Shoutbox

Avatars in the main list - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Avatars in the main list (/showthread.php?tid=65719)

Avatars in the main list by ChromeX on 09-02-2006 at 07:20 AM

Buenas... Maybe that was already asked but i couldn't find anything.

Applting the setting 'display contacts' avatars in the main list on the left' with the mess.be patch will remove the green buddy icons and you can't know anymore if the contact is busy/brb/away. Can't it be applied to be displayed instead of the gleams (yellow stars) ? So i can keep both, avatars and buddy icons?

RE: Avatars in the main list by Felu on 09-02-2006 at 07:23 AM

Download Contact List Tweak <<-- That has the feature you requested :grin:.

Sorry but the actual site is down or is shifted somewhere else, so i uploaded the latest version i had.

RE: Avatars in the main list by ChromeX on 09-02-2006 at 07:36 AM

just tried it, applied but doesnt work ..i still see the green buddies

RE: Avatars in the main list by Felu on 09-02-2006 at 08:14 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=723367]

RE: Avatars in the main list by ChromeX on 09-02-2006 at 11:28 AM

nothing, doesnt work. maybe because it's already patched by mess patch?

RE: Avatars in the main list by Felu on 09-02-2006 at 12:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChromeX
nothing, doesnt work. maybe because it's already patched by mess patch?
Maybe... Remove Mess Patch, Put this one on and then put Mess Patch without the options that do this [Image: msn_happy.gif].
RE: Avatars in the main list by artfuldodga on 09-02-2006 at 12:40 PM

the patch works for me....
but looking at your screenshot... you have black lines around the mini dp's... mine show up as well, faded i guess into the white background.

also, if somebody updates their space i get a * of course, and that.. shifts that 'one' contacts dp & name.. off center from everybody else

ex)

[dp] nick - blah
*[dp] nick - blah blah..
[dp] nick ...

you get the idea..

RE: Avatars in the main list by Eddie on 09-02-2006 at 12:58 PM

The * means updated personal information, im sure there is a way of stopping that coming up, cant find it :S i will wait for someone else to post if it can be removed or not.

RE: Avatars in the main list by artfuldodga on 09-02-2006 at 01:42 PM

it can be removed via mess patch :P, but im saying... from the previously posted screenshot, it is there... but the mini dp's are in line... etc.

RE: Avatars in the main list by ins4ne on 09-02-2006 at 02:21 PM

@artfuldodga:
i dont have that problem... i get the * but the contacts are still in one line. so no

quote:
Originally posted by artfuldodga
[dp] nick - blah
*[dp] nick - blah blah..
[dp] nick ...

RE: Avatars in the main list by artfuldodga on 09-02-2006 at 02:53 PM

I do, and im not sure what would cause it.. i use mess patch..:P if that means anything..

RE: Avatars in the main list by ins4ne on 09-02-2006 at 02:58 PM

i use a-patch... maybe thats the problem like you said... maybe mess-patch and contactlist tweak dont like each other :|

RE: Avatars in the main list by Graventhorp on 09-02-2006 at 03:05 PM

WTF!?

I used to use Mess PAtch and ContactListTweak... i loved the result....but since WLM asked to update, the ContactlistTweak doesn't seem to work! doesn't matter if I remove mess patch first or anything!!!

Any suggestions?

RE: Avatars in the main list by Thor on 09-02-2006 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Graventhorp
WTF!?

I used to use Mess PAtch and ContactListTweak... i loved the result....but since WLM asked to update, the ContactlistTweak doesn't seem to work! doesn't matter if I remove mess patch first or anything!!!

Any suggestions?
That's odd :S

What I did hen the 812 came, I uninstalled WLM, applied ContactlistTweak (newest version) and then I applied Mess Ptch without that option. I don't have any problems, it all works for me, and I'm running NB (norwegian) WLM. :)
RE: Avatars in the main list by Graventhorp on 09-02-2006 at 03:16 PM

Argh, i miss my medium DPs... the new mess patch has the option to show the SMALL ones, but, that's ugly....they're TOO small!!!!

RE: Avatars in the main list by Graventhorp on 09-02-2006 at 03:25 PM

Umm....yeah...i ahve that.... it doesn't work with 812 in my lap....can't get it to work....didn't you read my first complaining post?

RE: Avatars in the main list by ins4ne on 09-02-2006 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
You can make the DPS Medium Size with the patch provided below.
ya in the detailed contactlist... but in the normal one you must use the small dps or the green buddies... there isnt an option to make them medium :(
RE: Avatars in the main list by Graventhorp on 09-02-2006 at 03:30 PM

I had them medium in detailed not 1 hour ago, then I updated to 812 and it all went to hell

RE: Avatars in the main list by Eddie on 09-02-2006 at 03:31 PM

quote:
I had them medium in detailed not 1 hour ago, then I updated to 812 and it all went to hell
If you want it that badly then downgrade to the previous build :S
here
RE: Avatars in the main list by Thor on 09-02-2006 at 03:32 PM

quote:
oh... :(

I don't use the Medium DP option, only for the normal view. Sorry :$

Do you have any other patches than Mess-Patch?
RE: Avatars in the main list by ins4ne on 09-02-2006 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro

I don't use the Medium DP option, only for the normal view.
i want it for normal view... but it only works for detailed one for me :'(
RE: Avatars in the main list by Graventhorp on 09-02-2006 at 03:38 PM

quote:
quote:
oh... :(

I don't use the Medium DP option, only for the normal view. Sorry :$

What do you mean only for the normal view? I really don't care on what view it is as long as they're medium... not humongous like the msn default where you can see like 6 contacts at a time without scrolling or miniscule like the Mess PAtch option where you can't even tell what the DP IS....

RE: Avatars in the main list by ins4ne on 09-02-2006 at 03:42 PM

you got normal contactlist and detailed contactlist. in detailed th dps are medium. i want them medium in normal contactlist. you got it?

RE: Avatars in the main list by Thor on 09-02-2006 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
you got normal contactlist and detailed contactlist. in detailed th dps are medium. i want them medium in normal contactlist. you got it?
quote:
If I am correct you're both asking for the same.

It is NOT possible to have medium in noraml, but it's possible to have medium in detailed.
RE: Avatars in the main list by ins4ne on 09-02-2006 at 03:50 PM

quote:
It is NOT possible to have medium in noraml, but it's possible to have medium in detailed.
damn... ok thx for the info... wasnt that hard to get it;) btw you quoted the wrong text for the right person or the wrong person for the right text :huh:
RE: Avatars in the main list by Graventhorp on 09-02-2006 at 03:52 PM

and i don't care in what mode it is as long as the DPs are medium, seriously

RE: Avatars in the main list by Thor on 09-02-2006 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne
quote:
damn... ok thx for the info... wasnt that hard to get it;) btw you quoted the wrong text for the right person or the wrong person for the right text :huh:
Ooops,, typo :P
quote:
and i don't care in what mode it is as long as the DPs are medium, seriously
That should be possible, however I have tried it with older builds but I haven't tried on 812. 8-)
So I don't know if the Medium DP works on 812, but it should work. :)
RE: Avatars in the main list by ins4ne on 09-02-2006 at 04:05 PM

ya they work... for detailed view ;)

RE: Avatars in the main list by Graventhorp on 09-02-2006 at 04:36 PM

YAYY!!

I did it, i had to completely uninstall WLM, reinstall it, apply the CLT, and then Mess Patch.

RE: Avatars in the main list by ChromeX on 09-02-2006 at 07:44 PM

so do i have to downgrade my version to <812 or reinstall msg, then apply 1st clt and then mess patch?

RE: Avatars in the main list by Thor on 09-02-2006 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChromeX
so do i have to downgrade my version to <812 or reinstall msg, then apply 1st clt and then mess patch?
Well, there aren't officially know newer builds, but technically yes :)
RE: Avatars in the main list by ChromeX on 09-03-2006 at 07:40 AM

ehm... yes to which question?
downgrade messenger or reinstall it and apply ctl and then mess patch?

RE: Avatars in the main list by Thor on 09-03-2006 at 07:46 AM

Since I dunno what version you are using, I'll do it easy, Get 812, apply clt, then mess patch. :)

RE: Avatars in the main list by Felu on 09-03-2006 at 08:12 AM

@ChromeX : You can use this version of ctl with 812 so you really don't need to downgrade. What you can do it, re-install WLM and patch it with ctl and then mess patch without the dp in contact list options so that both the patches don't mess up [Image: msn_happy.gif].

RE: Avatars in the main list by Zeh on 09-04-2006 at 05:21 AM

Ok this may be a little dumb to ask but in the patch it talks about a detailed contact list... I always had only one type of contact list what is the detailed contact list? Is it something that the patch adds?

Ok forget it... I found it... I'm a little lazy so I never bored to click the button with 2 arrows on top of the contact list... I said it was dumb to ask... lol