Shoutbox

Previewer Script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Previewer Script (/showthread.php?tid=65711)

Previewer Script by andrewlinn957 on 09-01-2006 at 09:41 PM

I recognise that this could easily be a very stupid and n00b type question, but i was wondering...

Would it be possibe to create a script which allow you to preview the message someone is in the process of typing? Since on messenger it says *username* is typing a message when they are typing a message, i thought it would be cool if you could see what that message was.

Anywhoo, it's probably not possible. But if it is... Make that script!!!

RE: Previewer Script by cloudhunter on 09-01-2006 at 09:45 PM

Totally not possible :) All the MSN protocol sends when a person is typing is that the person is typing :P no more information.

Cloudy

RE: Previewer Script by andrewlinn957 on 09-01-2006 at 09:45 PM

Damn! ah well. thanks

RE: Previewer Script by Jimbo on 09-02-2006 at 09:29 AM

It would be possible if both persons had a script, however this would be a total invasion of privacy

RE: Previewer Script by linx05 on 09-02-2006 at 10:00 AM

Not if you both knew you had it 134jimbodude.

RE: Previewer Script by Jimbo on 09-02-2006 at 10:03 AM

yes, but you could just hide it in another script:p

RE: Previewer Script by Zeh on 09-02-2006 at 03:13 PM

Well if both had the script then they would know that anyone with the script could see what they were typing and by that they would be accepting that condition when installing the script has long has if they were informed of that before downloading the script. So technicly it wouldn't be any invasion.

RE: Previewer Script by Eddie on 09-02-2006 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
Totally not possible :) All the MSN protocol sends when a person is typing is that the person is typing :P no more information.

Cloudy
hasn't this already been resolved anyway by that ^^ :S
i don't understand what you would want to see what your contact is typing anyway.
RE: RE: Previewer Script by Zeh on 09-02-2006 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 134jimbodude
It would be possible if both persons had a script, however this would be a total invasion of privacy

Has you see it is possible if both people had a script that would permit it. And why do people want any of the scripts? For fun. lol
RE: Previewer Script by Eddie on 09-02-2006 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zeh
Has you see it is possible if both people had a script that would permit it. And why do people want any of the scripts? For fun. lol
mmm i guess *-) Someone make it and we find out then i guess ;)
RE: Previewer Script by skyserpent on 09-03-2006 at 06:55 PM

i think it would be cool. aslong as everyone that installs it knows what it does then its not a invasion of privacy

RE: Previewer Script by CookieRevised on 09-03-2006 at 07:27 PM

How are you going to send the pressed keystrokes to the contact?
You need to open an external connection for that.
For that you need to know the IP address of the contact.
For that you need to send something to the contact (file transfer, etc) as Messenger doesn't always use a direct connection which would reveal the IP.
For that you need to work at protocol level (sniffing).

Note: the (!IP) command, or any other method of sending the IP to your contact so his script knows your IP is of no use as that would require the script to send your IP to everybody who you talk to as it can not know who has the script and who doesn't.

AKA: certainly not strait forward to make something like this.

RE: Previewer Script by Zeh on 09-03-2006 at 08:24 PM

You could invite someone to a conversation that you can see the pressed keys. If the person acepts it it would trade ip's and then it would all be possible. Of course the person would only be able to accept if they had the script. Like it would send a code that the script would recognise and open a window to accept. If the person doesn't have the script they would just see a command in the conversation window.
That would ultimatly solve the privacy issue as well!