Shoutbox

[request] Gif in avatar ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [request] Gif in avatar ? (/showthread.php?tid=65715)

[request] Gif in avatar ? by JackBurton on 09-01-2006 at 11:39 PM

Is there a script that permit to set .gif in avatar space ?!?

tanks u :)

RE: [request] Gif in avatar ? by Chris4 on 09-01-2006 at 11:50 PM

By 'avatar' I prosume you mean 'display picture' ?

You can't get animated display pictures if that's what you mean (only Muggins, WeeMee's, Meegos, etc. and most of them cost). You can click on the 'packs' button in a conversation and most of them include a 'dynamic display picture' which moves.

You can set normal pictures that are .gif as your display picture.

RE: [request] Gif in avatar ? by JackBurton on 09-02-2006 at 08:53 AM

yeah i know that i can use the Meegos for example, but in the old msn, if I choose a .gif to put it in the display picture, it remain freeze and don't move like the animation of the gif.
pratically he stop at the first frame of the animation.

is there with WLM a script or some other to make it moving ? :) thank yu

RE: [request] Gif in avatar ? by Felu on 09-02-2006 at 08:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JackBurton
is there with WLM a script or some other to make it moving ?[Image: msn_happy.gif] ank yu

No, not yet [Image: msn_confused.gif]. And i don't think it would even by possible at all [Image: xso_sad.gif], but you can steal dpp's from your contacts in the upcoming Stuff Plug 3.
RE: [request] Gif in avatar ? by Jarrod on 09-04-2006 at 07:06 AM

this could be possible and i've seen a script that you can use but i'm not sure how well it works but this is wat i'm thinking they have scripts to automatlicly change your display picture every x seconds. if you can split your gif into all the frames and change them really quickly well in theory your display pic should move

RE: [request] Gif in avatar ? by aNILEator on 09-04-2006 at 09:19 AM

slideshow DP's are rubbush, your contacts won't get them all, and it flashes between dp changes

RE: [request] Gif in avatar ? by saralk on 09-04-2006 at 09:50 AM

It would technically be possible if both contacts had the same script, but its not a simple script to make, and would take a lot of work.