Shoutbox

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead (/showthread.php?tid=65803)

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Lou on 09-04-2006 at 05:04 AM

[Image: r104739_322148.jpg]

quote:
THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said.

It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occured.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

This is the main topic of discussion currently on #banana.
Confirmed:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200609/s1732439.htm
haydn along with other irc visitors
http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/23/10ebv.html

I'm actually quite shocked at this, seeing as he always seemed to get away with dangers like that. It sucks to see him go.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by -Bogan- on 09-04-2006 at 05:05 AM

By a stingray man how the hell did it peirce through his chest

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by WDZ on 09-04-2006 at 05:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
I'm actually quite shocked at this, seeing as he always seemed to get away with dangers like that. It sucks to see him go.
Yeah. :(

As I said in the shoutbox, I always thought of him as an immortal superhero. :(
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by ddunk on 09-04-2006 at 05:09 AM

<+marissa> i wonder what happened to the sting ray

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by marissa on 09-04-2006 at 05:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
<+marissa> i wonder what happened to the sting ray
you suck. :(

but i was really wondering...

it's a shame though. poor guy
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by albert on 09-04-2006 at 05:20 AM

I know it sounds kinda isensitive but at least he died doing what he loved..

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by CookieRevised on 09-04-2006 at 05:22 AM

damn... the world lost one big heck of a animal friend/ researcher/ documentarian/ teacher/ etc....

I still sometimes watch his programs...

:( :( :(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by qgroessl on 09-04-2006 at 05:23 AM

That really sucks... he was like, one of the original guys to make shows like that and stuff... Really sucks

I hope the stingray is alright tbh.... it's called a freak accident for a reason... and really I don't think he'd want them to kill it for it killing him.... he loved animals too much for that.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Silentdragon on 09-04-2006 at 05:24 AM

I used to like his shows :( I'll miss him and his Crikey.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by qgroessl on 09-04-2006 at 05:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
but at least he died doing what he loved..

I agree with that... the only thing that I could've pictured being different would be that it would've been a croc instead of some other animal.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Lou on 09-04-2006 at 05:27 AM

I sincerely wish that his wife and the rest of his family will be glad he died doing what he loved most, as Alby stated, instead of in a car accident or something of the sort. Of course they won't be happy that it happened, far from it, and neither am I, but I hope it helps ease the pain a little.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by J.J on 09-04-2006 at 05:37 AM

Oh my freaking God. Thats...unbelieveable...

:( He won't be forgotten thats for sure

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by DJeX on 09-04-2006 at 05:42 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! oh man.

:( Will be missed for sure.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by NanaFreak on 09-04-2006 at 05:42 AM

i didnt really like the guy but it is sad that he did die.

<EDITED STUFF OUT BEFORE POSTING HERE>

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by -dt- on 09-04-2006 at 06:12 AM

:'(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by prashker on 09-04-2006 at 06:54 AM

:sad:

CROIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* prashker is sad

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by hosey on 09-04-2006 at 07:06 AM

:shocked: crikey RIP steve Irwin :'(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by linx05 on 09-04-2006 at 07:09 AM

quote:
Exactly right. He's a bloody good Aussie who was a great humanitarian. He wasn't someone who got rich and famous and became big headed, he used a lot of the money he had to create recreation reserves. Something I take my hat off to. He was also a great father. Always had a tear in his eye when he talked about how much he loved his kids.

The sad thing is, the footage he was shooting was for his daughter program.

He truely is one of, if not the greatest humans around. RIP mate.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by MattyRid on 09-04-2006 at 07:09 AM

He may no longer be hunting crocs here, but I'm sure his occupation in the skies above us is hunting crocs.

Very sad indeed.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by -Bogan- on 09-04-2006 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
damn... the world lost one big heck of a animal friend/ researcher/ documentarian/ teacher/ etc....

I still sometimes watch his programs...

:( :( :(

True to that and he will always be remembered. I hope all his hard work doesn't go to waste and all his programs keep running.

To bad for his wife in the advertisers page they said she was climbing a mountain in Tasmania and may yet to have been told of his death.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Weyzza on 09-04-2006 at 07:59 AM

I don't watch his show, but I think he was a friendly guy who knew his stuff.

quote:

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by boston on 09-04-2006 at 08:19 AM

im not australian but i watched the shows of him in and the famous
"crikey mate" was a classic now he is dead :'(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Lourix on 09-04-2006 at 08:36 AM

I can't believe it the world will miss him he was a great guy.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by aNILEator on 09-04-2006 at 09:08 AM

Oh god give it a few hours and wait for the nasty text message jokes :'(

I'm gonna miss him, was that movie he did any good? if it is i'll go rent it

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by ForestPlus! on 09-04-2006 at 09:18 AM

He made 10'o clock on itv1 worth watching for once... R.I.P buddy :'(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Underlord on 09-04-2006 at 09:19 AM

We'll miss you!

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Max on 09-04-2006 at 09:27 AM

:(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Tasha on 09-04-2006 at 09:31 AM

That's so sad... oh my... But yeah, at least he died doing something he loved. :sad::cry:

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by ~INVASION~ on 09-04-2006 at 09:32 AM

wow, im like in total aww, i just cant believe it, thats horrible :'(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Sunshine on 09-04-2006 at 09:36 AM

I love his documentaries

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by xJ + on 09-04-2006 at 09:46 AM

Am I reading this correctly?

RIP.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Kenji on 09-04-2006 at 10:09 AM

:sad:

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by M73A on 09-04-2006 at 10:31 AM

i cant believe hes dead.... :( he cant die:(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Kenji on 09-04-2006 at 10:42 AM

There were made quick :/

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by ddunk on 09-04-2006 at 10:48 AM

I enjoyed CNN's ad placement on the story. Mirrored at http://ponynugget.net/irwin/, check out the ad on the right.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by absorbation on 09-04-2006 at 11:15 AM

Only two people have died in Australia from a string ray attack, that must be some real bad luck, especially when you can survive every other dangerous creature around

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by linx05 on 09-04-2006 at 01:16 PM

If anyone lives near Beerwah check out the Zoo. It's a great place. I got a chance to go there (just missed Steve) and had a great time.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Supersonicdarky on 09-04-2006 at 01:56 PM

too bad the invincible crocodile hunter died, but atleast i wont hear his annoying accent on discovery channel anymore...

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by user27089 on 09-04-2006 at 03:10 PM

quote:

That's exactly what I said to my Dad and my uncle this morning when I heard the news.

I really liked him, and I'm honestly really upset :(.

too many people are being disrespectful.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by x2zen on 09-04-2006 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I really liked him, and I'm honestly really upset .

Agreed

I really liked him and his shows. He did so much good for the animals. What a shame :( I really liked him
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Lourix on 09-04-2006 at 03:36 PM

I feel so sorry for his family bless them.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Patchou on 09-04-2006 at 04:50 PM

man that sucks... I got up this morning, turned on the tv like always to watch the news and when I heard about Steve Irwin's death, I had to play back the feed 4 times to make sure I didn't misunderstood.

This is a sad sad day, this guy was one of the few that I really admire for his work with animals.

RE: RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by segosa on 09-04-2006 at 05:59 PM

quote:

Why? Because they don't care that someone they didn't know died? Guess what, no one cares. Not really. Except his family and close friends. Sure, you aren't happy that he died, and neither am I, but are you crying about it? Are you losing any sleep? Are you sitting there wishing he'd come back, thinking back over all the nice memories you two had together? No.

How are people being disrespectful? By making those images? Just because someone made an image like that doesn't mean they are any more happy or unhappy that he died than anyone else. It doesn't mean they sat around with Photoshop open laughing to themselves thinking "Ha ha, Steve Irwin is dead, I'm going to make this image to show everyone how funny I think the situation is and how I don't care about him!" This is the Internet, for God's sake. In a lot of cases the images are created to piss you off anyway. And they succeed. Every time.

As they say, no one kicks a dead dog. No one makes "funny" images out of someone they don't care about. It's a compliment. They care about him enough to make an image like that. It doesn't mean they're evil bastards who wish he'd died sooner. Who would?

Do you think his friends and family are going to look at those images and think that it must have been the work of some heartless asshole to create such horrible pictures? Well, they probably will. Because they're the ones in pain. They forget that other people aren't in pain, and it's hard to feel just how bad other people's pain is unless they're experiencing it too.  And that's what they need to remember. It's not a personal attack. It's a person on the other side of the world who doesn't know Steve Irwin and isn't crying and mourning because he's gone. Why? Because, like most of the rest of the population, they didn't know him. And as a consequence, they deep down don't really care, just like you.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by user27089 on 09-04-2006 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Do you think his friends and family are going to look at those images and think that it must have been the work of some heartless asshole to create such horrible pictures? Well, they probably will. Because they're the ones in pain. They forget that other people aren't in pain, and it's hard to feel just how bad other people's pain is unless they're experiencing it too.  And that's what they need to remember. It's not a personal attack. It's a person on the other side of the world who doesn't know Steve Irwin and isn't crying and mourning because he's gone. Why? Because, like most of the rest of the population, they didn't know him. And as a consequence, they deep down don't really care, just like you.
The family and friends aren't going to appreciate those images are they.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Patchou on 09-04-2006 at 06:29 PM

segosa: internet or not, there's still something called respect for the deads.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by boston on 09-04-2006 at 06:33 PM

i care because i liked he crazyness a great guy desaerved better in life than just being looked at as insane he was great challenging

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Stigmata on 09-04-2006 at 06:36 PM

i loved that guy :(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Voldemort on 09-04-2006 at 06:38 PM

Aww well.... i honestly thought he won't ever die, i thought he was gonna die of being just old.....he always seemed to get away from danger....

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Thor on 09-04-2006 at 07:17 PM

That guy was great, kinda immortal.. :(

But now he's dead :(

R.I.P

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by qgroessl on 09-04-2006 at 08:09 PM

TBH I can't wait till different stations start doing like, weekend marathons of his show... It's been a while since I've seen it on... and it really is a neat show.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Menthix on 09-04-2006 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
i honestly thought he won't ever die, i thought he was gonna die of being just old.....he always seemed to get away from danger
TBH, I was amazed he was still alive until now. When I came how and my mom told about it my first reaction was "Which animal killed him?".
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by davidpolitis on 09-04-2006 at 08:54 PM

Have respect for him, think of how his poor daughter and wife are feeling now, his daughters only like 8 years old. How sad would you be if your father died at that age plus on top of that the news companies being happy because they have a huge story for the press?

You would feel like crap, wouldn't you?

My heart goes out to you, and your family through these hard times, I am Australian and used to watch you when I was little, you were like an Australian icon and everyone around the world knew you.

R.I.P

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Mentality on 09-04-2006 at 11:25 PM

That's awful to happen to such a warm and friendly guy, I'm gobsmacked.

I feel so much for his family at the moment, lets hope they get through this and that they have alot of people around them to help.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Panachiba on 09-05-2006 at 12:29 AM

oh man :(, i feel bad -_- ...-_-

quote:
but at least he died doing what he loved..

yeah..:(
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by cloudhunter on 09-05-2006 at 12:33 AM

I thought it was a joke at first, But It wasn't :(

My best wishes go out to his family and closest friends.

Cloudy

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by linx05 on 09-05-2006 at 01:07 AM

I will be donating to the Wildlife Warriors. You can too, just go to this site: http://www.wildlifewarriors.org.au/make_a_donation/

It is Tax deductible (depending where you live I think).

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Tandy on 09-05-2006 at 01:31 AM

Very sad day yesterday, he will be missed terribly

Apparently only 2 other cases have been found on people killed by stingrays.....this was very rare

RIP steve

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by LoochTheMan on 09-05-2006 at 02:19 AM

Two kids, a wife, and a huge reputation left behind. I thought that man was invincible. Maybe hes catching crocs with Jesus (not to offend any non-catholics).

R.I.P

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Joa on 09-05-2006 at 02:31 AM

i always had and still have great respect for that man. he knew the risks he was taking nearly everyday, yet he still went out there and did his thing. he died doing what he loved best.
R.I.P.

he is dead so he no longer suffers.. but i feel very bad for those he left behind...  :sad:

i didn't read the whole thread, i don't know if anybody mentioned it. i read that he and his friends always thought he'd die in the ocean.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by qgroessl on 09-05-2006 at 02:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
I will be donating to the Wildlife Warriors.

TBH wait till they make a Steve Irwin foundation... it's inevitable that they'll make one if there already isn't one in his name... But I guess any of them will do.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by davidpolitis on 09-05-2006 at 05:51 AM

I felt like punching a kid in the face at school today, he was being disrespectfull and said, "Crickey, I'm dead!" and was full on laughing.

Read here, it says that he was filming a sequence on Batt Reef off Port Douglas for his daughter’s new TV series, see how much he loved his daughter. :'(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by linx05 on 09-05-2006 at 06:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
TBH wait till they make a Steve Irwin foundation... it's inevitable that they'll make one if there already isn't one in his name... But I guess any of them will do.
Wildlife Warriors is Steve and Terri's foundation. You can read about it here. If anyone wants to donate, send it to that foundation.

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
I felt like punching a kid in the face at school today, he was being disrespectfull and said, "Crickey, I'm dead!" and was full on laughing.
It's reasons like that I am happy I have finished school. Don't worry, life will get back at him. I've seen it happen many times before to guys like him.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by John Anderton on 09-05-2006 at 06:07 AM

IMO he was a great guy who really cared about animals. Its a shame to see him go. I really liked him and liked seeing his shows every now and again.
RIP Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin - You shall always be loved :cry:

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by davidpolitis on 09-05-2006 at 06:44 AM

Heres some good news:

U.S.-based television company Discovery Communications, which produces Animal Planet, said it would set up a conservation fund in honor of Irwin, dubbed in one tribute a "modern-day Noah," and planned a marathon showing of his programs

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Lourix on 09-05-2006 at 06:47 AM

Thats good to hear :)

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by John Anderton on 09-05-2006 at 10:20 AM

Yeah thats nice. He really was a great guy :)

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by WDZ on 09-05-2006 at 04:37 PM

Discovery network launches Crikey Fund [Image: mininana.gif]

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Jimcando on 09-05-2006 at 04:41 PM

:( I was just watching Crocodile Hunter Diaries on Sunday and he seemed so happy jumping on crocodiles

It's good to know so many people care about him. Lets hope Bindi grows up well :P

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by user27089 on 09-05-2006 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
I will be donating to the Wildlife Warriors.

They already have, go to the discovery channel website, all of the information is there.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by MC Inferno on 09-05-2006 at 05:04 PM

rip

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by ShawnZ on 09-05-2006 at 05:27 PM

[13:25:10] <shawnz> ScT: 1 new item
[13:25:25] <shawnz> TV/XViD     Steve Irwin A Tribute 1962 To 2006 DSR XviD-SSTV

Goodbye Steve by Parlane on 09-06-2006 at 02:52 AM

http://www.goodbyesteve.com/

Website dedicated to Stephen R. Irwin, post your farewells to such a wonderful and great man. He has done so much for the world.

(sorry if this breaks any rules i am not quite up to date with this site)

RE: Goodbye Steve by DJeX on 09-06-2006 at 02:58 AM

Thanks for posting this.

RE: Goodbye Steve by lrac522 on 09-06-2006 at 03:07 AM

Sadly missed:(

RE: Goodbye Steve by Voldemort on 09-06-2006 at 03:12 AM

err... advertising the site you made?
whatever, its a good cause,

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by linx05 on 09-06-2006 at 01:32 PM

Here is a video of a tribute from his Dad: http://video.news.com.au/videoplayer?channel=Nati...ate=300&format=wmp

And Irwins may refuse state funeral. There are some more links in that article. One of them about how they fear the video will be released on the internet.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by markee on 09-06-2006 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~Bkitty~
Condolances to Terri ,Robert and Bindi..and also his father Bob,whom only lost his wife(Steves Mum) five years ago from a tragic accident as well.
Also Condolances to the community Of Beerwah and the Staff of the Aus Zoo.
Is still in shock ..a larger than life warrior of conservation,educator of the world...Gone..but I am sure his legacy will carry on,through his family ,his workmates and Friends.
Already have heard his Father will help Terri and steves Kiddies to keep The dream alive.
Very well said.  The only thing I would like to add is at least he used every moment he had to the best of his ability.  He brought smiles to so many faces around the world and has made us all realise of what a wonderful world we live in and wish for more people to be as passionate about life as Steve was.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Vimto on 09-07-2006 at 05:25 PM

May be a bit old posting about his death. But I really can't get over his death.

He was such the hero of the animal kingdom. He was always looking out for the animals and of everyone around him. He made alot of people aware of the conservation of endangered species and for other animals.

I never thought he would go like this (Maybe by a croc or something, but a fish :|)

I have been watching all of his shows on animal planet. They are showing back to back as a tribute.

I feel really sorry for poor Terry, Suey (Dont know how to spell it) and the kids. They must feel horrible. Especially terry who has spent all of that time with him.

I cried the first time I heard the news. Not ashamed to admit it. I just really cannot believe he's gone. I sound like I know him but he's just so nice and caring its awful :(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by WDZ on 09-07-2006 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.
Suey (Dont know how to spell it)
Actually, Suey passed away. There was a very sad episode about it. :cry:

Maybe now they will be reunited (if you believe in that stuff)...
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by L. Coyote on 09-07-2006 at 05:53 PM

Oh my... :| Figures I'd only find out in this forum. :-/

I used to watch his show years ago. I used to get annoyed with his accent. :p

I can only imagine how his wife feels. :(

RIP Steve (F)

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Chiko on 09-07-2006 at 07:45 PM

it is too sad :(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Voldemort on 09-07-2006 at 09:38 PM

quote:
(Maybe by a croc or something, but a fish

a fish?

i dont really think that a ray is classified as a fish...
and if it is, what is wrong with that?
have you seen someone stung by one? the blood that comes out extremely fast?
RE: RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by user27089 on 09-07-2006 at 10:13 PM

quote:
quote:
(Maybe by a croc or something, but a fish

a fish?

i dont really think that a ray is classified as a fish...
and if it is, what is wrong with that?
have you seen someone stung by one? the blood that comes out extremely fast?

I know what you mean. People underestimate the damage that something like a sting-ray can do. It's the same with lots of other fish that usually sting you in the foot when you tread on them, if you swim over them and your neck hits them, then it could easily puncture your artery and kill you (i'm using this example as a weever fish doesn't have a long enough spine to reach your heart or lungs).

The sting-rays sting is like a barb, once it's in it is very difficult to get out, similar to getting a fish-hook in your hand. It's the equivelant of being harpooned through the heart, with the poison in the spine aswell, nobody could stand a chance.

I'm pretty sure a sting-ray is a fish.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Voldemort on 09-07-2006 at 10:27 PM

My dad was stung by one, we had to run to the local clinic as he was bleeding madly, imagine the shock we got, as we did not know what caused it, we had to run to the local clinic. People think its like being stung like a bee or something.
edit:
dodgy me confusing words

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by user27089 on 09-07-2006 at 10:30 PM

quote:
My dad was bitten by one, we had to run to the local clinic as he was bleeding madly, imagine the shock we got, as we did not know what caused it, we had to run to the local clinic. People think its like being stung like a bee or something.

Your dad got bitten by one? I didn't know sting-rays had teeth that bad 8-).
RE: RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Chris4 on 09-07-2006 at 10:34 PM

quote:
quote:
My dad was bitten by one, we had to run to the local clinic as he was bleeding madly, imagine the shock we got, as we did not know what caused it, we had to run to the local clinic. People think its like being stung like a bee or something.

Your dad got bitten by one? I didn't know sting-rays had teeth that bad 8-).

I don't think they bite, they just sting you when you go to close to them.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by user27089 on 09-07-2006 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I don't think they bite, they just sting you when you go to close to them.

define: sarcasm

sorry to be blunt, i'm tired :( <3
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Voldemort on 09-07-2006 at 10:40 PM

stung*
they dont bite, they sting with a + shaped sting :D
i corrected it :dodgy:

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by vaccination on 09-07-2006 at 10:48 PM

quote:

The sting-rays sting is like a barb, once it's in it is very difficult to get out, similar to getting a fish-hook in your hand.

Especially a barbed fish-hook. (their a freaking bitch!)

Today a girl in my English class said to me..

Girl: "If he(Steve) had got the tail thing out quicker he would have lived!"

Me: " Even in the unlikely event he did get it out quicker, the poison would have killed him anyway.."

Then she started arguing, stupid bitch girl.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Voldemort on 09-07-2006 at 10:52 PM

No, his blood would have come out.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by user27089 on 09-07-2006 at 10:54 PM

quote:

Exactly, when you're pierced through the heart, there's pretty much fuck all anybody can do unless you're in the operating theatre already with a heart transplant on standby.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by vaccination on 09-07-2006 at 10:58 PM

quote:
quote:

Exactly, when you're pierced through the heart, there's pretty much fuck all anybody can do unless you're in the operating theatre already with a heart transplant on standby.

Ya i didn't think of the bleeding, if their was no bleeding(hypothetically speaking) then the poison would kill him.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by paperless on 09-07-2006 at 11:03 PM

The poison is rarely deadly, only very painful.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Voldemort on 09-07-2006 at 11:06 PM

No, but its poison prevents the cut from healing.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Adeptus on 09-08-2006 at 02:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Girl: "If he(Steve) had got the tail thing out quicker he would have lived!"
Actually, I suspect the opposite -- he would've been more likely to live had he left it alone and not got it out.

While I haven't seen anything conclusive on the cause of death, it has been claimed repeatedly his heart was penetrated.  In that circumstance, the thing to do is to leave the penetrating object in place -- as removal would result in spectacular bleeding and cardiac tamponade.  This is a much more immediate risk than the effects of stigray venom; if this is what the situation was, leaving the barb in place could have bought enough time to get him to a properly equipped medical facility.

So, keep this in mind -- if you get stabbed in the heart area and you are still alive enough to contemplate it, leave the object where it is.  If it hasn't killed you yet, you probably have more time if you don't screw with it than you will if you do.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Vimto on 09-08-2006 at 04:24 PM

I'm sure it was on the news that there has only ever been 3 killings made by StingRays and it is very rare that there is fatal attacks on humans. Something like that. Thats why I was so shocked that He would get killed by one :( Nothing he could do really.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Voldemort on 09-08-2006 at 10:01 PM

quote:
very rare that there is attacks on humans

errrrr how about no.
they are not rare, they go near the shore on the summer, and people step on them and they sting them...
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by s7a5 on 09-09-2006 at 01:10 AM

I loved his movies, he was the only guy who made nature shows funny and interesting.
RIP Irwin, you will be missed.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Discrate on 09-15-2006 at 12:05 PM

R.I.P steve!! i was lucky to go see  him feeding some crocs at his Australia zoo :(

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by lrac522 on 09-16-2006 at 05:29 AM

but stingrays are known to be harmless creatures. I have seen in Jamaica a popular tourist attraction called Stingrays City where tourist hug and kiss stingrays like dolphins. You wouldn't believe how friendly they are. It's pretty strange that a creature like this got him killed and not one of those deadly ones he plays with. This is like the story about David and Goli??? (sorry I can't spell it):$

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by linx05 on 09-18-2006 at 07:20 AM

I'm wondering if there are anyone going to the Steve Irwin memorial? I will be attending.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by davidpolitis on 09-18-2006 at 08:20 AM

Wheres it being held? If it's being held in Queensland I definantly can't.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by linx05 on 09-18-2006 at 08:46 AM

Yeah it is, at his zoo. Free tickets were distributed this week, some people camping out for two days. I was just lucky enough to know someone with 8 tickets.

So I'll be leaving at about 4am probably. It starts at 8am. Our PM John Howard and Peter Beattie will be attending also. I might try and take photos, though it might be a little disrespectful.

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by davidpolitis on 09-18-2006 at 08:50 AM

lol. If you get some, be sure to show me them, wish I lived near Queensland because it takes like one day to get to Queensland by car & like 1-1 & a half hours by plane

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by linx05 on 09-20-2006 at 10:49 PM

One day to get to Queensland? Yeah depending where you lived. Probably more. Have a look at the Australian map to see what I mean.

Anyway, I got up around 4am. Left at 4:30. It took us about an hour and a half probably. There were heaps of camera crew around. Very busy. We waited probably another 30 minutes and got to go inside. Police had all the side passages blocked so no one could go walk about. Then the line stopped and we probably waited around 45mins. Finally we got in.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

The photos aren't too good. We weren't allowed and cameras/recording devices because of the footage being shot by major TV networks.

The memorial was a very sad one. I nearly cried which was big for me. We had a few bogans yelling out their support for Terri. The footage with actors around the world saying their thing was very nice. Except there should have been more Aussies in there. Russel Crowe did a very good one. I don't know why Justine Timberlake was in there, same with Cameron. They were so fake. It was as if they had a gun to their heads, making them say the lines. More so with Timberlake.

After the ceremony we went and walked around the Zoo. It was a while since I had been there but it was really good. I wouldn't mind going back. It was an errie feeling though. Because Steve wasn't around anymore.

R.I.P. Steve

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Voldemort on 09-20-2006 at 11:51 PM

i feel sorry for his daughter, i saw her on tv... i think she doesnt get the death, yet...

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
but stingrays are known to be harmless creatures.

yeah, they just have a nice little thing at the end of their tails....
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by Spunky on 09-21-2006 at 12:31 AM

This is in no way insensitive, but more people seem to be upset about this than about Princess Di dying. Whilst they were both great people, I feel that his death means a lot more to today's generation as he has taught and entertained us. He was a legend and will be remembered for years to come. He will be sorely missed

RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by user27089 on 09-21-2006 at 07:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
This is in no way insensitive, but more people seem to be upset about this than about Princess Di dying. Whilst they were both great people, I feel that his death means a lot more to today's generation as he has taught and entertained us. He was a legend and will be remembered for years to come. He will be sorely missed

I know what you mean, I wasn't affected at all by Princess Diana's death, I didn't really know who she was until she died.

For some reason, this is the only death that I feel trully upset about :p.
RE: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead by cloudhunter on 09-21-2006 at 08:44 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff

I know what you mean, I wasn't affected at all by Princess Diana's death, I didn't really know who she was until she died.

For some reason, this is the only death that I feel trully upset about :p.

Same here. It was only afterwords that I appreciated her death more, and what it meant to the British people... But to me it didn't matter still.

However with Steve Irwin, it's just something wrong with him dying... Like it isn't meant to happen... It upset me somehow :P