Shoutbox

Chat log grr - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat log grr (/showthread.php?tid=65903)

Chat log grr by topmonkey on 09-06-2006 at 11:24 AM

hiya all,
only just dwnloaded this add on! but, ive unmarked the chat log so it shouldnt save my conversations, but its still saving them? is there anything else i can do?
thanx x 8-)

RE: Chat log grr by markee on 09-06-2006 at 11:31 AM

Just a few quick questions to just make sure we know exactly what is going on:

1. Are you sure that it still logging your conversations not just keeping your old ones?

2. Do you have logging by WLM enabled and are just getting confused with which one is logging your chats?

3. Did you save the preferences properly (is the checkbox still unchecked in the preferences)?

4. Did you only disable logging from speific contacts (just unticked using the plus! menu next to file, edit, ...., help in the top of the conversation window)?

5. What versions of Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live Messenger are you using?

RE: Chat log grr by topmonkey on 09-06-2006 at 11:39 AM

hiya thanx for replying!

ok sorry but your going to have to be a little patient with me pretty new to all this!

1. Are you sure that it still logging your conversations not just keeping your old ones?

yep its still logging all convos, as im typing with people its keeping them all logged!!

2. Do you have logging by WLM enabled and are just getting confused with which one is logging your chats?

No, all is ok there!

3. Did you save the preferences properly (is the checkbox still unchecked in the preferences)?

yes the box still unchecked, so that saved fine!

4. Did you only disable logging from speific contacts (just unticked using the plus! menu next to file, edit, ...., help in the top of the conversation window)?

no, made sure that NO logs were were kept for any contacts!

5. What versions of Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Live Messenger are you using?

I just thought it was windows live messenger, thats all it says!!

Just a thought if all else fails would uninstalling and reinstalling help?

thanx

RE: Chat log grr by markee on 09-06-2006 at 12:02 PM

I'm sorry, I was hoping one of them was going to be where the problem was.  Maybe someone else can shed some light on this issue for you, at least I got rid of a lot of possibilities and you never know reinstalling might help.