaoded and uploaded to my site so they wern't filtered.

Someone told the teacher and he asked me if I "have been letting students access games via my website".

"No sir, I don't know what your talking about :S" :rolleyes:

Soo I just thought.. meh.. screw um then.
* Chris4 removes the site

"Chrisss.. why can't I get on your website??"
:refuck:

RE: "net send" by Voldemort on 09-02-2006 at 12:50 AM

I would have told him "errr..... no?and if i did.... what? you cant control the internet..."

RE: "net send" by Eddie on 09-02-2006 at 03:43 AM

Our school crashed our servers the other day :S We had 100% full in a server that holds 10 terabytes :S and the whole server died, and when the IT deleted media files (.mp3s and .wmp) they ended up deleting 354,489 Media Files :S And there was also about 50 movies in there to.

RE: "net send" by Voldemort on 09-02-2006 at 03:48 AM

pron collections?

RE: "net send" by wolfeboy100 on 09-02-2006 at 04:01 AM

ugh is my school the only one who uses macs? we cant do nothing on ours and i almost got banned from the school computers for letting my friends using my student server

RE: "net send" by Eddie on 09-02-2006 at 04:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
pron collections?
lol surprisingly no :S our school has never had problems with that stuff *-).
quote:
Originally posted by wolfeboy100
ugh is my school the only one who uses macs? we cant do nothing on ours and i almost got banned from the school computers for letting my friends using my student server
Macs for school computers suck :( They were the same for my Primary School Computers (N)
RE: "net send" by wolfeboy100 on 09-02-2006 at 04:17 AM

is there even anything fun things i can do on a mac, besides unlocking my computer when the IT "freezes" it

RE: "net send" by DarkMe on 09-02-2006 at 04:17 AM

I have Windows and Linux in my  school computer :d

RE: "net send" by NiteMare on 09-02-2006 at 05:09 AM

quote:
ugh is my school the only one who uses macs?
yes you are
quote:
we cant do nothing on ours
and that s why
RE: RE: "net send" by rav0 on 09-02-2006 at 05:13 AM

quote:
is there even anything fun things i can do on a mac, besides unlocking my computer when the IT "freezes" it

Play Lemmings!
RE: "net send" by markee on 09-02-2006 at 05:16 AM

Our uni computers are awsome, we can do anything we want.  It's very tempting to try and screw it all up but I'm thinking there has to be some other sae guards somewhere and I don't want to be kicked out over something stupid.  I remember the days of all this protection in school, it sucked.  They didn't like the idea of exe files and we started getting detentions for it so everyone just changed the file extensions when we weren't using them :P

RE: "net send" by dylan! on 09-02-2006 at 06:12 AM

I hope you get caught and in trouble.. I got caught along wiht some others and we got banned from the computer for the year and tthe head guy that controlled all the computers and the network for our whole province came and explained to us baout how expensive it is and how muhc e screwed things up and how if he did something half as bad he would have been fired and stuff

RE: RE: "net send" by rav0 on 09-02-2006 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chr0m0P3t
I hope you get caught and in trouble.. I got caught along wiht some others and we got banned from the computer for the year and tthe head guy that controlled all the computers and the network for our whole province came and explained to us baout how expensive it is and how muhc e screwed things up and how if he did something half as bad he would have been fired and stuff

I hope that you understand that the point of this thread isn't how to run up costs and damage equipment, the point is trying to get as close to the maximum potential of the systems utilised.

Maybe you got in a lot of trouble, and what you did was enough to get the head guy that controlled all the computers and the network for your whole province fired, but I try to bypass filters so that I can email assessment code to members of the group that I'm doing it with.