Shoutbox

Sort Received Files SCRIPT - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Sort Received Files SCRIPT (/showthread.php?tid=65847)

Sort Received Files SCRIPT by neohunter on 09-04-2006 at 08:12 PM

Hi, is posible to sort and group the received files into folders for each contact like the logs?

ejem

my received files
-->pedro@hotmail.com
           --->File 1
           --->File 2
           --->File 3
--> thowtyr@hotmail.com
           --->File 1
           --->File 2
           --->File 3

RE: Is posible by Zeh on 09-04-2006 at 08:21 PM

I believe that the file transfer plus 4 script lets you do that. Not sure though...

RE: Is posible by Chris4 on 09-04-2006 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
The idea is very good and has been requested many times before, but it is just not paticually easy to code.  As there are no events for file transfer, it would involve either packet sniffing, hooking the windowless richedit control or active accesability reading the conversation window.

More threads:
Looking for Plugin
My Received Files
Who Sent It
idea for a feature
* Received File Sorting *
Custom recieved files folders

RE: Is posible by Zeh on 09-04-2006 at 08:29 PM

Well I'm quite sure that file transfer plus 4 has a option that organizes your recived files in folders named after the senders email. File transfer plus 4 uses packet sniffig dlls.

RE: Is posible by neohunter on 09-04-2006 at 09:20 PM

Ok, i try doing this

function  OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin,Message,MessageKind) {
MsgPlus.DisplayToast("UnionRo 2.0","Msg: "+Message+MessageKind);
}

and it gives me the received messages, but dont give me nothing when is a file transfer ¬¬_

RE: Is posible by Zeh on 09-04-2006 at 09:26 PM

Why don't you just download file transfer plus 4? http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=65275

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by neohunter on 11-12-2006 at 05:10 PM

i download it and try, but it just allow to sort the files ONLY WHEN THE OTHER CONTACT HAVE FILE TRANSFER PLUS4

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by neohunter on 11-12-2006 at 07:02 PM

mmm in the last release of msgplus we have a new function for advanced developers

PlusWnd::RegisterMessageNotification

may is useful for do this script?

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by CookieRevised on 11-12-2006 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by neohunter
mmm in the last release of msgplus we have a new function for advanced developers

PlusWnd::RegisterMessageNotification

may is useful for do this script?
very short answer: no

RegisterMessageNotification only works for windows created by Plus!, not for other windows. And even if it could be used on other windows, it wouldn't be usefull either as that is not how file transfers, or messenger itself for that matter, work.
RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by neohunter on 11-12-2006 at 07:15 PM

so there is no way to make a received files sorter script?

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by matty on 11-12-2006 at 07:35 PM

No, it will only be possible if Patchou adds back the rest of nMessageType to detect file transfers.

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by Plan-1130 on 11-12-2006 at 07:55 PM

yes, but not in 'just' scripting, as you need hooking and/or package sniffing...

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by matty on 11-12-2006 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
yes, but not in 'just' scripting, as you need hooking and/or package sniffing...
No it wont, I talked with Patchou after I replied earlier and he said in the next release he will add functionality for it, so when it gets to beta I will make something.
RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by neohunter on 11-15-2006 at 01:43 AM

mmm that sound interesting, =)

can you give me any date?

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by neohunter on 05-18-2007 at 03:29 PM

Please, please, someone do this...

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by Matti on 05-18-2007 at 04:12 PM

First: you just bumped a topic from half a year ago. Please, let such topics rest and die silently unless you have a VERY urgent reason.

You might want to check this recent post by Eljay, he's making a library which let scripts respond on file transfer events... Just be patient!
Eljay's reply to Read this, i think its a brilliant idea

RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by neohunter on 05-18-2007 at 04:23 PM

yeah i understand this is an old topic, and a old feature request. There is a lots of the same request:

Looking for Plugin
My Received Files
Who Sent It
idea for a feature
* Received File Sorting *
Custom recieved files folders
Read this, i think its a brilliant idea

look, i really want this feature, if you dont want me to reply to this topic i will create a new one. But will be the same, is a very needed feature. We are a lot of people, and a lots of post and after a time the devs just forgets about it. I understand that msgplus dont have a way to detect file transfer so PLEASE PATCHOU GIVE US THIS FEATURE.

just please, if someone can tell this to pathou...

i heave developed a couple of script but i this is out of my hands using just JS...

believe me, each time we got a new version i read the full changelog in search of this feature...

=(

...ok, or may if i offer some cash??
RE: Sort Received Files SCRIPT by CookieRevised on 05-18-2007 at 04:26 PM

If you know there are already many threads about it, then there is absolutely no reason at all to create yet another one and please stop bumping them and stick to one thread only!!! It is of no use to post in all of them.

Stick to:
"Read this, i think its a brilliant idea" which is the most recent updated thread and the continuation of this thread.

EDIT: and do not double post either...

I suggest to read the rules to refresh what is allowed and what not.