Shoutbox

problem with my pc speakers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: problem with my pc speakers (/showthread.php?tid=65876)

problem with my pc speakers by MC Inferno on 09-05-2006 at 01:42 PM

i used to have a left, right and bass speaker, but then sumthin happened to em, and izassumed i blew the bass, the bass was soundin a little funny and u could barely hear the left, but the lright side seemed ok enuff.

i bought sum new ones (these being jus left and right), and wen i went to put them in, i had the same problem, so i checked all wires, and they cool. i panned the track on adobe audition 1.5 completely to the left, and once again, it happened again.

you can jus about hear a snare or sumthin if its top voume and u put ur ear right next to it... but i dunno whats up with it? it must be the pc, but everythin else works fine, any ideas?

RE: problem with my pc speakers by RaceProUK on 09-05-2006 at 03:55 PM

Are the speakers connected to the sub? If so, the problem could be there. Connect the satellites without the sub, see if the problem still occurs.

RE: problem with my pc speakers by MC Inferno on 09-05-2006 at 05:02 PM

the old ones had to go thru the sub... the connected to the sub, one white, one red, and the sub had a port for the green socket in the back of the pc, so i cant connect em without the sub being there

the new ones dont have a sub, they jus L and R.

RE: problem with my pc speakers by CookieRevised on 09-05-2006 at 05:12 PM

Make sure all your driver settings, volume settings in windows, volume buttons on speakers and card, cables, etc are all correct. If it still fails it might be possible that you actually blew up the "end-amp", this is an electronical component (in dutch: "eindtrap") of your soundcard which is responsible for the left channel. If so, the only thing left todo is using your soundcard as a frisbee...

RE: problem with my pc speakers by MC Inferno on 09-05-2006 at 05:53 PM

checked everythin. dammi,t i hate pc's.

how much is a new decent soundcard, and how much will it be to get it fitted professionally, coz i dont wanna start fucking about with it...?

RE: problem with my pc speakers by Joe on 09-05-2006 at 07:52 PM

I have this Creative X-Fi software on my computer (came with it form Dell) and it confuses my speakers and they sound way off all the time. I have it set to 5.1 surround and it works right now. Maybe some sound software on your computer is causing this.

RE: problem with my pc speakers by kao on 09-06-2006 at 05:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by atown44
I have this Creative X-Fi software on my computer (came with it form Dell) and it confuses my speakers and they sound way off all the time. I have it set to 5.1 surround and it works right now. Maybe some sound software on your computer is causing this.
it confuses them? lol?

I have a soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music and it works fine, the software is good o_O.

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
how much is a new decent soundcard
mine cost a bit under £100