Shoutbox

[Release] Winamp Controller - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] Winamp Controller (/showthread.php?tid=65694)

[Release] Winamp Controller by Ash_ on 09-01-2006 at 03:38 PM

Winamp Controller is a small window placed inside all conversation windows that allows you to pause/play/skip and stop songs.

It looks like this:
[Image: workingpf2.png]

things i want to improve on in the future:

1. Better looking
  2. Another window placed inside the contact window
  3. different players support

commands include:
/wchide : hides all the Winamp Controllers
/wcshow : shows all the Winamp Controllers

Also: this version doesent support tab chats, still working on that.

if you have any suggestions or comments please post ;D
RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Chris4 on 09-01-2006 at 03:52 PM

Wow, that's a nice script.

Hope you can make it work for WMP aswell. :)

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Supersonicdarky on 09-01-2006 at 03:54 PM

does it only go into the top bar? because i always have it hidden but i'd like to use the script

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Ash_ on 09-01-2006 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
does it only go into the top bar? because i always have it hidden but i'd like to use the script
atm yeh but im considering other areas. if you find a really nice area to place it make a screenshot with the spot outlined and post it in this thread ;D

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

ill try :P i heard its pretty hard though.

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Keikonium on 09-01-2006 at 04:16 PM

I have wanted something like this since 7.5 :o! So good job ^_^. I don't use winamp however :(. I did notice some issues...

1. I use messpatch to add some extra buttons to the top area... this script doesn't take into account the extra buttons, therefore overlaps them. Think you could detect for extra buttons on have this be placed right next to the last button?

2. I use foobar2000... think you could add support for that? I have the winamp addon for foobar, but this is the first winamp app that it doesn't work for (the controls that is... I can see the song name/length/etc.)

3. When I 'X' it out, I have to close down the convo, "show all winamp controllers" and then bring the convo back up... can it be shown without having to exit the convo?

4. I wonder... would it be possible to move it down to the bar right above the text input area? Right aligned with no "box" to sit in, just the controls? Here is an image...

[Image: examplemsncontrol.png]

Guess I should have expanded... the weird star shape could be a "random" button. To choose a random song (I would LOVE that if its possible). And the song name could be a bit longer... move the buttons over to the left a little...

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Eddie on 09-01-2006 at 04:19 PM

Very nice :) Handy and works well :)

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Supersonicdarky on 09-01-2006 at 04:20 PM

damn u, stole my concept [Image: msn_sad.gif]

[Image: 3c7149e7.jpg]

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Ash_ on 09-01-2006 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
damn u, stole my concept [Image: msn_sad.gif]

[Image: 3c7149e7.jpg]

very nice, ill get working on it tomorrow (its like 2am here now).
quote:
Originally posted by Keikonium
I have wanted something like this since 7.5 :o! So good job ^_^. I don't use winamp however :(. I did notice some issues...

1. I use messpatch to add some extra buttons to the top area... this script doesn't take into account the extra buttons, therefore overlaps them. Think you could detect for extra buttons on have this be placed right next to the last button?

i don't know, i could do it but youd have to enter how many buttons you use or something. detecting is reallly hard i dont think i can do it.
quote:
2. I use foobar2000... think you could add support for that? I have the winamp addon for foobar, but this is the first winamp app that it doesn't work for (the controls that is... I can see the song name/length/etc.)

sure.
quote:

3. When I 'X' it out, I have to close down the convo, "show all winamp controllers" and then bring the convo back up... can it be shown without having to exit the convo?
yeh i noticed that as soon as i uploaded it, next update it will be fixed.
quote:
4. I wonder... would it be possible to move it down to the bar right above the text input area? Right aligned with no "box" to sit in, just the controls? Here is an image...

[Image: examplemsncontrol.png]

Guess I should have expanded... the weird star shape could be a "random" button. To choose a random song (I would LOVE that if its possible). And the song name could be a bit longer... move the buttons over to the left a little...
yup ill get working on that placement position tomorrow. as for the random song, i will include it in the next update aswell =D.

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by boston on 09-01-2006 at 04:51 PM

i saw on the things you want to do and support more media players is needed
i use itunes so is there any chance you'll do this by september 5th (any time really) it would be really cool
thanks
i dont use win-amp but good script (judged by screenshots)
;)

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Chris4 on 09-01-2006 at 11:12 PM

I think you should be able to position it like the Timezone script, just make it easier if you can because the Timezone way is very confusing and doesn't explain how to do it very well.

Maybe ask to use their code? :)

Or...
* Chris4 comes up with an idea and uses his 1337 paint skills

[Image: positioningap7.png]

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Ash_ on 09-01-2006 at 11:16 PM

quote:
I think you should be able to position it like the Timezone script, just make it easier if you can because the Timezone way is very confusing and doesn't explain how to do it very well.

Maybe ask to use their code? :)

Or...
* Chris4 comes up with an idea and uses his 1337 paint skills

[Image: positioningap7.png]
good idea, ill include that with a bunch of premade locations in the next update.
RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Chris4 on 09-02-2006 at 01:44 AM

I don't have Winamp, but what does the [X] do in the script? Is it suppost to disable/close the script or does it close winamp or something?

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by MX-G on 09-02-2006 at 02:03 AM

It looks very nice, it's a great and wonderfull job, but I would like one that only works with WMP :<, it could be more usefull for me, because i don't use winamp to much, only for special cases:(

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Ash_ on 09-02-2006 at 02:04 AM

quote:
I don't have Winamp, but what does the [X] do in the script? Is it suppost to disable/close the script or does it close winamp or something?

it's supposed (:P) to hide the script, i buggered something up just before i released it. itll be fixed soon, sorry for the inconvenience.
RE: RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Buzz44 on 09-02-2006 at 03:10 AM

quote:

You don't REALLY need one for WMP. The latest WMP 11 beta(s) allows you to shrink WMP to the taskbar (much like NSW/NAV? 2006), giving you the ability to skip, play, stop, change volume etc.

[Image: untitlednu5.png]

Ofcourse if your lazy and don't want to move the cursor like 200px then go for it :D!
RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by MX-G on 09-02-2006 at 03:17 AM

i know, but it could be nice in wlm :D

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Buzz44 on 09-02-2006 at 04:13 AM

I know :D. This might help those you want to give it ago, I'm too lazy ^^.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url..._mcisendstring.asp

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Jimbo on 09-02-2006 at 09:25 AM

I know itunes+ can do what i am about to say, but i think this looks a lot better and neater.
could you add support for itunes? or windows media player?

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by aNILEator on 09-02-2006 at 10:32 AM

better and neater????

itunes+ pwns this script, have you used the advert replacer in itunes+? its seriously sexy stuff compared to this blocky bar that in my opinion looks out of place.

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Jimbo on 09-02-2006 at 10:42 AM

i prefer this one as it is a lot easier to deal with
i think it looks better than itunes+'s
i hope itunes can be incorporated into it

RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Spunky on 09-02-2006 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Buzz44
Of course if your lazy and don't want to move the cursor like 200px then go for it!

But this could be adapted to use commands like iTunes+ does. That way, you never have to take your hands off the keyboard. Isn't it funny how things go around? People are going back to not using the mouse :p
RE: [Release] Winamp Controller by Ash_ on 09-03-2006 at 05:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 134jimbodude
i prefer this one as it is a lot easier to deal with
i think it looks better than itunes+'s
i hope itunes can be incorporated into it
yup pretty much already done.

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
better and neater????

itunes+ pwns this script, have you used the advert replacer in itunes+? its seriously sexy stuff compared to this blocky bar that in my opinion looks out of place.
QQ dont use it then.