Shoutbox

windows messenger? is annoying - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: windows messenger? is annoying (/showthread.php?tid=65720)

windows messenger? is annoying by boston on 09-02-2006 at 09:59 AM

ive got windows live messenger and windows messenger and windows messenger keeps signing my friend in and he is not always allowed on the computer and everyone speaks to him its really annoying because ive blocked windows messenger to get connection and deleted the DLL files and i dont know his password.
so i need help

p.s could it be a virus

RE: windows messenger? is annoying by Felu on 09-02-2006 at 10:04 AM

Sign Out of Windows Messenger And un-tick Sign Me in Automatically *-). Wouldn't that do it, also for more security just remove his email and password from Windows Messenger.

RE: windows messenger? is annoying by boston on 09-02-2006 at 10:05 AM

ive done all that and how do i delete the accounts from Wm 4.7?
it still signs in

RE: windows messenger? is annoying by CookieRevised on 09-02-2006 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by boston
ive blocked windows messenger to get connection and deleted the DLL files
Do not tamper with Windows Messenger like that if you don't know what you're doing (or any program for that matter).

There is a reason why Microsoft does not want you to delete/remove Windows Messenger. Many plugins, addons and even MSN Messenger itself requires Windows Messenger to be installed.

Reinstall it completely and follow the instructions given here:
"CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger"

Do not follow any other instructions you might find as they all will cripple Windows Messenger in such a way that other programs like MSN Messenger don't work 100% anymore.
RE: windows messenger? is annoying by haydos on 09-02-2006 at 10:20 AM

Re-download, and re-install Windows Messenger 4.7, hopefully that way you should be able to change the settings...

You should also check out CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger