Shoutbox

re-adding a contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: re-adding a contact (/showthread.php?tid=65815)

re-adding a contact by Jarrod on 09-04-2006 at 09:48 AM

i recently tried readding a contact i deleted the contact from my list the when i try re add them it says the already exist
now why does it do that and how do i re-add them

RE: re-adding a contact by Sunshine on 09-04-2006 at 10:05 AM

Then he must be in either allow or block list still. Try from Tools > Options > Privacy...click View button beside "See who has added you to their contact list", find the contact..rightclick and choose "add to contacts"

RE: re-adding a contact by Jarrod on 09-04-2006 at 10:15 AM

that didn't work i removed them from my list there and i'm not on their list so that bit doesn't work i tried going through messenger and i couldn't find any trace of them i did tools>options>privacy and deleted that now it's now where but it still won't let me add them

RE: re-adding a contact by Sunshine on 09-04-2006 at 10:32 AM

One more thing you can try is have them re add you. If that doesn't work either then i suggest you wait it out for a bit as those things might be a server problem.

RE: re-adding a contact by Jarrod on 09-04-2006 at 09:09 PM

i solved my problem there might be a bug with the checking function in live because i signed in on msn 7.5 and it worked fine

RE: re-adding a contact by CookieRevised on 09-04-2006 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
i solved my problem there might be a bug with the checking function in live because i signed in on msn 7.5 and it worked fine
The things you describe have got nothing todo with Messenger Plus!. Adding, deleting, moving contacts are all native Messenger functions.

Messenger Plus! is an addon, it adds some feature to Messenger (like a 'boss protection'). It does not replace Messenger as a messaging client; you still chat with Messenger.

When adding and deleting contacts you must take note that all this takes place in the protocol and the messenger servers. Especially in WLM this can take a while (seconds) and it can even be that you need to close messenger in order to take effect (due to some caching bugs).

So it is well possible that switching to MSN Messenger 7.5 and it working was only coincidence.
RE: re-adding a contact by Jarrod on 09-05-2006 at 06:36 AM

yes that makes sence i'm not sure it was a problem with plus but the contact had been deleted previously to the asking of the question the had already been off the list for a month although i didn't try restarting messenger

yes that makes sence i'm not sure it was a problem with plus but the contact had been deleted previously to the asking of the question the had already been off the list for a month although i didn't try restarting messenger

i just tried it again with another contact i deleted lastnight but it still didn't work.
when i say deleted i mean right through privacy and everything it says the address needs to be unique.
sorry for the dubble post to

RE: re-adding a contact by Jarrod on 09-08-2006 at 08:26 AM

i've tried wating three days and still it won't let me readd the contact
plz i need some help it is getting annoying

RE: re-adding a contact by haydos on 09-08-2006 at 10:23 AM

I see from your profile that you have a hotmail account; try deleting the contact from your hotmail contacts and then try and add them, they could still be there.

RE: re-adding a contact by Jarrod on 09-10-2006 at 12:05 AM

tried it

RE: re-adding a contact by cloudhunter on 09-10-2006 at 12:06 AM

Try adding them on Messenger 7.5, or some kind of web messenger.

Cloudy

RE: re-adding a contact by Jarrod on 09-10-2006 at 12:09 AM

i did and it works but i don't want to have to do that i've added them in Messenger 7.5 and trillian but y should i have to y won't it let me do it normally?

RE: re-adding a contact by Kenji on 09-10-2006 at 12:18 AM

if you havent tried alread, on your contact list theres a section called non IM contacts, click on that and the person you deleted mnight be in there....

[Image: nonimxk4.png]

RE: re-adding a contact by Jarrod on 09-10-2006 at 12:36 AM

thanx fror all your help guus but it's working now and i didn't really do anything (i did install the latest scripting engine) and now it works weird